• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/25 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

We've been beaten by the best and worst teams.

Just as long as we keep beating the ones that are ranked in between, I think I can shake this one off.

While I don't want to make excuses for the lackluster play and goalie performance, I'm certainly not losing any sleep over these two games.

It certainly sucks to lose to a team like the Blue Jackets, but you knew they were going to get their s*** together sooner or later and pull out some wins. The same way you knew that Detroit wasn't going to go 82-0.

Uninspired play combined with a rattled back-up goaltender needs to get worked out early in the season. I expect it will be.

Now get it together and beat San Jose.

Guest stinky fish taco

i think we've all accepted the fact that zetterberg will never be the same player he was in 07-08.

he has cement in his skates. his back is toast. his forehand shot is gone.

...but did anyone expect it to be this bad? he's been absolutely terrible.

i wonder how that contract will look in 1-2 more years.

i think we've all accepted the fact that zetterberg will never be the same player he was in 07-08.

he has cement in his skates. his back is toast. his forehand shot is gone.

...but did anyone expect it to be this bad? he's been absolutely terrible.

i wonder how that contract will look in 1-2 more years.

Agreed. And he really needs to turn things around after that awful 80 point season last year. :rolleyes:

The team was awesome in 08, not just Z. Maybe he'll never hit that level again, but we're 7 games into the season. You might want to unbunch your panties and wait until he's got some more games under his belt before you worry about his career being over.

Agreed. And he really needs to turn things around after that awful 80 point season last year. :rolleyes:

The team was awesome in 08, not just Z. Maybe he'll never hit that level again, but we're 7 games into the season. You might want to unbunch your panties and wait until he's got some more games under his belt before you worry about his career being over.

sarcasm?

Why are you singling out White when most of the team played like they were quite bored?

Because he was the player I could notice very obviously that looked like he wasn't moving his feet. A couple of plays in the first it looked like he was waiting for the puck to come to him when going after it would've helped moved the puck quicker out of our zone.

Sometimes teams play bad games. You all know this by now. I don't know why some of you can't live by it. If you really need inspiration, think back to the several times that the Stanley Cup-winning '07-'08 Red Wings squad lost to the then-lowly Blackhawks.

No idea why you got negged here, but ya, looking back at that season, how many come from behind/last second victories did the Wings have as well? They played a lot of games where they shouldn't have won, but they did back then and these last two were games they shouldn't have won and didn't. I hope they get back to winning soon!

No idea why you got negged here, but ya, looking back at that season, how many come from behind/last second victories did the Wings have as well? They played a lot of games where they shouldn't have won, but they did back then and these last two were games they shouldn't have won and didn't. I hope they get back to winning soon!

The year after with Hossa was even worse, there were a ton of games where they didn't really play the first two periods and then put 4 or 5 goals up in the 3rd and left with a W and only really played 20mins.

The bottom line is its too early, its too early to really know anything about this team or what a particular player is going to be. At the end of October I think you take a pretty good look and say here's maybe were we see some problems, then after Nov. you'll really know what's going on.