• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#41 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

"Zetterberg is a Beast" is my favorite one, but it was Datsyuk that was "Superhuman"...Who will be what this year remains to be seen.

I don't remember any of those. I do remember that one thread after he won the Conn Smythe though. Something like, "Man love for Z cuz he iz da man!!!... But no *** s***."

Seriously, it was something like that immediately after the 2008 cup win.

#42 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

I don't remember any of those. I do remember that one thread after he won the Conn Smythe though. Something like, "Man love for Z cuz he iz da man!!!... But no *** s***."

Seriously, it was something like that immediately after the 2008 cup win.

Nice! Zetterberg won the Conn Smythe for us. He WAS the man that year. That's for sure.

#43 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:15 AM

Helm should take over Z's spot until he gets his act together. Z has been invisible out there. PATHETIC.

#44 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Helm should take over Z's spot until he gets his act together. Z has been invisible out there. PATHETIC.

You forgot to indicate you were being sarcastic. You were being, sarcastic...right?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#45 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

The idea of replacing Cleary with Hudler sounds interesting...either that or give Brunnstrom a shot at some playtime with Dats and Z. Really shake things up to get that line going. In no way, shape, or form do you split a line that's playing as good as Mule, Tuzzi and Flip.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#46 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

The idea of replacing Cleary with Hudler sounds interesting...either that or give Brunnstrom a shot at some playtime with Dats and Z. Really shake things up to get that line going. In no way, shape, or form do you split a line that's playing as good as Mule, Tuzzi and Flip.

But the line's Mule, Huds and Flip.

I know it's surprising, but Hudler's doing a good job on that line.

#47 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Helm on the first line? Surely that will fix the two goals in two games issue.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#48 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

i guess this should have gone here

i think we've all accepted the fact that zetterberg will never be the same player he was in 07-08.

he has cement in his skates. his back is toast. his forehand shot is gone.

...but did anyone expect it to be this bad? he's been absolutely terrible.

i wonder how that contract will look in 1-2 more years.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#49 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

I've been thinking about this question for the past few days and have come to no conclusion or any sort of opinion, so I thought I'd throw this question out:

Would now be an optimal time to trade Z?

*Not sure if he has a NTC, but in reality, that obstacle has been overcome by teams wanting/needing a player out. Taking that element out of the equation, and just addressing the basic question above.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#50 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

I've been thinking about this question for the past few days and have come to no conclusion or any sort of opinion, so I thought I'd throw this question out:

*Not sure if he has a NTC, but in reality, that obstacle has been overcome by teams wanting/needing a player out. Taking that element out of the equation, and just addressing the basic question above.

Lol? :blink:

#51 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

Zetterberg/Kindl +1st for Bogosian!!!!! Call up Nyquist!!

DO IT NOW!

DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE TEN GAME MARK OR UNTIL HE'S HEALTHY!!
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#52 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

Now's the time to trade Lids and Dats, Kenny, they're both getting older! Quick! Before I have to pop another Xanax or Ritalin!

Edited by Shoreline, 26 October 2011 - 03:45 PM.

#53 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

I'll actually take the time to respond appropriately instead of belittling.

IMHO Hank's value is about as good as it'll get, and truth be told his value (unlike Dats) has started to slip these past few seasons.

That said Hank is still a legit #1 centerman on just about every team in the NHL, is capable of 75 plus points, and could command a big name player in return (for example Shea Weber).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#54 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Helm on the first line? Surely that will fix the two goals in two games issue.

I don't care. Z should have to work his way back up the ladder. He's lazy and he sucks (srs). Other than the playoffs, there is nothing special about this guy, other than his wife's beautiful breasts.

Posted Image

#55 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

I don't care. Z should have to work his way back up the ladder. He's lazy and he sucks (srs). Other than the playoffs, there is nothing special about this guy, other than his wife's beautiful breasts.

Posted Image

Helm doesn't have the offense to play on the top line. He creates plays with speed and tenacity, not pure skill.

Z is still better than 90% of the league. If that's nothing special, I don't want to know what you think of the rest of the roster.

#56 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

Now's the time to trade Lids and Dats, Kenny, they're both getting older! Quick! Before I have to pop another Xanax or Ritalin!

:siren: :siren: FIRE SALE!! FIRE SALE!! :siren: :siren:

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#57 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

Yes, nothing special about a guy that finished top ten in the entire league in scoring last regular season.

Good move throwing Emma in to distract from that completely absurd statement.

Edited by GoWings1905, 26 October 2011 - 08:24 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#58 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

Yes, nothing special about a guy that finished top ten in the entire league in scoring last regular season.

Good move throwing Emma in to distract from that completely absurd statement.

Someone said something?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#59 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

Posted Image

Well, at least we know where some of his money went! :lol:

I don't read Swedish too good, but did she write got nut in puss? :hysterical:

Edited by LeftWinger, 26 October 2011 - 09:25 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#60 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

Well, at least we know where some of his money went! :lol:

I don't read Swedish too good, but did she write got nut in puss? :hysterical:

Nope. "Happy New Year" and "Kiss".

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor