• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Avery

Rate this topic

I don't quite get what Rangers fans are going for here, only thing I can think of is just expressing their displeasure that he doesn't play on the team anymore. When Tort flat out said we have better players and sent him away i'd assume those bridges were burned with those comments and there is zero chance of him playing in a Rangers uniform again. Do they think that Tort is just gonna apologize, say he didn't mean it and bring him back?

As for Avery back on the Wings, i'd pass. I'm not denying that he has some skill and can contribute but the headache doesn't outweigh the production imo. If we go that direction i'd rather have a player like Chris Neil.

I don't quite get what Rangers fans are going for here, only thing I can think of is just expressing their displeasure that he doesn't play on the team anymore. When Tort flat out said we have better players and sent him away i'd assume those bridges were burned with those comments and there is zero chance of him playing in a Rangers uniform again. Do they think that Tort is just gonna apologize, say he didn't mean it and bring him back?

As for Avery back on the Wings, i'd pass. I'm not denying that he has some skill and can contribute but the headache doesn't outweigh the production imo. If we go that direction i'd rather have a player like Chris Neil.

I think Avery would be a pleasant surprise for us, assuming he keeps his mouth shut. As for Neil specifically, I think he'll will be in Ottawa his entire career. The fans love him, he seems to feel at home there. He's a good locker-room presence, but I know what you mean. Travis Moen is another guy I'd like here.

I think Avery would be a pleasant surprise for us, assuming he keeps his mouth shut. As for Neil specifically, I think he'll will be in Ottawa his entire career. The fans love him, he seems to feel at home there. He's a good locker-room presence, but I know what you mean. Travis Moen is another guy I'd like here.

You think too highly of Avery.

My biggest question that I ponder alot is would he have turned out the way he is now if the Wings would have kept him? I mean I know he didn't really fit with what our team was about at the time but I just wonder how things would have turned out if things were different and he was still on the Wings Roster. My first guess is that yes he wouldn't be like this and that Detroit would keep him a lot more tamed than he has become. Just courious!!

I liked him when he was here. He's a dick now, but when he was here he was more of a grinder/agitator than a goon.

That's because the Wings organization wouldn't have stood for him being a dick. The management and culture of a team does a lot to shape a player.

Guest Shoreline

That's because the Wings organization wouldn't have stood for him being a dick. The management and culture of a team does a lot to shape a player.

Agreed.

Guest Crymson

My biggest question that I ponder alot is would he have turned out the way he is now if the Wings would have kept him? I mean I know he didn't really fit with what our team was about at the time but I just wonder how things would have turned out if things were different and he was still on the Wings Roster. My first guess is that yes he wouldn't be like this and that Detroit would keep him a lot more tamed than he has become. Just courious!!

Holland traded Avery because the latter did not have respect for the sport. The reason he is not on the team is precisely because of his awful attitude.

Holland traded Avery because the latter did not have respect for the sport. The reason he is not on the team is precisely because of his awful attitude.

Spot on. Also, if memory serves me correctly, I believe this decision went as high up as Mr. Ilitch as he soon after made comments in the paper about "certain" players not fitting in with the identity of the Red Wings.

It's funny, on the first floor of Duggans Pub (Woodward and 12) there is an old picture taken there of Avery, Cheli, Federov, Dandenault, and McCarty (I think that is all of them in the picture?). Anyway, besides all of them looking hammered, Avery looks sooo freakin young. Curly haired and looks like he's about 15. I always think what could have been if he would have been a different type of guy...so much potential.