• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bigbear150otd

I went to school with Abdelkader. Nice guy.

Rate this topic

Firstly, welcome to the board, bigbear!

Secondly, though... you might want to reconsider the framing of your topic. Why is he a nice guy? Share a story or two, perhaps. I'm very glad you know and think highly of a player I respect from afar, but some more context for conversation would likely be smiled upon by the population here at large.

Just tryin' to help :)

I went to school with Jason Kidd and Tony Gonzalez. Jason Kidd was an ass and Tony Gonzalez was a cool guy.

Lots of people went to school with Abdelkader at Michigan State, and lots of people went to school with the guys I mentioned above at Cal.

As Uncle Danny state, it would be nice to know why you think he's a nice guy (ie., is there a story?).

No big story or anything, and I wasn't real good friends with him but we did talk from time to time. I went to high school with him in Norton Shores. It's just that most of the other players on the high school team were cocky and rude while he was a genuinely nice kid. So he always kind of stuck out to me and I'm glad that people like him are representing our team. Plus I was just trying to familiarize myself with this forum being that it's my first time posting on this or any other site. And thanks uncle danny for the warm welcome!

Guest blueadams

i saw babcock at the lions game today. i complimented him on the new 5 on 3 power play. he completely blew me off.

to his credit, i waas incredibly drunk.

Edited by blueadams

i saw babcock at the lions game today. i complimented him on the new 5 on 3 power play. he completely blew me off.

to his credit, i waas incredibly drunk.

So you don't think it had anything to do with you trying to show him new line combos the 5 other days before? ...=)...i had to Blue...all in good fun. DON'T CHANGE..YOU BE YOU.=)

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

So you don't think it had anything to do with you trying to show him new line combos the 5 other days before? ...=)...i had to Blue...all in good fun. DON'T CHANGE..YOU BE YOU.=)

Ha ha ha ha

Blueadams: "Mike, Mike, Mike! I liked your new line power play combos 5 on 3 set-up the other day night. They were bitchin, man."

Mike: "Thanks! You can thank the new assistant coaches for ..."

Blueadams: "Can you put Franzen with Z and D, and move Hudler down with Helm, and move Filppula and Hudler down with Franzen, and ...."

Mike (turns, walks away, and muttles under his breath): "Jesus."

Blueadams later: "..... He completely blew me off."

I didn't really know either of them personally but went to the rival high school of Justin Williams in Cobourg, Ontario (home also of retired Steve Smith) and Shane O'Brien is our boy from PH (port hope,ont). Again I don't know them personally but mingled with them at different points of life, more before really even knowing who they where.

...And on a side note my wife's grandfather "Darce" Campbell has a contract from the Wings from the early 40's and went to camp but his wife asked him to come home for the family as hockey players didnt get paid a lot in these days and he was a banker by trade so he opted out and did that intsead. By the way he tells stories he played with the big boys and loved it but Im not sure how long he was there and what not. Ill find out and update as soon as I find out the nitty gritty.

Welcome to the board Big Bear!

I too have some dork stories about growing up in Muskegon. I unfortunately went to Fruitport instead of Mona Shores so my school didn't have s*** in terms of hockey.

I remember being at a drop in hockey my freshman year, same graduating year as Abdelkader and him being on the ice. I never talked to him though I remember him showing up everyone on the ice and me and the rest of our friends leaving early because the skill level was completely unfair. My friend Chris however can say he stopped him on a breakaway that day. HAHA. This was shortly before he won state with Mona Shores and left to play for Cedar Rapids in the USHL.

While filming a pre-season game for the Muskegon Lumberjacks at the Joe I did get to creeper status stand right next to him while I was working a camera and our broadcaster talked to him. I almost said something but then stifled myself because it probably would have ended something like this:

Yo man, im from Muskegon too... Ok, bye.

damn I am so awkward.

I do fully rep the fact that he is a Red Wing from our small hometown. HELL YEAH BOYS!

I often find myself completely jealous that someone from my same town, same age, same opportunities is making fat bank travelling the world playing hockey, while I am a fat slob living on a bridge card to feed myself. haha.