• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Z Winged Dangler

What's up with Zetterberg?

Rate this topic

I cant help but think he must be playing through an injury. Likely a strained muscle or tendon or perhaps is dealing with some nerve impingement in his back. His skating (especially his firs 3 steps) is nowhere where it typically is. Groin, hip flexor, abdominal tear/sprots hernia, herniated disc, etc etc ... Zetterberg is a great player when hes healthy - but hes looking very granola right now. Being an undersized skilled player that relies on speed and compete level to outwork bigger finesse players Z is really in tough if hes injured. And yeah, hes only 30 on paper - but being a small brave guy thats logged the minutes he has from 2004 till now and all the palyoff hockey he has dont kid yourself, theres more miles on him than most would like to acknowledge.

If he does indeed have an "off year" I could see him having a Selanne-esque renaisance if the CBA results in a lockout next season. Teemu had like a 35 point season in 03-04 and was a physical wreck on the verge of retirement. Not that I want a lockout at all mind you - but he has credited that off year countless times for his continued success because it gave him time to hit the reset button on his body.

Guest stinky fish taco

at this point i just kinda feel bad for him. he plays like somebody swapped his body with a 90 year old's.

Yeah he got an assist but watching him against Boston was painful. It's as if he has no idea what confidence is anymore.

I'm starting to think Emma's having an affair or something. Anything in the Swedish tabloids of such a thing?

I think you're WAY overthinking this... I don't think it's mental... who was Bertuzzi's back guy? He apparently did wonders with him, maybe Z needs a consultation...

He just doesn't look strong on the puck and appears to be skating more upright (which any hockey player knows, affects your strength on the puck)... I really think it's the back again

Definitely still has the skill. Some nice assists and a sweet goal in the last couple of games. But something looks way off with him, like he's in pain out there. He's never been a very smooth skater, but now it looks like every stride is a struggle.

definitely the stache... he looks like a different player with that thing.

Certainly can't say he's not trying, but he has also been getting a point for a few consecutive games right? Hopefully he just stays consistent and plays like a 24 year old again.

There's nothing wrong with sitting him for a few games. It wouldn't be a "benching" but clearly he's hurting or distracted out there. He needs some time off and the team is doing well enough that we can afford to have him sit out a couple of games. Just let him clear his head or heal or condition or whatever. Didn't the Wings do this with Osgood a few years ago? Then he can come back fresh. Better than grinding the crap out of him now only to have him useless come playoff time from exhaustion or injury.

Call me crazy, but I noticed something late last night when I was watching highlights. Hank has never really been the same since he cut his hair short after 2009. Maybe he needs his longer hair back... just sayin... :P

You're not crazy. This has happened several times in the past. He has a definite Samson complex.