• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

This team screams for a trade

Rate this topic

Can we all at least agree that George Parros would be a big hit here?

I'd come undone at the seams and melt into a puddle of goo, but normal people would want to know who you'd let go for him.

You know what this team really needs?

Better fans. You know, fans that won't overreact at the drop of a ******* hat. We lost three in a row. That sucks. We should be playing better. Our defense needs to be shored up, our goaltending needs to be tighter. Key players need to start producing.

None of those things will happen with a trade. All of those things will happen when players currently on the roster pull their heads out of their butts. We don't need enforcers, goons, instigators, or fighters......we don't need a new goalie, a new coach, or an entirely new top line. What we need is for people to CALM DOWN and stop acting like because we're under-performing in October, we'll be getting swept out of the playoffs come April, if we're lucky enough to even make them. There is more than enough time for the Red Wings to start playing like they did during the first five games, and less like they have during the last three. I'm confident our ship will right itself.

Better fans. You know, fans that won't overreact at the drop of a ******* hat. We lost three in a row. That sucks. We should be playing better. Our defense needs to be shored up, our goaltending needs to be tighter. Key players need to start producing.

None of those things will happen with a trade. All of those things will happen when players currently on the roster pull their heads out of their butts. We don't need enforcers, goons, instigators, or fighters......we don't need a new goalie, a new coach, or an entirely new top line. What we need is for people to CALM DOWN and stop acting like because we're under-performing in October, we'll be getting swept out of the playoffs come April, if we're lucky enough to even make them. There is more than enough time for the Red Wings to start playing like they did during the first five games, and less like they have during the last three. I'm confident our ship will right itself.

Are you and Crymson dating?

Most posters are just trying to make constructive posts about things we may or may not need for the long run. Just because a few people overreact doesn't mean everyone here sucks.

Who are these better fans you speak of? Which team's fanbase? I'd like to know.

"The Wings win five in a row? Why, we expect that of them. Why appreciate it? Now, the Wings lost three in a row? Unacceptable! Blow up the team!"

Who exactly are you quoting? No one here said that.

You're just baiting people and spamming the thread.

You may be sick of all the negativity here, but the thing is, you're the most negative person here by a country mile. Read through your posts sometime. In most of them you mock, condescend, judge, and try to shut down the ideas of anyone you don't agree with.

Sometimes it seems like watching one of your favorite teams win can lead to a few symtoms that could partially describe an addiction. "COME ON I NEED IT!!!" "THE TEAM SCREAMS FOR A TRADE!!!"

You know what this site needs? People to stop telling us how to be fans.

Perhaps you and Crymson would like to start a Red Wings pep rally site, where it's all rainbows and puppy dogs and never a discouraging word is uttered about the Red Wings. Here you are not a mod, not that criticizing the Wings is actually against forum rules anyway. Speaking for myself, I'm a die hard Red Wings fan, as in fanatic. I've been a fan since the early 80s, when this team flat out sucked. I'm far from a spoiled Wings fan. I love hockey. I love the Wings. I get ticked when they lose. I'd like to discuss it, even if it's critical of the Wings, without someone telling me I'm not a real fan or to calm down.

That's great that you're confident the ship will right itself, that doesn't mean that any dissenting opinions should be flamed by the clique here that doesn't condone any criticism of the wings.

You know what this site needs? People to stop telling us how to be fans.

Perhaps you and Crymson would like to start a Red Wings pep rally site, where it's all rainbows and puppy dogs and never a discouraging word is uttered about the Red Wings. Here you are not a mod, not that criticizing the Wings is actually against forum rules anyway. Speaking for myself, I'm a die hard Red Wings fan, as in fanatic. I've been a fan since the early 80s, when this team flat out sucked. I'm far from a spoiled Wings fan. I love hockey. I love the Wings. I get ticked when they lose. I'd like to discuss it, even if it's critical of the Wings, without someone telling me I'm not a real fan or to calm down.

That's great that you're confident the ship will right itself, that doesn't mean that any dissenting opinions should be flamed by the clique here that doesn't condone any criticism of the wings.

What's interesting, is that at no point in that post, or any post in this thread, did I say that criticism wasn't allowed.

Funny, that.

But please, continue asserting opinions I myself have not asserted.

It tickles me.

:lol:

is it the mustache?

Of course not. The fact that he's sexier than socks on a rooster pales in comparison to the fact that he hits people and makes them bleed, which is the important part.

The 'stache is just part of his charm.

He's also, from what I've read, a very intelligent and giving person. Plus we both harvest our heads for Locks of Love. :thumbup:

What's interesting, is that at no point in that post, or any post in this thread, did I say that criticism wasn't allowed.

Funny, that.

But please, continue asserting opinions I myself have not asserted.

It tickles me.

