• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DRWfan

A Goalie is Needed

Rate this topic

We need a goaltender. Conklin is an impotent (as a player, i.e. cannot perform as a goaltender), Howard is a father. Even if you consider Howard a descent one to carry the team through the whole season, he may be able to get used to new home schedule (sleepless nights with newborn) by the start of the playoffs. But unfortunately by then most probably we will not need him since we will be out of it. Did you all notice that no matter who we play against, our goalie is always worse than another guy? And when finally he overplays his opponent (once or may be twice a year), we feel so proud, not to mention surprised… We always hope, believe. But it’s never a sure thing… I am just wondering why we cannot have the one who would be reliable at least 85% of the time? Don’t we finally have money to get one? Or we were waiting too long and now no one is available? All strong teams this year have good goalies and good backups… It is not possible to rely only on players when we all know that a goalie is half of the team, no matter how hard you try to forget about it.

Edited by DRWfan

The Wings are now destined to miss the playoffs because Howard is a new father? :blink: Just when you think you've heard of everything...

The problem with your question is that at the moment there are no unsigned goalies left on the market that are better than Howard, with or without sleep. So the only option to make your wish come true is a trade. While we've got plenty of cap space, we're already at the roster limit, so we'd have to either waive a player if trading only picks/prospects, or make a player-for-player trade. Who exactly off of this roster would you send away? (And dont say Howard. If he's going to be terrible because of lack of sleep, then no team in the league will want to trade their solid goalie for a "sleepy" goalie).

The Wings are now destined to miss the playoffs because Howard is a new father? :blink: Just when you think you've heard of everything.

The problem with your question is that at the moment there are no unsigned goalies left on the market that are better than Howard, with or without sleep. So the only option to make your wish come true is a trade. While we've got plenty of cap space, we're already at the roster limit, so we'd have to either waive a player if trading only picks/prospects, or make a player-for-player trade. Who exactly off of this roster would you send away? (And dont say Howard. If he's going to be terrible because of lack of sleep, then no team in the league will want to trade their solid goalie for a "sleepy" goalie).

No, no, no. Not only is Howard a new father, but apparently Conklin is IMPOTENT! We're doomed! :scared:

Guest Shoreline

I'd also like a burger with a side of extra large PANIC.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

Steve Yzerman had 137 points in his 92-93 season and it dropped down to 82 points in 93-94, it has to be because he had that daughter of his! Nevermind him playing 30 games less and switching to a more defensive style. Damn those babies! :rolleyes:

Evidently someone took a dump on their sarcasm detector.

I like our goalies, but that being said, I still kinda wish Holland could have gotten Nabokov out of the Isle instead of Conklin, but I am sure Snow was looking to rape Holland in said trade...

edit: Of course, there is always next July 1st to nab Nabby. Unless he puts up super numbers and wins then he will command, and get, elite money. If he is mediocre and has a sub .500 record, maybe Detroit can get him for cheap...

Edited by LeftWinger

The manner in which some hit the LGW Panic Button TM is funny at times. Some give a gentle press, others pound on it, some use a sledgehammer, but this one just does a ball-flop on it in a mankini, grinding his balls into it for extra effect. The French judge only gave it a 3.2, though, so that's going to affect the overall score.

Howard's wife has had a baby.

Last year, Ozzie's wife had a baby.

The last time Conks was here, his wife had a baby.

Solid proof that even if you f*** around, Detroit will bring out the best in you.

But we didn't win the Cup any of those years. :g:

Congratulations, this is the best "OMGZ PANIC" thread I've seen yet. Kinda like a mindfly thought mixed with some sirdrake thoughts. "What if Howard never had a baby and was able to lead the Wings to the Stanley Cup because Chris Chelios came out of retirement and built his own goalie crease out of broken sticks making it near impossible for the opposing team to get quality scoring chances"

Ya I kinda got caught up in the magic that was sirdrakes posts, but this one sorta reminded me of it only in a more negative tone :ph34r::hehe:

LoL, panic mode after a losing two games of seven. Never in my life have I heard a sports analyst, or any sports reporter type, say being a new father effects performance. Howard is what....27? His body should be able to handle some nights of loss of sleep easily. Now if we are talking about Lidstrom, maybe OP's point would make more sense.