• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Abdelkader

Rate this topic

Abdelkader had a huge hit tonight that gave the wings some momentum early (key word early lol), then he had a very nice play to set up Helm.

Hes been consistently physical all year (another huge hit against Ottawa), tuned Lapierre in the Vancouver game, has scored a goal.

Seemed odd that he was the one moved down to the 4th line tonight, I tihnk he should've been put on Datsyuks wing, not Homer.

Anyways, Abdelkader looks much better this season and I could see him putting up around 30 points, 5 fights and being a consistent big hitter all year.

Heres hopin :clap:

Hes shown a scoring touch around the net, and is probably the second best forechecker on the team behind Helm.

Throw him on a line with Datsyuk and tell him to do what Homer does and he will put up points. It couldnt hurt after these last 2 games

I don't get it. The guy has a few good games, so now we want to completely change his role by moving him into a Homer role on the top line? Wouldn't it make more sense to tell him to keep doing what he's doing so well so far?

That's what I was thinking. The 3rd line of Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi was awesome to start off the year. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Abdelkader had a huge hit tonight that gave the wings some momentum early (key word early lol), then he had a very nice play to set up Helm.

Hes been consistently physical all year (another huge hit against Ottawa), tuned Lapierre in the Vancouver game, has scored a goal.

Seemed odd that he was the one moved down to the 4th line tonight, I tihnk he should've been put on Datsyuks wing, not Homer.

Anyways, Abdelkader looks much better this season and I could see him putting up around 30 points, 5 fights and being a consistent big hitter all year.

Heres hopin :clap:

Abby played very well last night. He was physical, and he set-up a few scoring chances (the Wings didn't have many). It seems Abby was the 'odd-man out' when the lines changed, but I don't think he should have been demoted with how he was playing.

That's what I was thinking. The 3rd line of Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi was awesome to start off the year. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

The Abby- Helm- Bert line has been great. I don't think they should have been split up last night (I do understand why they were split up) and I hope they stay together.

He's fine where he's at with his role it would make no sense moving him from the checking line. Moving him with a higher scorer isn't a great idea. I agree with everyone else though Bert-Helm-Abby have been a really solid line this year.

Last night when they broke that line up and bumped Abdelkader down to the fourth line when he was one of the few playing well.

I think that line should stay together as well, but in that game he was one of the few playing like he wanted to win and got bumped down for it. If you threw him on Datsyuk's wing during that game and told him to crash the net hard he could have been very effective.

Abdelkader was bumped down because the fourth line needed an actual center; Emmerton was scratched. You can't have three wingers on a line (Eaves/Miller/Homer) and expect it to do anything.

Yeah but Miller is/was being given the opportunity to play center and probably will center the 4th line a few more times, not that he did much last night or anyone else except Abby.

Abby has been consistent with his play like Helm whether putting up points or not. Some changes need to be made tbh but I'm not the coach. Good luck Babs we need it :thumbup: