• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GongShow94

Who would you pick to have back on this team?

Rate this topic

Hey guys im kinda new to this forum but today something pop'd up in my head and I thought I'd ask you guys what your opinion was on this topic.

If you were able to bring back any player who played for us who would you pick?

You can choose anyone who played atleast one year for us and at any point in his career but he had to play for the wings during that year.

I hope this isnt a over used topic, I read alot of forums on here and know you guys know your stuff so I thought I'd get your opinions.

My pick; 93-94 Sergei Fedorov. His speed and skills I think would be a good match for this team.

Have fun.

2007-08 Zetterberg

...just kidding. :hehe:

Even though it's already been a deep seven-game season and people are turning on him, I guarantee that Z will still have a solid season.

1988-89 Steve Yzerman.

Same.

Edited by Nevermind

My second pick was 51-52 terry sawchuk. 88-89 Stevie was a close choice too. I seriously sat and thought about this question for about an hour today. I just thought that fedorov would be a better mesh with this team plus we could put him on D for a PP with that nasty slap shot he had or just have him play D all year if needed.

I can only dream about what might have been had Fischer or Konstantinov been able to play out their careers in Detroit.

Also some obvious picks: Gordie Howe, Syd Abel, Red Kelly, Ted Lindsay...

But if we're sticking to active players, I'd go with Sammy. Or Hossa.

This is a tough question...I can think of so many I'd like to have back. Dom in '02, Hull with Pasha and Boyd Devereaux in '02, Shanny, Steve Yzerman anytime, Vladdie, The Russian Five...how do you pick one?

I'd probably pick the same Stevie season as Eva did, but since that's been mentioned I'll go with Bob Probert of 1987-88 season.

(See his stats below in my sig)

Oh yea! That was a great season if only he would of stayed on track after that season he would of been a bigger league than in just the fight department. Not to many enforcers have played in a All Star game and that pretty much wraps that up. Probie has always been one of my favorites. RIP

Some great answers here so far. Yzerman any time in the early 90s, Konstantinov, Hasek, Sawchuck. Any of these guys were great.

I'll have to go with the guy who was my favorite player growing up, Darren McCarty circa 1997. He was far from the best player in the organization, but he was a heart and soul type of guy, scored clutch goals, and took care of his teammates. I miss DMac!

Not to mention he scored one of the prettiest goals of all time, which will always go down as one of the best memories I've ever had watching hockey.

Edited by hooon

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

yeah id say 2002 hasek

89 yzerman

98 mccarty ( partially because i got his autograph that year!) :yowza:

I have always wished we could have kept Kozlov in '02. I realize that we got Hasek for him, and that put us over the top that year, but Kozlov was one of my favorites from that era, ever since he turnbuckled Adam Foote's face.

1992-93 Steve Chiasson would be nice to have; hard slapper, good defense, physical game, and chemistry with Lidstrom.

1994-95 Paul Coffey.

Gordie Howe...at any point.

Chris Osgood from 1995-98 to tandem with 1952 Terry Sawchuk.

Edited by eva unit zero