I never implied you said "criticism isn't allowed." It's the actions of you and the larger clique that try to shut down criticism by flaming anyone who makes posts that you don't like.

Honestly I don't even think you're one of the big offenders, but you did say the team needs better fans, fans that don't overreact at the drop of a ******* hat and told people to calm down, then listed all the things that wouldn't help as if they were fact. Not a huge leap to interpret that as you wishing the suggestions and criticism that's going on lately would stop.

There's getting to be more posts here lecturing people about calming down or how they need to be real fans than there is actual talk about the game lately.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Of course not. The fact that he's sexier than socks on a rooster pales in comparison to the fact that he hits people and makes them bleed, which is the important part.

He's also, from what I've read, a very intelligent and giving person. Plus we both harvest our heads for Locks of Love. :thumbup:

He did go to Princeton, from what I hear.

I get to watch a fair number of Ducks games (hey, I'm a hockey fan in So Cal, I'll take what I can get) and honestly from what I've seen he does seem like a really intelligent, nice guy. He went to college at Princeton, I think. Sounds like he figured out his way into the NHL is to drop the gloves so he's making the most of it. As much as I hate the Ducks, he's a good character guy I just can't bring myself to hate.

socks on a rooster?

Guest Crymson

I might be changing my tune on a trade if we lose tonight. lol.

You already declared that the Wings will not win the Cup this season. Why are you still here if you've already given up?

Exuse me but last time I checked we just lost 4 in a row. I'm still a Wings fan until I die. What's your thoughts Mr. nothings wrong right now? Just wondering.

Also question for ya. You think with the squad we have we can win the Cup? Cause honestly I don't. Doesn't mean I can't post my thoughts. Cheers.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

You already declared that the Wings will not win the Cup this season. Why are you still here if you've already given up?

You act like everyone here is severely overreacting and wants to tear this team apart. While a select few might make hasty and irrational comments to that effect, most of us don't.

The team hasn't played well lately. End of story. As fans, can we not criticize that?

If we have doubts that our team might not be good enough to win the Cup--are we no longer fans? If anything it's because we care and are able to see the flaws in our favorite team.

A slight overreaction on the pessimistic side is still much better than this cockeyed, self-righteous optimism of yours.

I didn't read this whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been said.

I have to agree about needing a trade. Other than Rafalski being replaced by White and some supporting cast coming and going, this team has been riding the same pony for going on three seasons. The Central division is getting better, and in watching these past couple of games, it seems like the opposition knows exactly what to expect from us. I predict the same thing will happen this season that happened in the last two: a whole bunch of injuries all year, no deals at the deadline, followed by an early playoff exit orchestrated by a team that is younger and more physical, which will be followed by excuses about players playing hurt or Howard being tired blah blah. One thing I don't like about this team is all the players that getting paid big bucks for their potential contributions rather than actual contributions. "Cough Franzen, Filppula, Hudler, Ericsson Cough". By no means am I saying we need to dismantle the whole team, I think we need to make deals like we did in 96/97 when we got Shanahan and Murphy. We were in the same boat then, we were a good team, just couldn't go all the way and the Shanahan deal is what carried us over the hump.

Edited by DSM

Guest blueadams

i can't believe the response to the original post here has been so unanimously negative. it's a little overboard, sure. but he does make some points.

i personally cannot believe how much respect babcock - the same babcock that benched mike modano in the playoffs last season - continues to give to that worthless plug bertuzzi. especially with a ready-to-go talent like nyquist in grand rapids.

certainly there are some things the team needs to address. but there's too much panic right now. far too much.

I have been thinking a lot about a trade that could provide a youthful spark for the wings, but also possess some offensive upside as well. Then it hit me. Alexander Semin. Now i know i am probably a little biased here because I am a pretty big fan of Semin... I think he is very talented, but I think the Wings could benefit greatly if we could swing some sort of trade. Semin is very much like Franzen on our team... both of them have the ability to score goals, however, they also have the annoying ability to disappear at times. So how about some sort of trade involving Franzen and Semin (obviously it wouldn't just be straight up) but I think this would be beneficial to both teams.

- The Wings would gain a younger Semin, whom I think has one of the best shots in the league. Keep in mind Semin plays only 2nd line minutes in Washington with no one really good on his line, and still puts up 30 goals a season. Get him in Detroit and stick him with Pavs, that could be a dynamic duo. Not to mention, it would give us a much needed right handed shot for the power play.

- The Caps would gain something they desperately seek... experience. Franzen knows what it is like to win, he knows what it is like to play in key situations in the playoffs and, like Semin, has the ability to score goals. Franzen, unlike Semin, scores goals in different ways, which is something the Caps could look to benefit from.

I think this would be a great move for the both teams, and it would make the Wings into a more dangerous team and provide us with a legitimate "sniper" for the first time since Hossa.