• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/25 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

Detroit 14: Z, D, Homer x2, Franz x2, Hattrick for HUDLER FOR MAYOR, White, Lidstrom, Miller, Brunnstrom, and ABDELKADER

Columbus 3: Wizniewski, Nash, Vermette

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Road: 1-game losing streak

All-Time Regular-Season Streaks v. Columbus

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular Season

Overall: 5W-1L

Road: 2W-1L

Last Ten Games – Current All-Time Regular-Season v. Columbus

Overall: 8W-1L-0OTL-1SOL

Road: 6W-1l-2OTL-1SOL

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the final game of a two-game road trip.

Record v. Columbus

All-time Record v. Columbus

All-time, Overall

46W-11L-1T-2OTL-4SOL

All-time, Road

21W-6L-1RT-2OTL-2SOL

This season, Record v. Columbus

Overall

1W

This is the first regular-season home game v. Columbus this season.

Record on this Day

March 25

This is the 26thregular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 25 games:

12W-10L-3T

This is the 1st regular-season game v. Columbus on this day in Club history

LGW.

Wings 20 CBJ 0 ; keep your head up CONKS

LET'S GO WINGS

Edit: and take care of that wife and newborn, Jimmy! Belated congrats!!

Edited by Ram

Game preview (bluejackets.nhl.com)

The NHL's only winless team is trying to avoid becoming the first to drop nine straight to open a season since the Pittsburgh Penguins started 0-4-5 in 2005-06.

(...)

Detroit has outscored Columbus 61-30 while going 15-1-2 in the Central Division rivals' last 18 matchups, including a four-game playoff sweep in 2009. The Red Wings are also 5-0-2 in their last seven regular-season trips to Nationwide, outscoring the Blue Jackets 19-5.

There's every reason to believe that can continue with Detroit's power play back on track.

After going 0 for 16 through three games, the Red Wings are 5 of 12 with the man advantage in the last three games - including three goals in five attempts during the win over Columbus at Joe Louis Arena.

The Blue Jackets, meanwhile, have allowed opponents to score on five of seven power plays over the past two games. Ottawa went 2 for 2, including Michalek's goal.

Columbus should pay especially close attention to Valtteri Filppula. He had a career-high four points - including a goal - Friday, and has five goals and five assists over the last seven matchups.

Game preview (nhl.com)

A bright spot is the return of defenseman James Wisniewski for Tuesday's game. He served an eight-game suspension for a head shot he delivered to Cal Clutterbuck of the Wild during the preseason.

(...)

Filppula and Johan Franzen are the hottest Wings to start the season, with 7 points in six games. … Nash and Vinny Prospal have been the offensive catalysts for the Jackets, each posting 3 goals and 5 assists in 8 games.

(...)

The Jackets' poor start is an extension of last year's poor finish, when they went 0-4-2 in their last six and 1-7-3 in their last 11. Meanwhile, the Wings have a total of 14 losses in their last 35 regular-season games.

(...)

"It probably goes to show what a fragile hockey team we truly are. We played a great game, we took a penalty (late in the third) and it unraveled from there. Obviously the Senators got some life from it. I feel for these guys; they came in here after busting their tails in Detroit and they worked hard again tonight. They put it all out on the line, and that's where we're at right now. We make mistakes and the puck ends up in our net. We don't have to luxury of squeaking out wins." -- Jackets coach Scott Arniel, following the 4-3 loss in Ottawa

MLive: With Jimmy Howard out, Red Wings' Ty Conklin eager to bounce back against Columbus

Wisniewski hopes to spark Jackets

The Blue Jackets signed gritty, puck-moving defenseman James Wisniewski to a six-year, $33 million contract on July 1, hoping he would boost their power play, among other things.

He will make his season debut tonight, after serving an eight-game suspension for a hit on Minnesota’s Cal Clutterbuck in the preseason.

"I don’t know the kid, I just know he’s competitive against us and plays real hard," Babcock said. "He shoots the puck well and is good on offense."

Wisniewski, a Canton native and former Plymouth Whaler, was at the top of the Red Wings’ free-agent wish list. But they wouldn’t have paid him anything close to what Columbus gave him after acquiring his negotiating rights from Montreal.

"We’re not sitting back and waiting for James Wisniewski to be the sole answer," Columbus coach Scott Arniel said. "But he is an experienced guy that knows how to play, and having a banged-up defense, we could use his experience."

MLive: 'Humbled' Red Wings expect to be desperate against winless Blue Jackets

Babcock said he'll decide on his lineup Tuesday, but this is what he is leaning towards:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary (Brunnstrom working in)

Hudler-Franzen-Filppula

Bertuzzi-Helm-Abdelkader

Holmstrom-Miller-Eaves (Emmerton working in)

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl

Conklin (starting)

MacDonald

I wonder if Babcock is really planning to play Miller at center. Last season he took 17 faceoffs in 67 games and won 4 of them. Eaves took only 10 faceoffs.

Edited by P. Marlowe

can somebody explain why franzen has been playing center? is it because hes bigger/rougher? sounder defensively (i personally think flips is better on defense)?

This game will be interesting with wisniewski coming back. He loves to be the #1 D-man and plays best when hes the #1 D-man. Now that hes back in the lineup at the #1 D spot and in his first regular season game with CBJ, he'll be showing what hes made of, especially against us... for a number of reasons.

I love wizzz and ive wanted him to be a wing since 02, but i think hes in for a rude awakening with CBJ. Hopefully 5 yrs of losing with Columbus will fill his pockets and humble him. Then he can take a REAL contract with a REAL team and win a cup. Sadly, I dont think he'll ever be a wing at this point :(

Here's to big E destroying him in a fight tonight :beerbuddy:

can somebody explain why franzen has been playing center? is it because hes bigger/rougher? sounder defensively (i personally think flips is better on defense)?

I guess it was just an experiment by Babcock. Both of these players needed a kick in their butts and obviously this has worked. I just hope that Franzén will start remembering how to take faceoffs. Caps game was the first one where he was over 50%.

Guest stinky fish taco

babcock probably didn't like all the floating he was doing on the wing.

filppula will work hard in any spot.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

hey mike

dont worry aboot the GDT. your doing a fantastic job with it :)

anywho...i hope the wings bounce back after that grueling defeat on saturday night. if the BJs score more then 4 goals im gonna have For Those About To ROck in my head allllll niiiiiight loooooong.!! lol :ph34r:

so..please wings..win! win! win! win! wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! :showoff:

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Game discussion.

Please bear with me for the time being, as I'm having an issue with Photoshop. Hopefully it will be resolved by Friday's game.

I don't care what everyone else says...not acceptable Mike! :P:lol: You always do such a great job on the GDT, as long as you start it we're all happy. :)

I hope they have a good game tonight after Saturday's disaster. Might not be here until the 2nd but I'll be watching.