• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#21 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

His production has been low but he hasn't looked bad at all to me, certainly not injured-bad. His shots aren't going in but that's been a problem for him the last few years, we can only hope that changes.

I think it was against Washington or maybe against Columbus when he took the puck into the zone, made his awesome outside-in move on the D and almost got a great scoring chance but chose to hold on to the puck instead and go around the net. He's doing good things for the most part and I'm sure pucks will start to go in for him and Pav at a rapid pace soon.

#22 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

Would love him to have more outpout but a 6 game sample size out of an 80+ game season is too small to raise sirens about when he's roughly a point-per-game player through the course of a season.

#23 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

Zetterberg is a notoriously slow starter. No worries, folks.

Every year we have threads like this wondering what's wrong with Zetterberg, and by the end of the season we have threads about how awesome Zetterberg is.

Edited by VM1138, 24 October 2011 - 08:54 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#24 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

Zetterberg

2009-2010 - 7GP 1G + 6A
2010-2011 - 7GP 3G + 7A
2011-2012 - 6GP 1G + 1A

#25 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,494 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

Really?

ALL STATS AFTER 7 GAMES:

02/03 - 5pts (Rookie year)
03/04 - 6pts
05/06 - 9pts
06/07 - 3pts (ended the year with only 68 pts, worst since lockout, but more due to injury as he was above ppg)
07/08 - 13pts
08/09 - 8pts
09/10 - 7pts
10/11 - 10pts
11/12 - 2pts

When I look at those stats, this year appears to be an anomoly, rather than the rule. He doesn't appear to be a notorious slow starter at all.

That said, I'm not too worried, but I also think some people need to have realistic expectations. You can't expect the guy to score 40+ goals and 90+ or 100pts. Just because he's scored 40 goals and 90pts once in his career, doesn't mean he'll ever do it again. I think a ppg is closer to the ceiling than the floor for this guy and I think a lot of people may be putting a ppg as the floor and if he doesn't get there, then he's had an off year. Yes, 2pts in 7 games is nowhere near a ppg, but 7 games is far too small of a sample size. He could very well have terrible numbers by the end of the year, but I'm not ready to worry about that yet.

Need to remember that he's only getting older and he isn't going to age like Lidstrom has.

#26 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Really?

ALL STATS AFTER 7 GAMES:

03/04 - 6pts
05/06 - 9pts
06/07 - 3pts (ended the year with only 68 pts, worst since lockout, but more due to injury as he was above ppg)
07/08 - 13pts
08/09 - 8pts
09/10 - 7pts
10/11 - 10pts
11/12 - 2pts

Zing....This is the truth right here. But that being said, points always come in waves so don't sweat it. Datsyuk is typically the slow starter. I won't pull his stats but even just how engaged he is or the mistakes he makes. To me, despite his point so far this season he's looked far from his normal dominant self.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#27 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

I thought Z and Pav have both looked not-so-up-to-par. I think Pav's wrist is still bothering him, he doesn't seem to be the Pavs that we know. Don't get me wrong, he's playing good, just not Pasha good. I have not noticed Zetterberg that much, which means he isn't doing a whole lot, but I'm sure he will get up to speed. I don't recall either of them playing much preseason, that combined with the slow start to the schedule, I think the boys just need more hockey to get up to speed. To be honest, I wasn't sure how we even won the first 5 games as a team, looked rusty to me, but they found a way to win; and that's what makes a great team.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#28 Johnny Law

Johnny Law

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

Patience, the ZDC line isn't clicking right now.

The idea is right and they are getting some good looks just no finish.

#29 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Really?

ALL STATS AFTER 7 GAMES:

03/04 - 6pts
05/06 - 9pts
07/08 - 13pts
08/09 - 8pts
09/10 - 7pts
10/11 - 10pts
11/12 - 2pts

Interesting stats. It's been just six games though, not seven.

He hasn't been as dominating as he used to be since 2008, but he'll probably still finish near a point-per-game this season.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#30 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Slow start for sure. With Z I always worry he's got chronic injuries bothering him. His back, his wrist. But assuming he's healthy then I'm sure he'll be fine.

#31 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

Put Bertuzzi on the top line and take Cleary (and his balance issues) off it.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 24 October 2011 - 12:38 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#32 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Put Bertuzzi on the top line and take Cleary (and his balance issues) off it.

I certainly think we need to remove Cleary from the line for the time being but I love the line of Mule Flip Bert as the 2nd line. Im sticking to my guns and think Hudler would be perfect with Z&D on the 1st line. Three great passers, shooters and some of the most creative visions in the game.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#33 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hes been taking shots thats for sure. He is currently 4th in the league in shots with 29 in 6 games, and the people ahead of him have games in hand. So I'm sure that if he just keeps shooting a few will go in and he'll go on a streak.

#34 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

Z will score 12 points over the next 10 games, and everyone will feel much better. Just give it time.

#35 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Every year we have threads like this wondering what's wrong with Zetterberg, and by the end of the season we have threads about how awesome Zetterberg is.

Actually it's Pav who is the 'notoriously' slow starter. It's ok, they are twins after all, hehe.

I'm almost positive that I've heard Babs say that the past two years at least. I don't know the numbers exactly but I'm guessing Babs might mean it in more of a qualitative sense.

#36 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

On a Zetterberg side note,

Who's gonna be the first chick to get one of these tank tops and put a red wings logo on the front and Zetterberg & 40 on the back?

That would be fresh!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35b60b1d18

Attached Files

#37 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

So that shirt is pre-owned by someone eh? Was it Emma or...? Maybe I should look into buying that. Better than one of her sock--I mean... What?

#38 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

So that shirt is pre-owned by someone eh? Was it Emma or...? Maybe I should look into buying that. Better than one of her sock--I mean... What?

Ha ha ha ha ha.

I think you may have missed my point!

#39 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

Threads like this about Zetterberg pop up every October/November dating back since his big contract. By December/January we'll see threads pop up title: "ZETTERBERG IS A BEAST!!!", and "ZETTERBERG IS SUPER HUMAN!!!".

Everything is on schedule for Zetterberg.

Edited by Heaten, 24 October 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#40 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Threads like this about Zetterberg pop up every October/November dating back since his big contract. By December/January we'll see threads pop up title: "ZETTERBERG IS A BEAST!!!", and "ZETTERBERG IS SUPER HUMAN!!!".

Everything is on schedule for Zetterberg.

"Zetterberg is a Beast" is my favorite one, but it was Datsyuk that was "Superhuman"...Who will be what this year remains to be seen.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.