• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
P. Marlowe

Trade between Florida and Vancouver

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Hmmm interesting trade for sure.

That makes Matthias, Fleischmann, Kopecky and Samuelsson as all ex Wings (in one way or the other) on the Panthers roster. Wow.

They talked to enough Michigan ex-pats in Florida and were just ahead of the curve (before retirement age).

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

Too bad. Sammy and the Sedins were a great line. The Homliest Swedes Line was fun.

Seriously, I don't really understand this trade, but I don't follow Florida enough to figure this out.

Bure, Jovo, Odelein, Sammy, Sturm.. I follow. :P

Florida likes vets but they need to be a bit more productive.

You guys don't think Booth is just one concussion away from turning into Marc Savard? Six more years on Booth's mega-deal, plus an NTC coming next year IIRC.

IMO, the Canucks are putting an awful lot of eggs into the Chris Higgins basket and I don't know that that has ever worked out for anyone.

Samuelsson is a guy that, for the right price, I wouldn't mind having back with the Wings in case of an injury to the top 6 down the stretch.

I dunno. Samuelsson has been more productive offensively the last two seasons than Booth. On the other hand Booth is 8 years younger.

Booth played for Flordia which isn't exactly the powerhouse that Canucks are.

A downside I see is Booth's playoff experience. Sammy has some timely goals in the playoffs. With Booth, who knows how he'll produce come playoffs.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Sammy is taking his talents to South Beach. Certainly nicer weather than Vancouver or Detroit.

I hope the ladies there are ready for what they are about to receive. :cool:

If they're not, they can go do what he told team Sweden to do when he wasn't selected. Hrmph!

Sammy must be crushed. I'm sure he loved playing in Vancouver, a top team in the NHL and with the Sedins and Edler, etc.

What's the possibility of him making a giant fuss, not reporting to the team and the Panthers waiving him?

And in turn, the Wings replacing Brunnstrom with Samuelsson?

Guest Crymson

What's the possibility of him making a giant fuss, not reporting to the team and the Panthers waiving him?

The possibility of that is about as great as him actually making it all the way down to the Wings` spot in the waiver order should the above occur, which is somewhere around zero. Besides, he'd owe Florida another year if he failed to report, and he doesn't really seem like the type anyway.

Sammy is taking his talents to South Beach. Certainly nicer weather than Vancouver or Detroit.

I hope the ladies there are ready for what they are about to receive. :cool:

You get it, dude. You so get it.

Kind of a weird trade. I would have expected Florida to be going after younger players, not giving them up. Obviously, they had no confidence in Booth (I can see why) and they wanted to dump his contract. In return they get a couple vets who are an upgrade right now and could fetch them some picks at the deadline.

Kind of a weird trade. I would have expected Florida to be going after younger players, not giving them up. Obviously, they had no confidence in Booth (I can see why) and they wanted to dump his contract. In return they get a couple vets who are an upgrade right now and could fetch them some picks at the deadline.

And both have contracts that end this season.

Like you said this was pretty much a salary dump.

Sammy must be crushed. I'm sure he loved playing in Vancouver, a top team in the NHL and with the Sedins and Edler, etc.

Didn't Sammy play for Florida once?