• Please log in to reply
333 replies to this topic

#121 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

He never said Cleary sucks. He said Cleary hasn't looked good in a while, but I guess it's easier to mock him when you put words in his mouth.

Nice try.

And all the qualities you listed about Cleary are what would make him valuable trade material. Due to his fearless style of play, he is injury prone and at 32 years old probably doesn't have a lot of years left in him. I wouldn't want to get rid of him, but it's not outrageous to at least discuss trading him.

Injury-prone, eh? To what? Things like getting his jaw shattered and his ankle broken by pucks? How about being hit in the eye? Those three injuries encompass the majority of time off for injury he's taken, and they could easily happen to any player. Don't be absurd.

Also, lol @ your "at 32 years" comment. Are you sure you're watching the Red Wings and not, say, the Oilers?

In the past people would make ridiculous trade suggestions, trying to dump the Wings garbage in return for other team's quality players. Now he gets s*** for suggesting trading someone who might actually have value to another team?

He said that Cleary should be traded because he has "not looked good for awhile," which is an absurd statement. Go back and re-read.

#122 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

Nice try.

Nice try what? He never said Cleary sucks.

Injury-prone, eh? To what? Things like getting his jaw shattered and his ankle broken by pucks? How about being hit in the eye? Those three injuries encompass the majority of time off for injury he's taken, and they could easily happen to any player. Don't be absurd.

how exactly am I being absurd? I'm not ripping on Cleary. He's just been injured a lot. Whether it's luck or how they play, some guys just have those kind of careers. And his style of play takes a lot of wear and tear on the body, especially as he gets older.

2011/02/02 Missed 14 games (broken left ankle).
2010/12/27 Broken left ankle, sidelined indefinitely.
2010/04/04 Missed 4 games (groin).
2010/03/27 Groin, day-to-day.
2010/03/24 Missed 2 games (groin).
2010/03/22 Groin, day-to-day.
2010/01/07 Missed 12 games (separated shoulder).
2009/12/10 Separated shoulder, mid-January.
2008/11/28 Missed 8 games (left eye injury).
2008/11/11 Left eye injury, day-to-day.
2008/03/25 Missed 19 games (broken jaw).
2008/03/11 Signed by the Detroit Red Wings to a five-year contract extension.
2008/02/09 Broken jaw, early April.
2007/03/22 Missed 11 games (knee injury).
2007/02/24 Knee injury, day-to-day.

Also, lol @ your "at 32 years" comment. Are you sure you're watching the Red Wings and not, say, the Oilers?

why don't you actually address what I said? I never stated the Wings get rid of old players so Cleary's time is almost up. Obviously they don't. The point was pretty clearly tied to his injury history and style of play.

Yet again, you twist it into another argument to mock and condescend.

He said that Cleary should be traded because he has "not looked good for awhile," which is an absurd statement. Go back and re-read.

I don't need to go back and re-read. I read it correctly the first time without overreacting like you did. You were going off about him saying "He sucks!!!" There's a big difference.

Funny how you didn't respond to the point that every quality you listed about Cleary actually make him good trade bait.

Do you ever actually talk about hockey instead of just mocking other people's posts?

#123 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Last time I checked Filppula was leading the team in points...

Perfect, increases his trade value.

#124 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Are we sure it's not ice cream instead of a trade?

#125 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Are we sure it's not ice cream instead of a trade?

That would mean we had Kyle Wellwood on the team.

#126 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Can we all at least agree that George Parros would be a big hit here?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#127 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Can we all at least agree that George Parros would be a big hit here?

I'd come undone at the seams and melt into a puddle of goo, but normal people would want to know who you'd let go for him.

#128 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

"The Wings win five in a row? Why, we expect that of them. Why appreciate it? Now, the Wings lost three in a row? Unacceptable! Blow up the team!"

:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing this out for the millionth time.

#129 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

I'd come undone at the seams and melt into a puddle of goo, but normal people would want to know who you'd let go for him.

Brunnstrom

:hehe:

#130 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

You know what this team really needs?

Better fans. You know, fans that won't overreact at the drop of af****** hat. We lost three in a row. That sucks. We should be playing better. Our defense needs to be shored up, our goaltending needs to be tighter. Key players need to start producing.

None of those things will happen with a trade. All of those things will happen when players currently on the roster pull their heads out of their butts. We don't need enforcers, goons, instigators, or fighters......we don't need a new goalie, a new coach, or an entirely new top line. What we need is for people to CALM DOWN and stop acting like because we're under-performing in October, we'll be getting swept out of the playoffs come April, if we're lucky enough to even make them. There is more than enough time for the Red Wings to start playing like they did during the first five games, and less like they have during the last three. I'm confident our ship will right itself.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#131 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Better fans. You know, fans that won't overreact at the drop of af****** hat. We lost three in a row. That sucks. We should be playing better. Our defense needs to be shored up, our goaltending needs to be tighter. Key players need to start producing.

