• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

Well, I hadn't pictured it that way, but now that you bring it up... Posted Image

I'm sure J-4 is just as glad it was a glove save and not a blocker save!

Or a kick save!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#62 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

P.S. Who is this? Sounds like Stinky Fish Taco...

not a chance.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#63 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

congrats jimmy on the newborn.

hope that Washington game was a wake up call for the wings AND for ty conklin.

#64 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,082 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

I'm really worried that Howard was more busy procreating than he was working on his glove hand.

:ph34r:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#65 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

I find it amazing those people that are complaining about Jimmy taking one game off. Hockey is his job and just like any of us, the men would expect to take time off of their job to be with their new baby AND they probably get paid as well. Family should always come first even if you are an NHL player.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#66 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Did someone already make a joke about Howard's wife and her five hole being as open as her husbands?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#67 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Did someone already make a joke about Howard's wife and her five hole being as open as her husbands?

Why, no. No one has been that uncouth. Until now. :P

#68 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

I heard they don't think much of you, either.

Lol thats a pretty dumb comment. I am sure they could care less what some random fan thinks.. I sure would not. Hell I don't care what you think of me either. Either way as I said if he plays well I will eat crow as I am man enough to admit I was wrong but Saturday left a bad taste in my mouth.

#69 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

Lol thats a pretty dumb comment. I am sure they could care less what some random fan thinks.. I sure would not. Hell I don't care what you think of me either. Either way as I said if he plays well I will eat crow as I am man enough to admit I was wrong but Saturday left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's going to have to be one hell of a third period. I'll tell you that.

#70 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

It's going to have to be one hell of a third period. I'll tell you that.

Lol indeed. No crow eating for me.

#71 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Lol indeed. No crow eating for me.

If you don't care what others on this forum think, then why are making this effort?

#72 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

If you don't care what others on this forum think, then why are making this effort?

Please go read my comment again thanks. I said you not this forum. Don't hate because I am right.

Edited by korrowan, 26 October 2011 - 08:16 AM.

#73 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

It must suck to be happy the team lost so you can say "I told you so" about one player. Geez Louise. Imagine if we'd won and Conks made 65 saves - we'd never hear from this guy again.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#74 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,371 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:24 AM

Nah. Then it'd be "Howard doesn't care enough to be the #1 goalie."

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#75 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

It must suck to be happy the team lost so you can say "I told you so" about one player. Geez Louise. Imagine if we'd won and Conks made 65 saves - we'd never hear from this guy again.

Lol I am not happy at all. I am pissed the guy was playing and I am pissed we lost. I don't what you people's issues are but I said he was bad and he was bad. As I said I would eat crow if I am wrong but he looks lost out there and its screwing the team. Its really too bad they did not land Vokoun as a starter and this issue would not even exist.

Nah. Then it'd be "Howard doesn't care enough to be the #1 goalie."

Um I like Howard..he has his flaws but so does everyone. I am not mad at him for taking a day off to spend time with his family as I am not MindFly. Why are you all hating so bad. Way to be assholes... maybe everyone on HF is right... this board is full of blind homers and if you say something against crappy players you get pushed out.

Edited by korrowan, 26 October 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#76 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Who cares what people on another forum say about this place? I sure as hell don't. I'm glad you do, though.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#77 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

Lol I am not happy at all. I am pissed the guy was playing and I am pissed we lost. I don't what you people's issues are but I said he was bad and he was bad. As I said I would eat crow if I am wrong but he looks lost out there and its screwing the team. Its really too bad they did not land Vokoun as a starter and this issue would not even exist.

Um I like Howard..he has his flaws but so does everyone. I am not mad at him for taking a day off to spend time with his family as I am not MindFly. Why are you all hating so bad. Way to be assholes... maybe everyone on HF is right... this board is full of blind homers and if you say something against crappy players you get pushed out.

Again- Who would you rather see backing up Howard? Backup goalies are just that, backups. Yeah, he gave up bad goals in the last couple games, but is it his fault that the team around him was only able to score two total goals in these two games?

The pitchforks that come out after EVERY loss has officially gotten tired. Last I checked, they dress a whole team for every game. This is the salary cap era, when are people going to learn that they can't put 3 lines full of HOFers on the ice? If you don't like it, then don't watch the games or follow the NBA instead...

#78 bigbear150otd

bigbear150otd

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

He had his baby last Sunday. He should of been there last night.

#79 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

2 days later????
In the real world I get 2 weeks to spend with my baby, I am actually taking almost a full month with PTO and I work from home. If my boss said I need you back to work in two days I would have to really consider telling him to shove it. Luckily I work for a really good company.

Just because these guys play a sport does't make them something other than Human. He is a first time father (a stress you could never understand unless you have been there and I am still experiencing pre-birth stress), give the man a chance to appreciate the moment and get to know his baby before he is off on the road for weeks at a time.

Speaking of family, does the FMLA have bearing in the NHL? So if Howard wanted the two weeks Paternity leave FMLA affords, could he take it?

Sidenote and has no bearing on the topic!

It used to be you avoided this board in the off-season to miss the BS, then it was off season and trade deadline, then off season, trade deadline, and after a loss.

Now it looks if you want to read intelligent posts (which used to be 90% of the posts on here) you need to pilfer through, I need a filter for LGW like I have for my inbox, crap, and then stuff I want to read and actually debate, if I were to disagree.

For the love of me I can not figure out why anyone would say he should have been in net over spending time with his Newborn.

This happens almost every year, and the Wings consistently give their players time to be with their families, and members of this board continue to act like they would be there for the birth in skates, and then bolt to practice the minute the baby comes out! Hell why not just tell him to skype to the hospital and he can watch it via webcam and not miss a practice or morning skate. They could put it on the jumbo tron if it happens during a game!

Edited by Opie, 26 October 2011 - 11:21 AM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#80 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

Howard's kid should've started in his place.