• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lfd250

NHL Press Confrence Tomorrow at 3

Rate this topic

Gary Bettman is stepping down as commissioner, and announcing that he and Sidney Crosby are getting married and moving upstate to run a small bed-and-breakfast in the Adirondacks. The league will henceforth be run by the Puck-O-Tron 3000. Think R2D2, but way smarter about hockey. Which would be a step above Bettman anyway.

Gary Bettman is stepping down as commissioner, and announcing that he and Sidney Crosby are getting married and moving upstate to run a small bed-and-breakfast in the Adirondacks. The league will henceforth be run by the Puck-O-Tron 3000. Think R2D2, but way smarter about hockey. Which would be a step above Bettman anyway.

lol, wait a minute did Mario and Sidney break up?

NHL network has on the ticker that there will be an announcement tomorrow at 3pm. Anyone hear anything???

I have seen it mentioned that Pittsburgh will be getting the next draft, so this is probably the official announcement.

I have seen it mentioned that Pittsburgh will be getting the next draft, so this is probably the official announcement.

Well of course they are. They should just host the Stanley Cup Finals every year too. And the All-Star Game. And the Winter Classic. And anything else that has anything remotely to do with the NHL.

It's probably realignment with Winnipeg moving West. At least I hope it is. Nothing else really qualifies as major news.

No, it's the draft, I wouldn't expect any news on realignment until later in December at the earliest.

the NHL would hold a press conference for that wouldnt they.

Just so people don't go nuts over that vid, know that every hockey player cusses like that and it's not really all that "classless". But coming from any other player though and it may not sound all that funny due to not as much voice cracking, haha.

Guest Shoreline

Hmm it's definitely not the announcement of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh.

It's the announcement that Crosby had a full contact annual elective colonoscopy (Dr. Bettman is his proctologist/gastroenterologist), and all was a-ok.

Edited by Shoreline

Is Pit that great a town that everyone wants to keep going back? I myself have never been so I don't get it. Maybe I should visit and then get back to you on if it is the greatest thing ever...or just an old rundown steel town.

Pittsburgh's population in 1950 was in the 600,000 range.

Nowadays, it's barely 300,000.

Pittsburgh's population in 1950 was in the 600,000 range.

Nowadays, it's barely 300,000.

Which you can blame on the end of the steel industry in this country. When the mills shut down, people left. Gary, Indiana used to be another bustling metropolis, but it befell the same fate.

Which you can blame on the end of the steel industry in this country. When the mills shut down, people left. Gary, Indiana used to be another bustling metropolis, but it befell the same fate.

Dead on. You can also throw the other "Rust Belt" cities in that group as well (Cleveland, Youngstown, and Erie).

Edited by Learn2LuvIt