FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

"We want Avery" chants and a large banner saying "Send Torts to the Whale!"

Fan favorite, indeed.

Link w/ pics
Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#2 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

He's still loved here. Or at least that's my perception. He's also especially loved by some of the womens. I don't quite get that one.

#3 GongShow94

GongShow94

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

How could anyone want him on there team... He is a disgrace to hockey. Period. Saying he is a agitator is giving him too much credit the word I would rather use is pest. His on ice actions are a embarrasement to hockey and his off ice actions are an embarrasement to human beings.

#4 c00kiesn0w

c00kiesn0w

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

Wow Avery really Wow the fans in NY must be confusing him with some other player because the Avery I know is a clown and a disgrace to the game and if he were wearing a winged wheel I would go as far as to say I would simply denounce the organization in spite of all reason and logic as they have done great things here in Det. but I would not be able to be proud of an organization that sports Avery in the lineup Thumbs up to the Rangers organization for realizing this fact.

#5 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

Wow Avery really Wow the fans in NY must be confusing him with some other player because the Avery I know is a clown and a disgrace to the game and if he were wearing a winged wheel I would go as far as to say I would simply denounce the organization in spite of all reason and logic as they have done great things here in Det. but I would not be able to be proud of an organization that sports Avery in the lineup Thumbs up to the Rangers organization for realizing this fact.

Avery says hello.

Posted Image

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

He's still loved here. Or at least that's my perception. He's also especially loved by some of the womens. I don't quite get that one.

I don't get that one either, and I'm a womens. Not just any womens, but one who loves Mac, Probie, and others known for having less-than-stellar periods in their off-ice lives as well as Sammy, Koko, and others who other womens generally do not find sexy.

Avery? I don't get the womens on that one.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#7 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Dude is fashionable.

That's about the only nice thing I can say.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#8 c00kiesn0w

c00kiesn0w

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

Avery says hello.

Posted Image

Yeah that was before everyone knew what a $#!T head he was...I somehow forgot about him being signed here...must be one of those inconvenient truths I here so much about...my point still stands as the wings shown enough common sense to pedal him off elsewhere

EDIT: Note I used the word wearing meaning present tense.

Edited by c00kiesn0w, 28 October 2011 - 08:42 AM.

#9 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

Avery can play, that's the bottom line.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#10 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

I liked him when he was here. He's a **** now, but when he was here he was more of a grinder/agitator than a goon.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#11 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

As usual... wondering what he's done to people to generate the hate.

Averages a point 47% of the time and 2.67PIM per game. He's someone MOST teams could use.

Are all hockey fans conservatives or something? Did he beat on your favorite player? Are you all fans of Phaneuf? What's wrong, "sloppy seconds" too risque? He's af****** hockey player.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#12 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

He's af****** hockey player.

He's af****** ****** bag.
*this space for rent*

#13 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

As usual... wondering what he's done to people to generate the hate.

Averages a point 47% of the time and 2.67PIM per game. He's someone MOST teams could use.

Are all hockey fans conservatives or something? Did he beat on your favorite player? Are you all fans of Phaneuf? What's wrong, "sloppy seconds" too risque? He's af****** hockey player.

I was thinking this the whole time. I was wondering if he had some Matt Cooke on ice incidences that I didn't know about.

If people think that the stuff he says is too dirty, or mean, then they would faint if they heard their favorite player in game.

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

How could anyone want him on there team... He is a disgrace to hockey. Period. Saying he is a agitator is giving him too much credit the word I would rather use is pest. His on ice actions are a embarrasement to hockey and his off ice actions are an embarrasement to human beings.

What on ice actions? Have I missed something?

I'll never understand the Avery hate.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#15 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

I don't get that one either, and I'm a womens. Not just any womens, but one who loves Mac, Probie, and others known for having less-than-stellar periods in their off-ice lives as well as Sammy, Koko, and others who other womens generally do not find sexy.

Avery? I don't get the womens on that one.

I agree with you on Sammy but actually I can see Koko being successful in a typical bar even if he weren't a hockey player. Seems handsome enough. BTW, thanks for embracing the term 'womens.'

#16 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Is he playing in the AHL right now? What's the latest with him?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#17 Autika

Autika

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

While I can see why people would be put off by some of his more... coarse behaviors, he does have some redeeming moments which makes me think he might not be as bad as everyone thinks. I really do think that if he ever came back to Hockeytown, he would be a favorite after about 4 games. The worst thing that would come out of it would be another scapegoat to take some of the heat off of Hudler. I think it would be very interesting to see him on a line with Abby and Helm. If only one of them was a right winger. Oh well. :unsure:

(Disclaimer: I do not think Avery will return as a wing.)

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

I honestly think if he wasn't traded from Detroit, he would've been a bit more mature with guys like Yzerman and Shanahan still around at the time.

I liked him with the Wings, but it didn't sway me one way or another when he got traded.

Don't get me wrong, he did plenty of good things to warrant a trade to Los Angeles at the time, he's had pockets of success here/there, but he's obviously got other drama - whether he wants to avoid it or likes it, he carries other baggage that has been a distraction. It might not matter to some, but that is a factor to me, and a lot of that drama shouldn't be that hard to avoid.

#19 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Avery on re-entry waivers
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#20 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

No embellishment at all, of course.