• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

What's up with Zetterberg?

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

ULlVj.png

when is zetterberg going to step up? this is getting ridiculous.

ULlVj.png

when is zetterberg going to step up? this is getting ridiculous.

Matt Cullen is project for a 41 goal season, and +21. These projections 11 games in aren't too accurate.

Hank is suffering from the same affliction that has taken over the rest of the team. He's no different, and no worse.

People like him never make points. They're just here to needlessly annoy.

His main job is to make us pine for mindfly. When he's not doing that, he's testing out his stand-up comedy routines on us. As you can clearly see, they're bombing.

Edited by Electrophile

Guest stinky fish taco

His main job is to make us pine for mindfly. When he's not doing that, he's testing out his stand-up comedy routines on us. As you can clearly see, they're bombing.

more of my posts are directly related to the red wings or hockey than yours. what does that tell you?

I certainly do miss this guy:

You mean this guy:

?

He's had a rough start to the season but give him time. His goal last night was awesome and hopefully that will get him going.

The main difference between Z today and Z from a few seasons ago is that his shots don't want to go in today. He's shooting and shooting but either the goalie makes an unbelievable save or it hits the post or it goes wide. Something has definitely happened with his confidence around the net, his scoring touch. It's not like he's completely changed from the player he was though.

The main difference between Z today and Z from a few seasons ago is that his shots don't want to go in today.

I don't know about that. Physically he seems to look a little older than his age at times. When he dropped that line of "I'm not 24 years old anymore" or whatever in that Swedish interview this past summer I felt so bad for him. Mentally and emotionally, I think he's really struggling with how time and experience has really worn on his body so that he can't do certain things that he likes to do on the ice or can't do them as often as he'd like. I don't think he's completely changed either and I have no doubt in my mind that he wants to be the Zetterberg that can take over games and make his linemates better than they really are on a consistent basis but perhaps the reality of the matter is that his body just won't let him do that anymore. Half the time during the regular season I see a guy who is desperately trying to convince himself he can still be a dominant force and the other times I see a guy who is just trying to learn to play smarter and maximize the amount of effectiveness his body will allow and when playoff time comes I see both. I don't worry about his heart or his work ethic at all but if anything, perhaps his genetics.

I'm in Italy right now, so I have only been able to watch some highlights and haven't been able to watch any games at all... So my question is, what's with Z's horrifically slow start? 6 games, 2 pts with a goal and an assist and is +1. This is not Z like production. I'm not bashing him, obviously he's my favourite player, so can someone enlighten me as to what i'm missing. Or is it like last year where 5 of the top 10 saves of the year were goalies robbing Zetterberg? The Wings are 5-1, so the team is obviously playing good, but Z's production will be something to worry about if he doesn't start getting points soon. Flip and Mule will not keep the pace they're on for 82 games. Neither will Z, but what do you guys think?

Team is say mid body injury I would guess from that an abdominal strain or tear

Our "future" captain isn't looking too promising right now.

Don't know what to do with him. If he was hurt, they'd have rested him by now instead of letting him continue to embarrass himself.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You and I both know who the sucessor to Lidstrom will be... our 2012 trade deadline acquistion.. JARROMMEEEE IGGIINLLLAAA.

iginla_3.jpg