• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Tomas Jurco

Rate this topic

Surprised there was no thread on our first pick in last years draft.

He has two assists tonight for Saint John, which extends his point streak to 7 games. On the season he has 6+6 and has a poiint in all but one of the 10 games he's played.

Defying virtually every published ranking on the market, Jurco — a puck magician who was a key player for the Memorial Cup-winning Saint John Sea Dogs in May — slipped from his consensus first-round ranking to 35th overall, where the Red Wings nabbed him.

“Playing on such a good team in Saint John, he was getting second-line duty, second power play, and I don’t know if it turned people off, but it didn’t turn us off at all,” said Red Wings director of scouting Joe McDonnell. “His skill level is real high first-round material, and that’s where we had him rated.”

This is an exciting prospect.

I was watching him the other day and all I could think of was Fedorov. Good size, good speed, slick hands, and he has that flashiness about him. I haven't seen enough of him to say that he plays like Fedorov, and I'm certainly not saying he'll be as good, but he seems somewhat similar from what I've seen.

Depends what happens when Galivev (sp) comes back.

Galiev I think.

But yeah if this production keeps up until the end of November (when hes supposed to come back) I really doubt they break up that kind of chemistry and they will play Galiev on the second line. Gallant would be stupid to break up that kind of chemistry

Jurco is enjoying an exceptional start to the season. In the past he's been criticised for his inconsistent play, but so far this season he seems to be bringing it every night. Out of the 19 games he has played, he's only been held off the scoresheet twice. With line mate and top prospect Jonathan Huburdeau currently injured with a broken foot, Jurco’s had to step up in his absence. His totals for the season are 13 goals, 14 assists 27 points. He’s also a +18. He’s currently enjoying a four game goal streak. He’s on track to smash his previous career high totals, and if he keeps it up, I think there’s every chance he turns pro with Grand Rapids next season.

Looks like they gave him another assist last night so he's at 30p in 20gp.

Also, he has 4g+5a=9p in 4gp since Huberdeau went out with an injury so it's pretty clear that his good start wasn't just a product of playing on a line with a top-3 pick.

Edited by hockey23