• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaliWingsNut

Brunnstrom

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

How do you think he will do? Babcock has previously stated he will be trying for a top 6 position.

Where does he fit into the lineup? Thoughts?

I've been impressed with him so far, and think that Detroit could be a great match for him (if we've got room).

Apparently his knock has been lack of grit and work ethic. Therefore, it would be unwise to give him any type of Prima Donna treatment by instantly inserting him into the top six, even though that is where his type of style fits. He needs to earn it , needs to prove he belongs.

He will have to go the Danny Cleary route of busting his ass and learning to be grittier and then when Hudler is gone next year he may have a spot.

And it's a long season, we always have injuries so space opens up.

I hope he turns into atleast nearly what was initially hoped for back 3 years or so ago.

Also, Babcock and Holland need to take a look at why Ville Leino didn't work and then was instantly successful in Philly. Was just the way it was? Was it something they could have done differently? Was it Detroit vs Philly systems? It would atleast be good to have an idea of the reasonning behind the experience.

Edit: All I've seen of him was him getting knocked around by Toronto in preseason. Unimpressive to say the least. Just sayin...

Edited by T.Low

i'm not as big a puck head as ya'll.... but from the chatter on LGW i am excited to see this kid!!

i'm kind of interested to see where he starts out. i imagine he'll start low and work his way up. i'm afraid if he starts in the top 6 he might miss the boat and have things fly by... but he's a pro, so i guess he knows whats what.

7 pm can't come fast enough!!

Apparently his knock has been lack of grit and work ethic. Therefore, it would be unwise to give him any type of Prima Donna treatment by instantly inserting him into the top six, even though that is where his type of style fits. He needs to earn it , needs to prove he belongs.

He will have to go the Danny Cleary route of busting his ass and learning to be grittier and then when Hudler is gone next year he may have a spot.

And it's a long season, we always have injuries so space opens up.

I hope he turns into atleast nearly what was initially hoped for back 3 years or so ago.

Also, Babcock and Holland need to take a look at why Ville Leino didn't work and then was instantly successful in Philly. Was just the way it was? Was it something they could have done differently? Was it Detroit vs Philly systems? It would atleast be good to have an idea of the reasonning behind the experience.

Edit: All I've seen of him was him getting knocked around by Toronto in preseason. Unimpressive to say the least. Just sayin...

I don't think Hudler is going anywhere if he puts up decent numbers this year and so far he looks good. He is actually noticeable on the ice unlike last year. Regardless, I am really excited to see how Brunnstrom does. I don't think attitude will be a problem this time around for him with all the leadership and fellow Swedes he will have as role models.

I don't think Hudler is going anywhere if he puts up decent numbers this year and so far he looks good. He is actually noticeable on the ice unlike last year. Regardless, I am really excited to see how Brunnstrom does. I don't think attitude will be a problem this time around for him with all the leadership and fellow Swedes he will have as role models.

I'd be surprised if Huds doesn't get 5 years / 17.5 million at end of season. He's got skillz.

I'm not expecting anything out of Brunnstrom. I'm looking forward to Nestrasil and Smith, as far as our prospects go.

Musak/Tatar as far as the young Red Wings guys go.

Deserved to play 2 minutes. Terrible opening period.

I think the 4th line on Tuesday will look very different, something like Holmstrom-Miller-Eaves.

Agreed. That 4th line looked terrible. Dats looked good tonight, and that's about it. The rest of the team looked out of shape.

Yeah didn't even notice him. However I don't know how Brunnstrom is going to gel with the fourth line at all if for some reason they have him at practice rotating with Z-Dats-Cleary. Makes no sense. Why won't they rotate him with the fourth line guys that way there could be more line chemistry? :thumbdown:

Guest 13GoWings40

I'd be surprised if Huds doesn't get 5 years / 17.5 million at end of season. He's got skillz.

It'll probably be higher than that, just not from us. Toronto, Florida, both New York teams, there's never a shortage of dumbass GMs with more money than sense in the NHL. Burke gave Lebda how much and then was able to trade him, Hudler is easily in line for a Leino-type contract (that reminds me add Buffalo to the above listed teams)

Guest CaliWingsNut

I didn't even notice him.... not good for a first night.

Edit:

He played just over 8 minutes of 5v5.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

I didn't notice him, either. And considering all the chances the Wings had, he should have been a part of at least some of them. I'd say let him play another game and if he doesn't make some kind of impact, rotate him back for Eaves or Miller until he does.

I noticed him...getting knocked over left and right. This guy definitely needs a year in the minors to toughen him up. We know the guy's got skills from what we saw in the preseason, but it's going to take some hard work/experience before he can use it at an NHL level again.

you expected to notice him? he hasnt played in a game in like a month, that'll get u rusty, no matter what you do off the ice, or during practice.

Seems like Leino and Brunnstrom will always be linked together.

Leino also debuted for the Wings in a loss to the Warshington Capitals.

yea but he scored a sick spin o rama goal, so maybe the slow start is a good thing?

Edited by wings1110

Mursak won't return for a Hwile though. He's probably going to have the maximum conditioning stint in GR.

Yep, but when that's finished I expect the Wings to waive Brunnstrom, and I half expect him to clear, especially if he continues to play like he did last night.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I think for now he'll be subbing in for Homer on back to back nights. He'll get a few more chances before he either impresses or gets waived?

I think for now he'll be subbing in for Homer on back to back nights. He'll get a few more chances before he either impresses or gets waived?

He'll most certainly have to impress Mr. Babs in his next game, which if your correct and I think you are will be Saturday in Minnesota. He's going to need lady lucks attention in the next couple if he doesnt want the latter to happen...I hope he impresses and earns a spot though, I like him...

Edited by 13dangledangle