• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

This team screams for a trade

Rate this topic

We have one of the most capable rosters in the whole league that can deliver in each and every game and all we get is clear lack of effort. I'm getting tired of all these after game quotes "We though we were prepared", "We just got beat, 7-1, so to start like that tonight, to me, is lack of preparation," "It was a disappointing effort. The coaching staff didn't do a good enough job; the players didn't do a good enough job."

We've heard such things so many times during the last two/three years. Where are the consequences? I think the real reason is that everyone on the roster feel too safe. They known that no matter how bad they play they'll never be traded. Starting from 4th line plug Miller to "superstar" Zetterberg. When intensity of the game is rather low we often win on a pure skill, when it gets higher like in the last two games we simply give up. To me this is pure lack of effort. If Bertuzzi or Zetterberg don't like to compete in games like this scratch them and call up Nyquist or Tatar.

PS For those saying that it is only two games (there are always a plenty of such guys) I recommend to watch some other teams. No team in this league gives up games so easily.

Guest Crymson

It's only two games--preceded by five games of very good hockey--and yours is a knee-jerk reaction of the worst sort. Get a grip.

On a minor note--and for your own future reference--it seems that you have a very flawed understanding of roster limits. The Wings are at the maximum roster size right now. They cannot simply make players healthy scratches and call up others to replace them. They may only exceed the roster limit via call-ups if the call-ups are replacing injured players. Please note that I find the entirety of your post ludicrous and only wrote this clarification for your own benefit.

Edited by Crymson

When you have a team as purely talented as the Wings are and can win soley by relying on talent some nights then it's a given that once in a while there's going to be a small slump where it looks like they aren't trying. But I will take a 5-2 record, if it gets to be 5-5+ then I will give the ideas in the OP some more consideration. In my opinion, I would rather get frustrated (and I'll admit, it's VERY frustrating) watching the Wings take a couple of nights off and have a 5-2 record than watch a team play hard every night and have a 1-7-1 record like Columbus does.

Edited by GSBrooks13

I too am frustrated that the Blue Jackets first win came against the Wings and that the Wings have lost two in a row but this season is still very young. A trade is definetly not needed right now. This team is still in the processing of gelling and moving players in and out of the line up due to injuries and call-ups, it's certainly not panic time. Let's just see how the season goes and further down the road if a trade is needed the Wings will do it. On a side note. I do find it semi-funny that the Wings and Lions have the same W-L Record at 5-2. Just sayin.

Guest stinky fish taco

Aaaaaand...this is why fan bases of other teams that aren't nearly as successful as Detroit ***** about Wings fans.

wings fans have higher standards, and with good reason.

we aren't the ******* blue jackets here

we expect more.

we expect more.

When pretty much every team in a professional league, good or bad, is going to have a 2-game losing streak (and definitely more than one) over an 80+ game season, the reaction is still pretty retarded sometimes. And those losses will come against good and bad teams alike.

I'd love to win everytime. It's not realistic though.

This thread makes me

picard-facepalm.jpg

Aaaaaand...this is why fan bases of other teams that aren't nearly as successful as Detroit ***** about Wings fans.

^ This. And while we may have higher standards and expect more, the bats**ttyness in reactions from people in here is beyond dumb sometimes.

Granted, I'm far from pleased with the Red Wings last two outings, but I think both opponents deserve some credit too. Washington is the best team in the league and Columbus was winless in eight games and was going to come out extremely desperate last night. You could also make the case the Red Wings backup goalie didn't really give them a strong opportunity to win either game.

The Red Wings have 10 of a possible 14 points and their best players aren't even on track yet. Now Zetterberg is the scapegoat? I guess there always has to be one.

Edited by GoWings1905

Meh I kind of agree sort of.

Ive thought the bottom lines could use some youth and energy injected for a while. The start of last nights game reminded me of the start vs Vancouver, Abdelkader went out there and tuned Lapierre and it woke the wings up.

They need a couple more energy type guys who can wake the team up in other ways besides being ok offensively for a bottom 6er. Mursak should help bring some energy

When this team gets stuck in a rut like they did last night, they hardly have anyone to pull them out of it with a big hit or a fight. They should actually ditch Miller, Brunnstrom, and possibly Emmerton (give him time to see what he can do) and get another Helm or Abdelkader type in the lineup. Those other guys are redundant, if you just take all their salary and throw it towards one guy like Helm or Abdelkader you should be able to get them.

Its games like last night, where there is potential to wake up your team if you play that style, abdelkader did it with that hit but the momentum didnt last long

If they didn't make a big trade/signing over the summer, they won't do it at 5-2 in seven games.

Friday's important though; it could be the difference between keeping up with the HAWKS SUCK pace, or falling into the middle of the conference. I know it's early but 17 of the 19 guys who played last night also played for the Wings last year; can't use the 'just getting used to each other' excuse.

This is where Jimmy comes in on his white horse and shuts the door on the Sharks and Wild and makes us forget about these two losses.

we expect more.

Come now, there's not a season goes by that every team in the league doesn't suffer losses like this one. You can expect more, but this is the reality of your present universe.

That said, although the Wings' 5-2 start is nice, it's hardly special. There are four other teams in the West that have more or less equaled that start -- the Wings have work to do.

Actually, I've been kind of regretting we didn't get Jagr or Souray, two older players who have been pretty good this season. It is early, though, so they may come down to Earth.

The Wings have been known to coast in the past couple of seasons, though. This team knows it'll be in the playoffs, so they don't always show up every night. It's frustrating sometimes to watch them play.

I'll wait a little longer before asking for a big trade, though.

According to the wings twitter, they got bagged at practice today on what should have been an off day. Hopefully this short term fix will get the boys fired up for a tough game on friday vs. the sharks.

Saying it's just two games and to not worry about it is no better than saying what the OP did.

Simple fact is the past two games they have played lethargic, undisciplined hockey. Taking seven penalties in one game is pathetic and worthy of a practice with no pucks. While I don't think it would affect the Wings but this type of play devolps bad habits. I don't know about the rest of you but the last thing I want going into Friday is a Red Wings team with bad habits.

Some quotes

Babcock had six different line combinations last night. 'That means there is a problem,' said the coach.
Babcock: I did the sleep test. I went to bed, I was bitter. I woke up this morning, I still was bitter.
Babcock on a physical practice. 'We don't do it in games, so we'll do it here.'

He went on to question their effort the past two games as well. But everyone here in their infinite wisdom, moreso than Babcock himself, say don't worry aboot it so all is well.

I'm not saying hit the panic button or do a trade in the immediate future or what have you, but to sit there and say absolutely nothing is wrong when the coach himself is claiming otherwise, is kind of silly

Edited by dallas27