None of those things will happen with a trade. All of those things will happen when players currently on the roster pull their heads out of their butts. We don't need enforcers, goons, instigators, or fighters......we don't need a new goalie, a new coach, or an entirely new top line. What we need is for people to CALM DOWN and stop acting like because we're under-performing in October, we'll be getting swept out of the playoffs come April, if we're lucky enough to even make them. There is more than enough time for the Red Wings to start playing like they did during the first five games, and less like they have during the last three. I'm confident our ship will right itself.

Are you and Crymson dating?

Most posters are just trying to make constructive posts about things we may or may not need for the long run. Just because a few people overreact doesn't mean everyone here sucks.

Who are these better fans you speak of? Which team's fanbase? I'd like to know.

#132 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

"The Wings win five in a row? Why, we expect that of them. Why appreciate it? Now, the Wings lost three in a row? Unacceptable! Blow up the team!"

Who exactly are you quoting? No one here said that.

You're just baiting people and spamming the thread.

You may be sick of all the negativity here, but the thing is, you're the most negative person here by a country mile. Read through your posts sometime. In most of them you mock, condescend, judge, and try to shut down the ideas of anyone you don't agree with.

#133 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Are you and Crymson dating?

Nah, I wouldn't date anyone I met on a message board. Too creepy.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#134 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sometimes it seems like watching one of your favorite teams win can lead to a few symtoms that could partially describe an addiction. "COME ON I NEED IT!!!" "THE TEAM SCREAMS FOR A TRADE!!!"

#135 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

You know what this site needs? People to stop telling us how to be fans.

Perhaps you and Crymson would like to start a Red Wings pep rally site, where it's all rainbows and puppy dogs and never a discouraging word is uttered about the Red Wings. Here you are not a mod, not that criticizing the Wings is actually against forum rules anyway. Speaking for myself, I'm a die hard Red Wings fan, as in fanatic. I've been a fan since the early 80s, when this team flat out sucked. I'm far from a spoiled Wings fan. I love hockey. I love the Wings. I get ticked when they lose. I'd like to discuss it, even if it's critical of the Wings, without someone telling me I'm not a real fan or to calm down.

That's great that you're confident the ship will right itself, that doesn't mean that any dissenting opinions should be flamed by the clique here that doesn't condone any criticism of the wings.

#136 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

You know what this site needs? People to stop telling us how to be fans.

Perhaps you and Crymson would like to start a Red Wings pep rally site, where it's all rainbows and puppy dogs and never a discouraging word is uttered about the Red Wings. Here you are not a mod, not that criticizing the Wings is actually against forum rules anyway. Speaking for myself, I'm a die hard Red Wings fan, as in fanatic. I've been a fan since the early 80s, when this team flat out sucked. I'm far from a spoiled Wings fan. I love hockey. I love the Wings. I get ticked when they lose. I'd like to discuss it, even if it's critical of the Wings, without someone telling me I'm not a real fan or to calm down.

That's great that you're confident the ship will right itself, that doesn't mean that any dissenting opinions should be flamed by the clique here that doesn't condone any criticism of the wings.

What's interesting, is that at no point in that post, or any post in this thread, did I say that criticism wasn't allowed.

Funny, that.

But please, continue asserting opinions I myself have not asserted.

It tickles me.

#137 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

:lol:

is it the mustache?

#138 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

:lol:

is it the mustache?

Of course not. The fact that he's sexier than socks on a rooster pales in comparison to the fact that he hits people and makes them bleed, which is the important part.

The 'stache is just part of his charm.

He's also, from what I've read, a very intelligent and giving person. Plus we both harvest our heads for Locks of Love. :thumbup:

#139 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

What's interesting, is that at no point in that post, or any post in this thread, did I say that criticism wasn't allowed.

Funny, that.

But please, continue asserting opinions I myself have not asserted.

It tickles me.

I never implied you said "criticism isn't allowed." It's the actions of you and the larger clique that try to shut down criticism by flaming anyone who makes posts that you don't like.

Honestly I don't even think you're one of the big offenders, but you did say the team needs better fans, fans that don't overreact at the drop of af****** hat and told people to calm down, then listed all the things that wouldn't help as if they were fact. Not a huge leap to interpret that as you wishing the suggestions and criticism that's going on lately would stop.

There's getting to be more posts here lecturing people about calming down or how they need to be real fans than there is actual talk about the game lately.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 29 October 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#140 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

Of course not. The fact that he's sexier than socks on a rooster pales in comparison to the fact that he hits people and makes them bleed, which is the important part.

The 'stache is just part of his charm.

He's also, from what I've read, a very intelligent and giving person. Plus we both harvest our heads for Locks of Love. :thumbup:

He did go to Princeton, from what I hear.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid