• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

Exactly! How can anyone not find LOLCats funny?!

So lets all agree on these things:

1. Pronger is a ******.

2. No one wants him to have a life altering injury...

3. ...unless it happens in some ironic way. (knee injury tripping over a stolen puck or something like that)

4. LOLcats are funny

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#62 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

TSN.ca - Kerry Fraser explains why there was no penalty on the play

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#63 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Fixed it for you. Bertuzzi didn't end anyone's career. Even forgetting that Bertuzzi's punch didn't break Moore's neck and that it was the dog pile that did the damage, Moore was still offered NHL contracts after the fact.

Pronger is a massive ****** and karma got him good, but for the sake of his family and well-being, I hope he does make a full recovery.

I don't want to drag this into a Bertuzzi debate, but all this ground has been covered. Feel free to verify your claims though.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 25 October 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#64 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

I don't want to drag this into a Bertuzzi debate, but all this ground has been covered. Feel free to verify your claims though.

This is how I feel about this topic:

Edited by Dave, 25 October 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#65 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

TSN.ca - Kerry Fraser explains why there was no penalty on the play

Makes sense. It's an unfortunate play but you can't be handing out penalties for follow through on shots or it'd get ridiculous.

This is how I feel about this topic:

Agreed. It's why I edited my post. I didn't want to completely derail it with the one-millionth argument about the Bert Moore incident.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 25 October 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#66 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

The ONLY player in the league I would feel no sympathy for (and would probably smile if it happened) if he had a career ending injury, is Matt Cooke and I mean it... with that said, I LOATHE Pronger as well, but do not want to see him lose an eye, or his career...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#67 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

I hope that he is ok. The guy has a wife and kids who have done me no wrong, so it is my wish, for their sakes, that he recovers, returns to play, and gets to spend a lot of quality time with them, especially from mid-April until September.

#68 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

I said I don't find them particularly funny. They're hackneyed, overused memes, but that doesn't mean that much like the proverbial blind squirrel, it fails to find a nut once in a blue moon.

Sorry my taste in humor is bit above "LOLZ CHEEZBURGERZ!"

I was making fun of him and his point by implying his point was that lolcats are funny.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#69 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

Pronger is an ******* douchebag.

I hope his eye is ok. But I hope it hurts.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#70 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Ouch! I hope he is okay.

#71 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hey you guys... You should be ashamed of yourselves... It's not his fault he's 6'6... :ph34r:

#72 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Posted Image

#73 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

Why Grabovski wasn't penalized

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#74 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Omg! an eye patch will be perfect for Pronger's evilness :pirate:

Yaaaaaarrr I'm Chris Pronger the Butt Pirate,I cant get any booty so give me yar game pucks now yaaar :pirate:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#75 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Pronger is an ******* douchebag.

I hope his eye is ok. But I hope it hurts.

I lol'ed and generally agree. Well played, sir.

Glad to hear he's likely to make a full recovery. As for the talk about visors, from the clip it doesn't look like one would've saved him any of the trauma, unless I'm missing something. Not to say that I'm not in favor of players wearing protective gear, but in this case I don't think it would've helped much as the stick would've just slid underneath it. Anyway, speedy returns and full vision to you, Mr. Pronger (you slimy farking filthbag, I hate you).
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#76 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

I have nothing to verify, it's all out there.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#77 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

Posted Image

This piece of s*** deserves to be injured after trying to step on people with his skate and running people from behind into the boards. Don't forget his cheap attempt to injure Yzerman in the 2002 playoffs. He's attempted to injure many players in his career. What goes around comes around.

Posted Image

#78 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Look, Pronger is a ****** and has a penchant for dirty plays. That being said, he's not nearly as bad as Cooke, and quite honestly I can't wish ill-will against him. He seems to be a prick in his off-ice comments, too, if I recall correctly, but I hope he recovers.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#79 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Despite playing all those playoff rounds against Pronger, and seeing him drive Holmstrom's (my favorite current Wing) head into the glass in the 2007 playoffs, he's one player I don't mind. I hope Pronger's ok and he's back on the ice soon.

I know the visor debate has started again. I'm not sure if it could have been prevented if he was wearing one.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#80 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Despite playing all those playoff rounds against Pronger, and seeing him drive Holmstrom's (my favorite current Wing) head into the glass in the 2007 playoffs, he's one player I don't mind. I hope Pronger's ok and he's back on the ice soon.

I know the visor debate has started again. I'm not sure if it could have been prevented if he was wearing one.

The visors, I think, are more for the (asscheeks spread, elbow deep, reaching for a number) 90% of times the pucks and sticks and other random s*** to the face, but (in this case) not for the other 10% of the times (puck/stick deflected up and under the visor). The only true 100% method to keep crap out of the face would be the cage or to not play.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age