Z Winged Dangler

What's up with Zetterberg?

Rate this topic

Really?

ALL STATS AFTER 7 GAMES:

02/03 - 5pts (Rookie year)

03/04 - 6pts

05/06 - 9pts

06/07 - 3pts (ended the year with only 68 pts, worst since lockout, but more due to injury as he was above ppg)

07/08 - 13pts

08/09 - 8pts

09/10 - 7pts

10/11 - 10pts

11/12 - 2pts

Zing....This is the truth right here. But that being said, points always come in waves so don't sweat it. Datsyuk is typically the slow starter. I won't pull his stats but even just how engaged he is or the mistakes he makes. To me, despite his point so far this season he's looked far from his normal dominant self.

I thought Z and Pav have both looked not-so-up-to-par. I think Pav's wrist is still bothering him, he doesn't seem to be the Pavs that we know. Don't get me wrong, he's playing good, just not Pasha good. I have not noticed Zetterberg that much, which means he isn't doing a whole lot, but I'm sure he will get up to speed. I don't recall either of them playing much preseason, that combined with the slow start to the schedule, I think the boys just need more hockey to get up to speed. To be honest, I wasn't sure how we even won the first 5 games as a team, looked rusty to me, but they found a way to win; and that's what makes a great team.

Really?

ALL STATS AFTER 7 GAMES:

02/03 - 5pts (Rookie year)

03/04 - 6pts

05/06 - 9pts

06/07 - 3pts (ended the year with only 68 pts, worst since lockout, but more due to injury as he was above ppg)

07/08 - 13pts

08/09 - 8pts

09/10 - 7pts

10/11 - 10pts

11/12 - 2pts

Interesting stats. It's been just six games though, not seven.

He hasn't been as dominating as he used to be since 2008, but he'll probably still finish near a point-per-game this season.

Put Bertuzzi on the top line and take Cleary (and his balance issues) off it.

I certainly think we need to remove Cleary from the line for the time being but I love the line of Mule Flip Bert as the 2nd line. Im sticking to my guns and think Hudler would be perfect with Z&D on the 1st line. Three great passers, shooters and some of the most creative visions in the game.

Hes been taking shots thats for sure. He is currently 4th in the league in shots with 29 in 6 games, and the people ahead of him have games in hand. So I'm sure that if he just keeps shooting a few will go in and he'll go on a streak.

Zetterberg is a notoriously slow starter. No worries, folks.

Every year we have threads like this wondering what's wrong with Zetterberg, and by the end of the season we have threads about how awesome Zetterberg is.

Actually it's Pav who is the 'notoriously' slow starter. It's ok, they are twins after all, hehe.

I'm almost positive that I've heard Babs say that the past two years at least. I don't know the numbers exactly but I'm guessing Babs might mean it in more of a qualitative sense.

Guest Heaten

Threads like this about Zetterberg pop up every October/November dating back since his big contract. By December/January we'll see threads pop up title: "ZETTERBERG IS A BEAST!!!", and "ZETTERBERG IS SUPER HUMAN!!!".

Everything is on schedule for Zetterberg.

Edited by Heaten

Threads like this about Zetterberg pop up every October/November dating back since his big contract. By December/January we'll see threads pop up title: "ZETTERBERG IS A BEAST!!!", and "ZETTERBERG IS SUPER HUMAN!!!".

Everything is on schedule for Zetterberg.

"Zetterberg is a Beast" is my favorite one, but it was Datsyuk that was "Superhuman"...Who will be what this year remains to be seen.

"Zetterberg is a Beast" is my favorite one, but it was Datsyuk that was "Superhuman"...Who will be what this year remains to be seen.

I don't remember any of those. I do remember that one thread after he won the Conn Smythe though. Something like, "Man love for Z cuz he iz da man!!!... But no *** s***."

Seriously, it was something like that immediately after the 2008 cup win.

I don't remember any of those. I do remember that one thread after he won the Conn Smythe though. Something like, "Man love for Z cuz he iz da man!!!... But no *** s***."

Seriously, it was something like that immediately after the 2008 cup win.

Nice! Zetterberg won the Conn Smythe for us. He WAS the man that year. That's for sure.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Helm should take over Z's spot until he gets his act together. Z has been invisible out there. PATHETIC.

The idea of replacing Cleary with Hudler sounds interesting...either that or give Brunnstrom a shot at some playtime with Dats and Z. Really shake things up to get that line going. In no way, shape, or form do you split a line that's playing as good as Mule, Tuzzi and Flip.

The idea of replacing Cleary with Hudler sounds interesting...either that or give Brunnstrom a shot at some playtime with Dats and Z. Really shake things up to get that line going. In no way, shape, or form do you split a line that's playing as good as Mule, Tuzzi and Flip.

But the line's Mule, Huds and Flip.

I know it's surprising, but Hudler's doing a good job on that line.

Guest stinky fish taco

i guess this should have gone here

i think we've all accepted the fact that zetterberg will never be the same player he was in 07-08.

he has cement in his skates. his back is toast. his forehand shot is gone.

...but did anyone expect it to be this bad? he's been absolutely terrible.

i wonder how that contract will look in 1-2 more years.

I've been thinking about this question for the past few days and have come to no conclusion or any sort of opinion, so I thought I'd throw this question out:

Would now be an optimal time to trade Z?

*Not sure if he has a NTC, but in reality, that obstacle has been overcome by teams wanting/needing a player out. Taking that element out of the equation, and just addressing the basic question above.

Guest Heaten

I've been thinking about this question for the past few days and have come to no conclusion or any sort of opinion, so I thought I'd throw this question out:

Would now be an optimal time to trade Z?

*Not sure if he has a NTC, but in reality, that obstacle has been overcome by teams wanting/needing a player out. Taking that element out of the equation, and just addressing the basic question above.

Lol? :blink: