• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

Unfortunately, you better follow the advice of the people who are telling you "you won't make many friends around here". Because that translates directly into = you're going to get banned. Their is a strict law around these parts as to which players you can openly trash as much as you want to and which ones you can't. Learn it well, or be dismissed.

Lidstrom = God. Don't even comment on not liking the color of his skate laces.
Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Kronwall = Untouchables. Anything more than a "what's up with?" and you're gone for 7 days.
Helm/Stuart/Cleary/White/Franzen/Howard/Kindl = DGR's. As in you better have a Damn Good Reason to say something. Otherwise, you're gonna take a lot of heat. And probably will even if what you said was true.
Mursak/Tatar/Nyquist/Bertuzzi/Filppula/Abdelkader/Holmstrom/Eaves/Miller/Emmerton/Conklin = Fair game for bashing, but you will offend one poster who happens to like one of these guys as their favorite for some reason.
Hudler/Ericsson = Open Season. As far as LGW goes, there can't be enough Hudler or Ericsson Bashing. Let 'er rip.

You sound wounded. I gather you were oft-criticized on your old account.

#42 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

Unfortunately, you better follow the advice of the people who are telling you "you won't make many friends around here". Because that translates directly into = you're going to get banned. Their is a strict law around these parts as to which players you can openly trash as much as you want to and which ones you can't. Learn it well, or be dismissed.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Kronwall = Untouchables. Anything more than a "what's up with?" and you're gone for 7 days.
Helm/Stuart/Cleary/White/Franzen/Howard/Kindl = DGR's. As in you better have a Damn Good Reason to say something. Otherwise, you're gonna take a lot of heat. And probably will even if what you said was true.
Mursak/Tatar/Nyquist/Bertuzzi/Filppula/Abdelkader/Holmstrom/Eaves/Miller/Emmerton/Conklin = Fair game for bashing, but you will offend one poster who happens to like one of these guys as their favorite for some reason.
Hudler/Ericsson = Open Season. As far as LGW goes, there can't be enough Hudler or Ericsson Bashing. Let 'er rip.

This is the point sailing over your head--> *

This is your head ----------------------------> O

It has nothing to do with who is untouchable and who is not. It has to do with constructive criticism that isn't insulting. Lidstrom can be criticized as much as Conklin, but that doesn't mean because one is our captain and the other is our back-up goaltender, one is afforded more respect than the other. They both play for our team, they're both important cogs to our team's success, and that's that. If you can't criticize either one without giving them sophomoric nicknames, then let someone else make your point better and just +1 them.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#43 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Congrats to Jim and Rachel, and here's hoping we may have a future goalie there!
Posted Image

#44 FGisGood

FGisGood

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Congrats to Howard and his wife.

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

Here's Mindfly's opinion on the subject (from HFBoards):

You can probably guess the response he got.

God, I miss that man.

Tell him I said that.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#46 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

Congrats to the Howard family!! Aww, I hope his son and Ozzie's can be little buddies. ^_^ Gonna ignore whatever's going on above me and just hope Conklin can have a good bounce back day.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#47 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

This is the point sailing over your head--> *

This is your head ----------------------------> O

It has nothing to do with who is untouchable and who is not. It has to do with constructive criticism that isn't insulting. Lidstrom can be criticized as much as Conklin, but that doesn't mean because one is our captain and the other is our back-up goaltender, one is afforded more respect than the other. They both play for our team, they're both important cogs to our team's success, and that's that. If you can't criticize either one without giving them sophomoric nicknames, then let someone else make your point better and just +1 them.

No, I get that point.

But come on. What's the difference between calling Ty Conklin "Craplin" and saying Jiri Hudler is lazy and sucks? It's the same outcome, but for some reason, the powers that be don't want any nicknaming done while bashing. I think that is pretty crazy.

P.S. That made me laugh, Electrophile.

You sound wounded. I gather you were oft-criticized on your old account.

Crysmon, I've got your number. Fish in a barrel.

#48 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

No, I get that point.

But come on. What's the difference between calling Ty Conklin "Craplin" and saying Jiri Hudler is lazy and sucks? It's the same outcome, but for some reason, the powers that be don't want any nicknaming done while bashing. I think that is pretty crazy.

Do I need to explain it a second time?

Posted Image

#49 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

No, I get that point.

How can your account only be 3 weeks old yet you're -44 rep?

P.S. Who is this? Sounds like Stinky Fish Taco...

#50 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

How can your account only be 3 weeks old yet you're -44 rep?

P.S. Who is this? Sounds like Stinky Fish Taco...

I didn't even know you could get +/- on here! I guess I'm not winning the popularity contest. Oh well.

Conklin:

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl-keymatch

I don't think Conklin's bad enough to be called "Craplin", but he did not look good in Washington the other night. That's for sure.

#51 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

I don't understand the meaning of this comment.

#52 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

I don't understand the meaning of this comment.

Jimmy Howard should be allowed to miss a game or two for the birth of his child and WITH pay. Conklin will do fine in tomorrow's game. That's my stance.

#53 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

Mad congrats to Jimmy and his family. There is quite literally nothing quite like the first days after your firstborn. Absolutely an amazing experience. On a semi related note, I just had my first around eight weeks ago, and her first Red Wings game (of many to come, I hope) was Conklin's shutout.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#54 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Atta boy Jimmy! Way to go five hole and make a healthy future goalie for the 2029 Entry Draft. See you between the pipes soon.

#55 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

Maybe it's a chick thing, but I'm glad Jimmy is getting time off for the baby. Those goalie reflexes will come in handy once JRHIV has stuff flying out of him at newborn baby speed.

Did anyone else picture him in goalie attire when they read that he was present for the birth of his son? Like making a glove save on the delivery? Or am I just weird?

Anyway, we'll be fine with Ty tonight. Jimmy can enjoy that precious time and then come back smiling.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#56 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:37 AM

Great another loss. I have zero confidence in Craplin and McGarbage.

I heard they don't think much of you, either.

#57 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Please!

Everyone's allowed to have their own opinion here at LGW. It's the one's that bait, can't post with maturity or are assholes to other members that are given the boot. All in All, anyone that breaks the forum rules.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#58 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Jimy got tired of standing between the pipes and decided to lay some pipe of his own.. not bad jimmy

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#59 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Congrats to him!
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#60 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

Did anyone else picture him in goalie attire when they read that he was present for the birth of his son? Like making a glove save on the delivery? Or am I just weird?

Well, I hadn't pictured it that way, but now that you bring it up... Posted Image

I'm sure J-4 is just as glad it was a glove save and not a blocker save!

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband