• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

This team screams for a trade

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

wings fans have higher standards, and with good reason.

we aren't the ******* blue jackets here

we expect more.

I think this could be better put as "We're spoiled." That's a vast generalization of Wings fans, because, unlike you, many of us are capable of appreciating the Wings` success.

Wow shows you how much I've been paying attention, I didn't even know we lost 7-1!

Conk played the last two games right? Nuff said.

I don't usually get to worried about losing on the road. If we play .500 or a little better away from The Joe, that's good! If we start losing and playing bad at home, that's when it's time to be concerned.

Saying it's just two games and to not worry about it is no better than saying what the OP did.

Simple fact is the past two games they have played lethargic, undisciplined hockey. Taking seven penalties in one game is pathetic and worthy of a practice with no pucks. While I don't think it would affect the Wings but this type of play devolps bad habits. I don't know about the rest of you but the last thing I want going into Friday is a Red Wings team with bad habits.

Some quotes

He went on to question their effort the past two games as well. But everyone here in their infinite wisdom, moreso than Babcock himself, say don't worry aboot it so all is well.

I'm not saying hit the panic button or do a trade in the immediate future or what have you, but to sit there and say absolutely nothing is wrong when the coach himself is claiming otherwise, is kind of silly

Nobody is saying "Playing without effort is okay." People are simply saying "Whoa, don't freak out over the roster yet. It's been two games over an 82 game season. Let's see how they do for a bit before hitting the panic button."

It's sad that people can't understand the difference.

Guest Shoreline

In 2007-08 the Red Wings' first 7 games were 4-2-1 (9 pts) -- pretty sure we remember how that season ended.

So far they have 5-2-0 (10 pts) and are on pace for 117. So, following a horrendous 5-2 start, without reservation, we begin another season episode of Panic time! :yowza:

I think the biggest sting of both losses was 1. we got got blown out by the Caps. Ok it happens (I guess). 2. is we were the Jackets first win. That hurts the most. But nah we don't need a trade just maybe a wake up call to some players. Also no Howard either. But it's the NHL, any team can win on any given night. You need to bring it every night. We didn't do that the last 2 games but the previous 5 we did. No worries.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

In 2007-08 the Red Wings' first 7 games were 4-2-1 (9 pts) -- pretty sure we remember how that season ended.

So far they have 5-2-0 (10 pts) and are on pace for 117. So, following a horrendous 5-2 start, without reservation, we begin another season episode of Panic time! :yowza:

Yeah, but in 2008 we had Downey. We don't have Downey now.

I fail to see your point.

Nobody is saying "Playing without effort is okay." People are simply saying "Whoa, don't freak out over the roster yet. It's been two games over an 82 game season. Let's see how they do for a bit before hitting the panic button."

It's sad that people can't understand the difference.

Ouch. That hurt. It's sad you don't realize they are nearly one in the same.

Babcock had six different line combinations last night. 'That means there is a problem,' said the coach.

Line combinations = roster. Pretty simple concept. Again, I'm not stating there is a problem. But if Babcock is hinting at it then maybe there is some truth to it. He's obviously trying to juggle the ROSTER to find some combination to spark the team becuase we all know they aren't playing the best hockey as of late, he's said so himself. Just because "it's been the most said statement by him" doesn't make it any less true. However I'm more inclined to think it could have been the month in between games they had. But if that spark, down the road, is waiving Brunnstrom and Emmerton and putting in Murask and Tatar, both of whom have more upside than the former, then so be it. Tatar is nothing but passion and hustle. Look at his first goal, kid wants to be a Red Wing. That's not saying the rest of the players don't. I have to try and be as clear as possible here.

I remember when nobody was safe from Bowman. Even Stevie was in Bowmans dog house. It's unfortunate everyone has gone soft.

I always find it humorous when people make references to the past, especially in sports and when it's five years ago. See, the thing about the past is, well, it's the past. It has little to no relevance to the team in the PRESENT. I *think* there is a saying about not living in the past, I'm not entirely positive though. Yes, it's virtually the same team in terms of the 'core' but you're talking about a Zetterberg, Datysuk, Lidstrom, Rafalaski, etc etc five years younger. There's a little difference there.

But I forgot they won the cup that year so surely they are destined to this year! But wait, I can live in the past as well. Didn't San Jose knock us out the past two years? Not quite sure I want that to repeat itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, -4, am I not kissing the Red Wings ass enough for you guys? I remember when this forum used to be good and someone could have a strong opinion. Now that's living in the past.

Edited by dallas27

I am not saying we should make a trade due to the 5-2 start, but we do need a trade. The wings to often seem slow and do not have the intensity that is needed for playoff style hockey. I love all of our players, but I think relying on players like fil, cleary, huds, bert (ok third line this year) on our top two lines, and players like miller, and holmstrom on our checking line is not going to work out well in the long run. We need more speed and intensity, to keep up.I am not saying to ditch all of these players, but replacing two of them would be good. But again this is not me saying the sky is falling due to our start, i have thought this since the last playoff series.

wings fans have higher standards, and with good reason.

we aren't the ******* blue jackets here

we expect more.

Of course we do, but no team in the history of the NHL has ever gone 82-0 or played at the highest possible level every single game.

Do I like what I saw the other night: of course not. Does it happen to every single team multiple times a season: without question.

Put up or shut up. Simple as that.

Figured you'd have more to say than that. Oh well, silence is golden in whatever country you're in. I'm guessing Shoreline won't be saying much either since I threw his 2008 logic out of the window. On to the next one.

Figured you'd have more to say than that. Oh well, silence is golden in whatever country you're in. I'm guessing Shoreline won't be saying much either since I threw his 2008 logic out of the window. On to the next one.

What else is there to say?

I showed how nobody is condoning the Wings' play the past two games and simply saying to lay off the panic button, and you respond by saying that laying off the panic button IS condoning the Wings' play. And then when I ask you to back up that logic, you accuse me of having nothing of substance to say.

You are aware how asinine that is, right?

RedWingsPanic-1.gif

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Shoreline

That post I made was 3 and a half hours ago, quit "living in the past". :cool:

Simple fact is the past two games they have played lethargic, undisciplined hockey.

^ Here is dallas "living in the past". 2 games doesn't make a season, it wouldn't even if the season ended in 7 games -- the Wings would still make the playoffs in good fashion.

In actuality, I skipped over your post because I was not quoted and I automatically skip posts that seem tl;dr and not interesting (bold text doesn't inherently make it so). I'm not sure what you mean by "throwing" my logic out the window, but if you'd like I can further make you eat your own four words you toss around like you were trying to oust Barack Obama for needless hypocritical slogans.

Guest Crymson

It's sad that your attempt to condescend someone utilized shoddy English. It makes you look very silly.

Lol, -4, am I not kissing the Red Wings ass enough for you guys? I remember when this forum used to be good and someone could have a strong opinion. Now that's living in the past.

Are you unaware that people will disagree with you on a discussion board? You act as if it is somehow unfair. What were you expecting? Unanimous agreement?

Edited by Crymson

Line combinations = roster. Pretty simple concept. Again, I'm not stating there is a problem. But if Babcock is hinting at it then maybe there is some truth to it. He's obviously trying to juggle the ROSTER to find some combination to spark the team becuase we all know they aren't playing the best hockey as of late, he's said so himself. Just because "it's been the most said statement by him" doesn't make it any less true. However I'm more inclined to think it could have been the month in between games they had. But if that spark, down the road, is waiving Brunnstrom and Emmerton and putting in Murask and Tatar, both of whom have more upside than the former, then so be it. Tatar is nothing but passion and hustle. Look at his first goal, kid wants to be a Red Wing. That's not saying the rest of the players don't. I have to try and be as clear as possible here.

I remember when nobody was safe from Bowman. Even Stevie was in Bowmans dog house. It's unfortunate everyone has gone soft.

I always find it humorous when people make references to the past, especially in sports and when it's five years ago. See, the thing about the past is, well, it's the past. It has little to no relevance to the team in the PRESENT. I *think* there is a saying about not living in the past, I'm not entirely positive though. Yes, it's virtually the same team in terms of the 'core' but you're talking about a Zetterberg, Datysuk, Lidstrom, Rafalaski, etc etc five years younger. There's a little difference there.

But I forgot they won the cup that year so surely they are destined to this year! But wait, I can live in the past as well. Didn't San Jose knock us out the past two years? Not quite sure I want that to repeat itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha. I remember when it started. Those were good times. Freedom of Speech was Freedom of Speech back then. Now it's about popularity. They even keep a plus/minus stat on everybody so you can have a good rep or a bad rep. I'm a minus 51 right now. I feel like Ericsson! Damn. ha

I think you are over-reacting a little bit, however. The team isn't under .500 halfway through the season or anything. 5 and 2 after 7 games isn't horrible. The loss to Columbus was pretty lame, but outside of that, we've done pretty well. The Caps loss was going to happen no matter what. 2nd half of back to back on the road against the league's best team = we're going down. They should have just conceded that game when the season started and saved the trip to the east coast.

Guest Crymson

Ha ha ha ha. I remember when it started. Those were good times. Freedom of Speech was Freedom of Speech back then. Now it's about popularity. They even keep a plus/minus stat on everybody so you can have a good rep or a bad rep. I'm a minus 51 right now. I feel like Ericsson! Damn. ha

It seems you feel persecuted when others disagree with you. If this is the case, then perhaps discussion boards are not for you. Go start a dictatorship somewhere if you want a gang of yes-men.

The thing is...we played uninspired hockey in the 5 victories too, imo. We showed up for a period here and there, and won games against bad teams (except Vancouver, which was playing its 3rd road game in 4 nights). The lethargic play just didn't get exposed until we faced an opponent that has as much talent as we do, if not more.

Guest Shoreline

The thing is...we played uninspired hockey in the 5 victories too, imo. We showed up for a period here and there, and won games against bad teams (except Vancouver, which was playing its 3rd road game in 4 nights). The lethargic play just didn't get exposed until we faced an opponent that has as much talent as we do, if not more.

I don't believe "uninspired" play for a period here and there allows for 5 goals in total for the first 4 games.

The typical remnants of the type of uninspired hockey you speak of, that does in fact sometimes plague the Red Wings, is the team winning a 1 goal game when they were up far more than that, or off to a typical slow start, getting behind, and coming back to win by a goal or two, or coming one goal short. The first 5 games were decisive victories played with a stifling defence and playing for a full 60+ minute game. The last two games were very uncharacteristic of the Red Wings, but that s*** happens to teams during the regular season as they're not robots. Maybe you confused the lethargic Wings with the lethargic crowds in the lower bowl at the Joe? I'm not sure but you certainly aren't shooting anywhere near on target with your assertion of how the Wings played the first 5 games.

Guest Crymson

What a joke. A better way for you to put it would be to say that you expect domination. Complete and utter domination, such that you'll never need to fear that the other team will win.