• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Avery

Rate this topic

What a dumbass. BOOO ******* HOOO! You got sent to the AHL so you whine and cry and don't wanna play, and then retire and throw your skates in the Hudson River at age 31?

I really hope its true...hockey needs less of these prima donna douchebags.

What a dumbass. BOOO ******* HOOO! You got sent to the AHL so you whine and cry and don't wanna play, and then retire and throw your skates in the Hudson River at age 31?

I really hope its true...hockey needs less of these prima donna douchebags.

I am not disagreeing necessarily with your statement... nor am I necessarily agreeing with it.

I just want to point out the irony of your statement. Also a possible new meme.

Says, "I really hope its true...hockey needs less of these prima donna douchebags." has an avatar of Don Cherry. :yowza::lol::hehe::P:D

Edited by Majsheppard

A week after being told he was no longer in the New York Rangers' plans, Avery told Bravo TV that he is calling it quits while appearing as a guest on "Watch What Happens Live" with socialite Nicole Richie.

Somebody notify Wikipedia; I mean the part about Nicole Richie being a "socialite".

I'm glad Avery isn't on the Wings, because yes, he is a douchebag. But wow, some of the comments are just...wow.

I'm not sure what the big deal is and why people are so offended by him here, maybe he reminds them of some bully or type of person they couldn't deal with in their personal lives. I don't know, I'm not a psychologist. If you've ever read any of Tucker Max's stuff, you know the type of person I'm talking about.

I was one of the few on here that defended him in the whole overblown 'sloppy seconds', "I'm bored with my life so let's make fun of this dbag because I probably hate my boss" 20 page thread that happened here.

Not because what he did was right but because really... who gives a s***? He's a character and people are going to either completely like that type of personality or despise it.

I'm not sure what the big deal is and why people are so offended by him here, maybe he reminds them of some bully or type of person they couldn't deal with in their personal lives.

Avery a bully? LOL

I think its the exact opposite. Avery is the type of person that will talk s*** and try to instigate a fight, but then when you are like "OK, thats enough *****, lets go" he runs away. To put in in real world terms, he is the type of dude who would start a fight at a bar and then run and call the cops when you hit him. Or only fight you when he was with 10 of his buddies. Or the kid in the school yard who wants to talk trash and push other kids, then when he gets punched in the face for it, he runs crying to the teacher.

To put it bluntly, he is a cowardly little *****. People don't tend to like people like that.

Maltby?

Maltby was an agitator and wouldn't fight, but he's still a long way from Avery. From everything i've heard Maltby was a great teammate and didn't do any of the crap Avery did in the press.

I'm okay with guys having personalities other than the humble canadian "it's all about my teammates" schtick, but Avery pulled the kind of crap that is part of the reason I don't watch the NBA, and an element of the NFL I don't like.

It's too bad because underneath all the douchery, he's a good player.

I agree, and I felt the same about Maltby. My comment was in regards to the one above which stated "Avery is the type of person that will talk s*** and try to instigate a fight, but then when you are like "OK, thats enough *****, lets go" he runs away..." "...Or the kid in the school yard who wants to talk trash and push other kids, then when he gets punched in the face for it, he runs crying to the teacher." As much as I liked Maltby, those apply to him as well.

I think Avery is, was, and always will be a ******. Him against Fatso Brodeur, however, were some of the funniest moments I've had as a hockey fan. Avery won't be missed though.

avery is fun to watch just because he does ridiculous stuff, never really liked him but hes lucky theres not a guy like probert, if there was avery would be a different person after scrapping with him

People don't like Avery because of the reputation he got after he said something that wasn't even that bad. The NHL just decided to jump on the PC bandwagon and demonize the guy for "VULGAR AND PROFANE" language. Sure the guy likes the talk smack but is there anything really wrong with that? If a Wing were to do it we would all love it.

And he is a decent player to boot.

Avery at his "best":

Wait what's wrong with using your stick and hands to distract the goalie again? It's only ok to screen the goalie by standing there the entire time and not moving at all?

He didn't hit anybody. No high stick. And why didn't the defense come and clear him out if he's bothering brodeur that much?

Avery a bully? LOL

I think its the exact opposite. Avery is the type of person that will talk s*** and try to instigate a fight, but then when you are like "OK, thats enough *****, lets go" he runs away. To put in in real world terms, he is the type of dude who would start a fight at a bar and then run and call the cops when you hit him. Or only fight you when he was with 10 of his buddies. Or the kid in the school yard who wants to talk trash and push other kids, then when he gets punched in the face for it, he runs crying to the teacher.

To put it bluntly, he is a cowardly little *****. People don't tend to like people like that.

I guess what I said didn't exactly fit your description of a bully, but what you described is the type of person I was talking about. So....no s***?

The part of Avery I admire, is that he doesn't really care what you think.

Edited by Louisville