• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Jimmy Howard will miss Tuesday's Game

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Crysmon, I've got your number. Fish in a barrel.

I don't understand the meaning of this comment.

Mad congrats to Jimmy and his family. There is quite literally nothing quite like the first days after your firstborn. Absolutely an amazing experience. On a semi related note, I just had my first around eight weeks ago, and her first Red Wings game (of many to come, I hope) was Conklin's shutout.

Maybe it's a chick thing, but I'm glad Jimmy is getting time off for the baby. Those goalie reflexes will come in handy once JRHIV has stuff flying out of him at newborn baby speed.

Did anyone else picture him in goalie attire when they read that he was present for the birth of his son? Like making a glove save on the delivery? Or am I just weird?

Anyway, we'll be fine with Ty tonight. Jimmy can enjoy that precious time and then come back smiling.

Unfortunately, you better follow the advice of the people who are telling you "you won't make many friends around here". Because that translates directly into = you're going to get banned. Their is a strict law around these parts as to which players you can openly trash as much as you want to and which ones you can't. Learn it well, or be dismissed.

Lidstrom = God. Don't even comment on not liking the color of his skate laces.

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Kronwall = Untouchables. Anything more than a "what's up with?" and you're gone for 7 days.

Helm/Stuart/Cleary/White/Franzen/Howard/Kindl = DGR's. As in you better have a Damn Good Reason to say something. Otherwise, you're gonna take a lot of heat. And probably will even if what you said was true.

Mursak/Tatar/Nyquist/Bertuzzi/Filppula/Abdelkader/Holmstrom/Eaves/Miller/Emmerton/Conklin = Fair game for bashing, but you will offend one poster who happens to like one of these guys as their favorite for some reason.

Hudler/Ericsson = Open Season. As far as LGW goes, there can't be enough Hudler or Ericsson Bashing. Let 'er rip.

Please!

Everyone's allowed to have their own opinion here at LGW. It's the one's that bait, can't post with maturity or are assholes to other members that are given the boot. All in All, anyone that breaks the forum rules.

Did anyone else picture him in goalie attire when they read that he was present for the birth of his son? Like making a glove save on the delivery? Or am I just weird?

Well, I hadn't pictured it that way, but now that you bring it up... laugh.gif

I'm sure J-4 is just as glad it was a glove save and not a blocker save!

Well, I hadn't pictured it that way, but now that you bring it up... laugh.gif

I'm sure J-4 is just as glad it was a glove save and not a blocker save!

Or a kick save!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

congrats jimmy on the newborn.

hope that Washington game was a wake up call for the wings AND for ty conklin.

I find it amazing those people that are complaining about Jimmy taking one game off. Hockey is his job and just like any of us, the men would expect to take time off of their job to be with their new baby AND they probably get paid as well. Family should always come first even if you are an NHL player.

I heard they don't think much of you, either.

Lol thats a pretty dumb comment. I am sure they could care less what some random fan thinks.. I sure would not. Hell I don't care what you think of me either. Either way as I said if he plays well I will eat crow as I am man enough to admit I was wrong but Saturday left a bad taste in my mouth.

Lol thats a pretty dumb comment. I am sure they could care less what some random fan thinks.. I sure would not. Hell I don't care what you think of me either. Either way as I said if he plays well I will eat crow as I am man enough to admit I was wrong but Saturday left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's going to have to be one hell of a third period. I'll tell you that.

If you don't care what others on this forum think, then why are making this effort?

Please go read my comment again thanks. I said you not this forum. Don't hate because I am right.

Edited by korrowan

It must suck to be happy the team lost so you can say "I told you so" about one player. Geez Louise. Imagine if we'd won and Conks made 65 saves - we'd never hear from this guy again.

Lol I am not happy at all. I am pissed the guy was playing and I am pissed we lost. I don't what you people's issues are but I said he was bad and he was bad. As I said I would eat crow if I am wrong but he looks lost out there and its screwing the team. Its really too bad they did not land Vokoun as a starter and this issue would not even exist.

Nah. Then it'd be "Howard doesn't care enough to be the #1 goalie."

Um I like Howard..he has his flaws but so does everyone. I am not mad at him for taking a day off to spend time with his family as I am not MindFly. Why are you all hating so bad. Way to be assholes... maybe everyone on HF is right... this board is full of blind homers and if you say something against crappy players you get pushed out.

Edited by korrowan