• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RusDRW

This team screams for a trade

Rate this topic

As would I. They probably still wouldn't though.

Maybe, maybe not the thing is Parise is an UFA at the end of the season and if the Devils are stinking it up....AKA they are about as good as us right now it could definitely be an option. I hate to say this but maybe throw Helm in and Franzen for Parise? Yes I just said that :P

The argument I just presented is based on his production, or lack there of. He isn't worth $3 million dollars a year. Like I said, anyone would match his numbers with the same amount of ice time on this team. He isn't a top-6 forward in this league and shouldn't be paid like one.

Dan Cleary vs. Johan Franzen, 2010-11

If Dan Cleary plays Johan Franzen's ice time, then Cleary scores 25-20-45 at ES, and 10-6-16 on the PP. So he'd have a total of 35-26-61 if he continued the same scoring rate per minute, and played the minutes Franzen did. Which is a completely reasonable suggestion given that Cleary played that amount of time per game, just a large part of it was on the PK.

Dan Cleary vs. Johan Franzen, 2010-11

If Dan Cleary plays Johan Franzen's ice time, then Cleary scores 25-20-45 at ES, and 10-6-16 on the PP. So he'd have a total of 35-26-61 if he continued the same scoring rate per minute, and played the minutes Franzen did. Which is a completely reasonable suggestion given that Cleary played that amount of time per game, just a large part of it was on the PK.

What did you think of Hudler's play tonight?

hello all. new to these forums and this one seems to be fairly hot right now so a good place to jump in. i have to admit i've been at times eager to see some things happen to shake things up in the past 5 games. however, when i look at something like shots on goal, it appears the boys are just not on target right now and things aren't bouncing their way. their defense hasn't been too bad outside of the caps and sharks game. jimmy has been fantastic.

i liked moving up nyquist for hudler tonight. even though he didn't do much, it was his first real pro game and he is going to have to adjust to the speed of the game. but we all saw him in preseason and he looks like he could be a very good addition to the roster. i'm not too fond of cleary's play right now, however i'm willing to wait a bit to see if he'll pick it up and play more like he did last year. i think what this team is missing right now is a dany heatley type player who is just a flat out scoring machine. maybe i'm wrong, but we haven't had a great scorer since Z had his conn smythe year. hopefully someone will wake up soon.

Canes looking to move a defenseman for a scoring type forward until Jokinen comes back.

Tim Gleason would be nice if he could fit in somehow, or perhaps Pitkanen

Is Gleason's contract up this summer? He's a local MI kid. Love to have him here. We've got plenty of forwards. If Carolina would like a Jiri sidekick for Tlusty... :thumbup: The only thing is, where would he fit with our defense this year?

I've never been a big fan of Franzen, especially in the regular season. He's made of glass and is extremely streaky...so I wouldn't shed a tear if he was traded. I'd also like to see Cleary go at this point if he's going to continue to play like he has been in the first 10 games.

Fun fact: Ville Leino and Dan Cleary have the same amount of points right now.

Edited by skyphoenix

Canes looking to move a defenseman for a scoring type forward until Jokinen comes back.

Tim Gleason would be nice if he could fit in somehow, or perhaps Pitkanen

Defence = not the immediate problem. And Lidstrom and Stuart are the only two regulars not signed through next season, so unless you want to start looking at 2012-13 already (which may be wiped out with a labour disagreement), I'd focus on this year.

25 GA in 10 games is OK in my books - it's the fewest in the division and seven of those were in one night. I've no problem with the way the Wings have played in their own end and Howard has looked sharp most nights.

It's clearly the goals for that is the biggest problem currently. The problem seems to be mental/coaching-related more than talent-related, although I feel there are issues with the team's offensive depth. There are 30-40-point forwards that would probably be available for little compensation (Ryder, Zubrus, Stajan, Stoll) if the Wings actually want to trade for a tire patch.

Or they could replenish the talent in the franchise by dealing some of the under-performing vets for NHL-ready prospects and/or reasonably high picks. That, I think, is Plan C.

Plan B would be to deal a clearly underperforming vet or two (Hudler, Bert) for another team's underperforming vet and see if a new face or three in the top six can work. Give it 20 games. If it doesn't work, at least they tried something.

The solution is not certain, nor is it easy. But the problem was seen over the summer by many of us. As they stand right now, I don't think the Wings can make the playoffs with this roster.

Is Gleason's contract up this summer? He's a local MI kid. Love to have him here. We've got plenty of forwards. If Carolina would like a Jiri sidekick for Tlusty... :thumbup: The only thing is, where would he fit with our defense this year?

