• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Jimmy Howard will miss Tuesday's Game

Rate this topic

Lol I am not happy at all. I am pissed the guy was playing and I am pissed we lost. I don't what you people's issues are but I said he was bad and he was bad. As I said I would eat crow if I am wrong but he looks lost out there and its screwing the team. Its really too bad they did not land Vokoun as a starter and this issue would not even exist.

Um I like Howard..he has his flaws but so does everyone. I am not mad at him for taking a day off to spend time with his family as I am not MindFly. Why are you all hating so bad. Way to be assholes... maybe everyone on HF is right... this board is full of blind homers and if you say something against crappy players you get pushed out.

Again- Who would you rather see backing up Howard? Backup goalies are just that, backups. Yeah, he gave up bad goals in the last couple games, but is it his fault that the team around him was only able to score two total goals in these two games?

The pitchforks that come out after EVERY loss has officially gotten tired. Last I checked, they dress a whole team for every game. This is the salary cap era, when are people going to learn that they can't put 3 lines full of HOFers on the ice? If you don't like it, then don't watch the games or follow the NBA instead...

2 days later????

In the real world I get 2 weeks to spend with my baby, I am actually taking almost a full month with PTO and I work from home. If my boss said I need you back to work in two days I would have to really consider telling him to shove it. Luckily I work for a really good company.

Just because these guys play a sport does't make them something other than Human. He is a first time father (a stress you could never understand unless you have been there and I am still experiencing pre-birth stress), give the man a chance to appreciate the moment and get to know his baby before he is off on the road for weeks at a time.

Speaking of family, does the FMLA have bearing in the NHL? So if Howard wanted the two weeks Paternity leave FMLA affords, could he take it?

Sidenote and has no bearing on the topic!

It used to be you avoided this board in the off-season to miss the BS, then it was off season and trade deadline, then off season, trade deadline, and after a loss.

Now it looks if you want to read intelligent posts (which used to be 90% of the posts on here) you need to pilfer through, I need a filter for LGW like I have for my inbox, crap, and then stuff I want to read and actually debate, if I were to disagree.

For the love of me I can not figure out why anyone would say he should have been in net over spending time with his Newborn.

This happens almost every year, and the Wings consistently give their players time to be with their families, and members of this board continue to act like they would be there for the birth in skates, and then bolt to practice the minute the baby comes out! Hell why not just tell him to skype to the hospital and he can watch it via webcam and not miss a practice or morning skate. They could put it on the jumbo tron if it happens during a game!

Edited by Opie

He had his baby last Sunday. He should of been there last night.

Yes, how dare Jimmy Howard spend a couple days with his wife, who just pushed something the size of a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon, and thus is probably still in some discomfort, on top of getting used to having a newborn in the house.

The cad. The scoundrel. The bastard. Thank God you're here to help us see the way clearly.

Guest Crymson

He had his baby last Sunday. He should of been there last night.

Yet another person demonstrates--with hideous grammar thus time--that he doesn't acknowledge the Wings` players as human beings.

Yet another person demonstrates--with hideous grammar thus time--that he doesn't acknowledge the Wings` players as human beings.

Thus time?

You know, back in the day, they didn't even allow the father in the delivery room (fear of germs). He sat out in the waiting room until a nurse came out and informed him "boy" or "girl".

Grammas came to stay for weeks to help out with the new baby and any other kids so that the new mom could get some sleep and there would be someone around the house to cook and clean and do laundry whilst the new mom was recovering.

Fast forward to this century: Dads take care of kids of all ages, including babies, and do housework. Due to this, they have to take some time off of work to do these things.

40 or more years ago, I'd have wondered why he took time off. Today, it's just part of the expected game plan.

Yes, how dare Jimmy Howard spend a couple days with his wife, who just pushed something the size of a watermelon out of a hole the size of a lemon, and thus is probably still in some discomfort, on top of getting used to having a newborn in the house.

The cad. The scoundrel. The bastard. Thank God you're here to help us see the way clearly.

Good heaven, Beth! You can fit a LEMON in there!?!?!?!?!

j/k. Your post made me laugh and your point about Rachel needing him around to help is spot on.

Edited by 55fan

Thus time?

You know, back in the day, they didn't even allow the father in the delivery room (fear of germs). He sat out in the waiting room until a nurse came out and informed him "boy" or "girl".

Grammas came to stay for weeks to help out with the new baby and any other kids so that the new mom could get some sleep and there would be someone around the house to cook and clean and do laundry whilst the new mom was recovering.

Fast forward to this century: Dads take care of kids of all ages, including babies, and do housework. Due to this, they have to take some time off of work to do these things.

40 or more years ago, I'd have wondered why he took time off. Today, it's just part of the expected game plan.

Good heaven, Beth! You can fit a LEMON in there!?!?!?!?!

j/k. Your post made me laugh and your point about Rachel needing him around to help is spot on.

This is the truth for sure. I have 4 kids. I work from home. My wife does a lot but I do to. I help cook,clean,change diapers,give baths,help with school work,feed,play with,put to bed and so on. It can be a full time job in itself. I'm also a remote employee working from home. So I'm here all the time. It's not like it use to be when Dad went to work and mom stayed home only taking care of the house and the kids. My wife has a catering business so shes cooking all the time and dealing with that. But the thing with me is. I want to do all those things for my wife and kids. I want to experience everything. Don't want to miss a thing.

So I'm all for Howard missing some games to be with his family. Family is first.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan