• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#321 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

well 10 goals in 2 games for Conklin that's fantastic glad we have this piece of s***

2 games

2 games

2 games

Yes he's been bad and he deserves a lot of criticism for those 2 games, but he will bounce back. We know he's better than that. I'm not quite ready to write him off as a "piece of s***"

Edited by crotty99, 25 October 2011 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#322 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,646 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

These games happen.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#323 DRWfan

DRWfan

Right Wing

• 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

WE NEED A GOALIE! Yes, shi**y games always happen, but that's when you need a goalie to help you... There is no hope with the BS we have between the pipes...

Edited by DRWfan, 25 October 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#324 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

so to get yourself in a better mood after a dreadful effort by the wings, do you ever just read the posts by the members on here?

pretty funny.
naked is a state of mind

#325 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

well 10 goals in 2 games for Conklin that's fantastic glad we have this piece of s***

10 in 2...actually 10 in 3 games...these last two loses were a team effort, I didn't see all 10 goals, I am sure they weren't all bad ones...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#326 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

so to get yourself in a better mood after a dreadful effort by the wings, do you ever just read the posts by the members on here?

pretty funny.

What kind of posts? I actually don't see all that many typical LGW fan posts after a loss.

Makes me think Wings fans dedication is waning, haha.

#327 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Conklin wasn't great. But what concerns me more is that our offense just disappeared the past two games. No one can complete a pass and it seemed like there were 6 Columbus skaters out there at all times. Dirty, dirty loss.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#328 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,646 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

WE NEED A GOALIE! Yes, shi**y games always happen, but that's when you need a goalie to help you... There is no hope with the BS we have between the pipes...

You're right.

Get in there and show us what you got.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#329 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

10 in 2...actually 10 in 3 games...these last two loses were a team effort, I didn't see all 10 goals, I am sure they weren't all bad ones...

I hate to be "that guy" but honestly I'd say most of the 7 goals in the Washington game were ones Conklin should have had with routine saves. Tonight...they were of questionable quality. He looked really uncomfortable out there. He'll bounce back but we need to roll with Howard a bit to distance Conklin from these losses.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#330 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

What kind of posts? I actually don't see all that many typical LGW fan posts after a loss.

Makes me think Wings fans dedication is waning, haha.

i think they're all funny. maybe i am going crazy. i will continue to watch the wings every game but never expect much from them.

what has happened to this team?

it's honestly been years now where we see many many games like this.
naked is a state of mind

#331 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

pretty funny.

Let me try--

BAAAWWWWWWW! OUR BACKUP CAN'T GET SHUTOUTS I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WE CAN'T WIN EVERY GAME R PLAYERS R PIECES OF s*** WE NEED TO GET PARISE N WEBER N CALL UP TATAR

#332 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

The Lions started out 5-0 but are on a 2 game losing streak.......coincidence?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#333 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

not a very good game by detroit tonight
and whats worse is they got SJ on friday..
better fly back home and practice practice practice!!! :) :) :)

#334 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Conklin wasn't great. But what concerns me more is that our offense just disappeared the past two games. No one can complete a pass and it seemed like there were 6 Columbus skaters out there at all times. Dirty, dirty loss.

Agreed.

It's not just the giving up 11 goals in two games, but that they only scored two. And those were from Helm and Kronwall (on a 5 on 3).

Where's our big guns?

#335 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

We needz in4surrrrrr..........

#336 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

We lost. It sucks. There's more games to play and more games to win. We'll be fine.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#337 Steve Sample

Steve Sample

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

No production out of the top six. Babcock needs to shuffle the deck before the game not all night long because its hard to get things going on a 30 second shift. Homer needed to retire.

#338 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

Conks didnt play well no, but a piece of s***? :shocking:

....Conks has been around for a while, he'll do what he needs to do and bounce back. I felt he started to look more comfortable in the third also. Dats looks like a frustrated man out there as well, he appears to be getting pushed down and hacked at A LOT so far and his face shows it. I just hope he chanels it well, slew footing isnt cool.

EDIT: Please play Hudler with Dats and Z (or Flip or Mule anyone but Cleary to be honest) I would like to see Cleary with Abby, Bert or Helm.

Edited by 13dangledangle, 25 October 2011 - 09:05 PM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#339 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

We lost. It sucks. There's more games to play and more games to win. We'll be fine.

How does this get Negged??? lol I really don't get it...

#340 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Anyone else think White looked slow today? I only did see the first period but at times during the first it looked like he had no jump/hustle in his step.