• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

What's up with Zetterberg?

Rate this topic

I've been thinking about this question for the past few days and have come to no conclusion or any sort of opinion, so I thought I'd throw this question out:

Would now be an optimal time to trade Z?

*Not sure if he has a NTC, but in reality, that obstacle has been overcome by teams wanting/needing a player out. Taking that element out of the equation, and just addressing the basic question above.

Zetterberg/Kindl +1st for Bogosian!!!!! Call up Nyquist!!

DO IT NOW!

DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE TEN GAME MARK OR UNTIL HE'S HEALTHY!!

Guest Shoreline

Now's the time to trade Lids and Dats, Kenny, they're both getting older! Quick! Before I have to pop another Xanax or Ritalin!

Edited by Shoreline

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Helm on the first line? Surely that will fix the two goals in two games issue.

I don't care. Z should have to work his way back up the ladder. He's lazy and he sucks (srs). Other than the playoffs, there is nothing special about this guy, other than his wife's beautiful breasts.

Henrik-Zetterbergs-wife02.jpg

I don't care. Z should have to work his way back up the ladder. He's lazy and he sucks (srs). Other than the playoffs, there is nothing special about this guy, other than his wife's beautiful breasts.

Helm doesn't have the offense to play on the top line. He creates plays with speed and tenacity, not pure skill.

Z is still better than 90% of the league. If that's nothing special, I don't want to know what you think of the rest of the roster.

Yes, nothing special about a guy that finished top ten in the entire league in scoring last regular season.

Good move throwing Emma in to distract from that completely absurd statement.

Edited by GoWings1905

Well, at least we know where some of his money went! :lol:

I don't read Swedish too good, but did she write got nut in puss? :hysterical:

Edited by LeftWinger

Need to remember that he's only getting older and he isn't going to age like Lidstrom has.

I wonder what the chances are of Z retiring before Lidstrom. Hear me out. We all know Lidstrom could play another 5 years if he wanted to, and I certainly don't think this year will be his last. Z is making 6 million a year for the next few decades, how long will he be worth that much? Say a couple years from now he simply isn't pulling his weight in the top 6 and he is demoted to third line center or something. I'm sure he'd be an incredible one, but for $6 million a season? Obviously when he signed his contract he wasn't remotely planning on playing it out. So if he isn't playing in the top 6, would he simply retire? I think the chance that Z retired before Lidstrom is pretty low (maybe around 20%), but I definitely think we could see Z retiring in the next 3 years, unfortunately.

I wonder what the chances are of Z retiring before Lidstrom. Hear me out. We all know Lidstrom could play another 5 years if he wanted to, and I certainly don't think this year will be his last. Z is making 6 million a year for the next few decades, how long will he be worth that much? Say a couple years from now he simply isn't pulling his weight in the top 6 and he is demoted to third line center or something. I'm sure he'd be an incredible one, but for $6 million a season? Obviously when he signed his contract he wasn't remotely planning on playing it out. So if he isn't playing in the top 6, would he simply retire? I think the chance that Z retired before Lidstrom is pretty low (maybe around 20%), but I definitely think we could see Z retiring in the next 3 years, unfortunately.

Chances of him retiring before Lidstrom are lower than that I'd say. While Lids "could" play another 5 years, I highly doubt that would happen, I think this may be his last, but if not, definately next year.

I don't think Z will play out his entire contract, but I also don't think he retires in the next 3 years. It's possible, but I wouldn't put the possibilty as high as 20%.

I think this is about par for the course for Zetterberg. Of course we can expect him to step up his play in the playoffs, but he simply is not motivated enough with his 10-year $6 mil per contract.

Zetterberg is not getting any younger, has chronic back issues, and now has a nice juicy contract. Wake me up when it's time for playoffs and let's hope he is healthy then.

Didn't we trade them to Tampa for picks, pucks, and Eric Hipple?

+1 for the Eric Hipple reference... although I was always more of a Gary Danielson guy.

As for Z, people just need to relax. He may not be the 40+ goal scorer he was (once), but he's still a 75+ pts producer, can play two forward positions well, is an incredible shutdown forward, is one of the heart and soul guys on the team (and our likely next captain), and has carried the entire team on his back for stretches when injuries occur as recently as last season.

And his wife is really hot and I'd hate to see less of her around here were he traded.

There, I've said my peace. We keep Z.

I think this is about par for the course for Zetterberg. Of course we can expect him to step up his play in the playoffs, but he simply is not motivated enough with his 10-year $6 mil per contract.

Zetterberg is not getting any younger, has chronic back issues, and now has a nice juicy contract. Wake me up when it's time for playoffs and let's hope he is healthy then.

Ah yes, the ol' "he's phoning it in" chestnut. Hilarity.

Did he suddenly just lose motivation in seven games? Once again, I will state Z finished top ten in the league in scoring last season and carried this team with Pavel out. Someone struggles for seven games and he doesn't care about the game anymore? I am confident you could ask every member of his teammates/coaching staff and not one would have a bad thing to say about Z's work ethic.

I too find these posts ridiculous! Guys, we are 7 games into the season! To top that, we are 5-2, which is a pretty fair start to the season. Keep in mind, we have had 2 LONG layoffs, which makes it difficult for some players to get into a rhythm of things, so now that the schedule is picking up, and the top line is being called out by Babs to do better. I am excited for when the top line gets going (Hopefully Dats and Z with Homer cuz Cleary stinks on that line)and everyone on here will be talking about how great zetterberg is. Chill out guys and watch, because Pavs and Z never fail us in the grand scheme of things, and turning against them 7 games into the season is not what Red Wings fans should be about.

I too find these posts ridiculous! Guys, we are 7 games into the season! To top that, we are 5-2, which is a pretty fair start to the season. Keep in mind, we have had 2 LONG layoffs, which makes it difficult for some players to get into a rhythm of things, so now that the schedule is picking up, and the top line is being called out by Babs to do better. I am excited for when the top line gets going (Hopefully Dats and Z with Homer cuz Cleary stinks on that line)and everyone on here will be talking about how great zetterberg is. Chill out guys and watch, because Pavs and Z never fail us in the grand scheme of things, and turning against them 7 games into the season is not what Red Wings fans should be about.

i agree with you that most of it is cause the wings only play on weekends and have to derp around all week waiting to play a game, but the reason i started this topic was to simply ask everyone what was up with Z, not to call out my favourite player and say he's no good anymore. i'm 100% Z homer, whereas his s*** don't stink to me... the problem is, as i said in the OP, i can't "watch" anything but the 1:30 of highlights, which doesn't tell me much more than who scored, and who the game's suspension candidate is. i will assume like the rest that Z will finish a point per game, but i was just wondering why he wasn't scoring and if maybe his back was acting up again and he's playing injured....again. that's all. Z's the s***. and yes, if cleary can't skate without falling, which happens for a portion of every season with him, take him off the top line and throw holmstrom on there cause you know exactly what he's gonna bring to the table every night.

Guest Crymson

Did he suddenly just lose motivation in seven games? Once again, I will state Z finished top ten in the league in scoring last season and carried this team with Pavel out. Someone struggles for seven games and he doesn't care about the game anymore? I am confident you could ask every member of his teammates/coaching staff and not one would have a bad thing to say about Z's work ethic.

Babcock tells stories about needing to ask Z and Pavel to stop working out so often.

8doYG.png

What's your point? Everyone knew he was having a bad start statistically, that's not really in question. You could also project Phil Kessel to an 82 goal season right now.

His numbers will improve. I'm not sure if we'll ever see the 90+ point Zetterberg again, but he'll still return to looking like an elite player.