I've been on the Gleason bandwagon for years. One of the most underrated defencemen in the NHL. He's an UFA at seasons end. Would LOVE to see him in Detroit.

"They want me to shoot the puck more," Hudler said. "I know I should, but when the play comes I still look behind me or all around to who I’m going to pass to. I don’t know what to do."

Leino was asked to play in a way for us that didn't fit his skills set... he was traded and did considerably better when he could play in a way that allowed him to be more comfortable. Reading the above comment from Hudler makes me think that trading Hudler to a team where he'd be able to play his style more in return for a player that would better fit our needs and style maybe be a good option. Hudler is sucking for us, Penner is sucking for LA.... maybe a Hudler for Penner trade might be beneficial for both teams?!

"They want me to shoot the puck more," Hudler said. "I know I should, but when the play comes I still look behind me or all around to who I'm going to pass to. I don't know what to do."

Leino was asked to play in a way for us that didn't fit his skills set... he was traded and did considerably better when he could play in a way that allowed him to be more comfortable. Reading the above comment from Hudler makes me think that trading Hudler to a team where he'd be able to play his style more in return for a player that would better fit our needs and style maybe be a good option. Hudler is sucking for us, Penner is sucking for LA.... maybe a Hudler for Penner trade might be beneficial for both teams?!

i really like Huds. But seeing as how he had two games this year where he atually shot the puck and was more aggressive and then is kinda reverting to what his issue was last year is getting me a bit concerned and more open to seeing him traded. He, along with Filppula are playmakers. All they ever want to do is pass it off, but it gets frustrating as a fan to see so many of our guys just passing all the time when we need someone who just wants to shoot all of the time, along with Franzen. You make a really good point...maybe Huds and/or Fil need to go. I'm not saying this because of a bad 5 games, but i'd see how things go and if it continues like this i'd expect to see a major trade, if its back and forth (which is probably more likely) alongside with the cap we already have i'd imagine a bigger trade could be quite plausible. But let's not freak guys...Huds has shown he has the offensive ability. So i guess we shall see which Jiri Hudler decides to play.

i really like Huds. But seeing as how he had two games this year where he atually shot the puck and was more aggressive and then is kinda reverting to what his issue was last year is getting me a bit concerned and more open to seeing him traded. He, along with Filppula are playmakers. All they ever want to do is pass it off, but it gets frustrating as a fan to see so many of our guys just passing all the time when we need someone who just wants to shoot all of the time, along with Franzen. You make a really good point...maybe Huds and/or Fil need to go. I'm not saying this because of a bad 5 games, but i'd see how things go and if it continues like this i'd expect to see a major trade, if its back and forth (which is probably more likely) alongside with the cap we already have i'd imagine a bigger trade could be quite plausible. But let's not freak guys...Huds has shown he has the offensive ability. So i guess we shall see which Jiri Hudler decides to play.

I don't like Hudler... Yes, I am still bitter about how he bolted to the KHL then came crying back. But, he can be a good little player and definitely has his skill set. Maybe the teams needs also changed while he was away and a trade would be in both parties best interest. I've been on the fence with Fil and this year is the year I have liked him the most but you are right.. we have way to many pass first players and not enough willing to lean into a hard, meaning full shot on net. I'd be more inclined to see Hudler and maybe Franzen traded. We had Hossa in our grasp and let him slip through.. that still stings to me. Hossa had a bad playoff with us in terms of points but he is a shoot first player that was awesome defensively. he should have been the priority to sign over Franzen imho.

"They want me to shoot the puck more," Hudler said. "I know I should, but when the play comes I still look behind me or all around to who I’m going to pass to. I don’t know what to do."

That's the really frustrating part with Hudler. Listen to your first sentence there Huds! It's not that complicated. Shoot the friggin puck.

I don't like Hudler... Yes, I am still bitter about how he bolted to the KHL then came crying back. But, he can be a good little player and definitely has his skill set. Maybe the teams needs also changed while he was away and a trade would be in both parties best interest. I've been on the fence with Fil and this year is the year I have liked him the most but you are right.. we have way to many pass first players and not enough willing to lean into a hard, meaning full shot on net. I'd be more inclined to see Hudler and maybe Franzen traded. We had Hossa in our grasp and let him slip through.. that still stings to me. Hossa had a bad playoff with us in terms of points but he is a shoot first player that was awesome defensively. he should have been the priority to sign over Franzen imho.

The Wings went with Franzen + depth vs having Hossa. That extra million that Hossa got wouldn't have allowed the Wings to sign Hudler, who was coming off a career year. We already lost Sammy they didn't want to lose more depth.