• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GongShow94

Who would you pick to have back on this team?

Rate this topic

At this point, I don't even think the stalwarts of the 1997-1998 and 2002 championship teams could do much to help them right now. Nick and Homer are I believe the only players left from those three Cup runs, and they can't do it all themselves.

I must agree, Hasek best years we're with Buffalo. Hasek didn't carry the 02 team like he did when he was with the sabres. About Yzerman ... come on this guy is one of the best to players in the NHL history & I see Federov as one of the top defensive highly offensive forwards in NHL history also.

Federov > Datsyuk & Zetts

Yzerman > Best player in the NHL if we don't only look at stats. (Sportsmanship, leadership, loyalty etc...) The guy changed his game style to suit the team so we can win cups.

I, too, mispell Sergei's name as an underhanded insult; cheers!

As your quotee hinted at/mentioned, you don't even need to consider Yzerman's leadership, character, etc, to say he was one of the league's elite when he was younger. Dude was lights out.

Yeah Marian Hossa. Looking more and more like the letting Hossa walk and signing Franzen long term deal was a bad idea. I hate to say that but it's true. :thumbdown:

Sure, Franzen's there, but we could've signed Franzen and let Hudler walk while trading Flip and kept Hossa too. I'd rather gamble on keeping Franzen for a sub-$4 million cap hit, but clinging to Hudler and Flip over a superstar like Hossa? Pure insanity.

Sure, Franzen's there, but we could've signed Franzen and let Hudler walk while trading Flip and kept Hossa too. I'd rather gamble on keeping Franzen for a sub-$4 million cap hit, but clinging to Hudler and Flip over a superstar like Hossa? Pure insanity.

Hudler wasn't on the cap in 2009-10; the Wings were still spent right up to the cap.

Maybe the Wings could have cut Flip loose and kept Hossa and signed two minimum wagers instead of Bert and Williams, but that wasn't happening. It was ultimately Franzen or Hossa.

Hudler wasn't on the cap in 2009-10; the Wings were still spent right up to the cap.

Maybe the Wings could have cut Flip loose and kept Hossa and signed two minimum wagers instead of Bert and Williams, but that wasn't happening. It was ultimately Franzen or Hossa.

Franzen:

2009 - 2010 : 10 goals - 11 assists - 21 points = 27 games

2010 - 2011 : 28 goals - 27 assists - 55 points = 76 games

2011 - 2012 : 04 goals - 03 assists - 07 points = 11 games

Hossa:

2009 - 2010 : 24 goals - 27 assists - 51 points = 57 games

2010 - 2011 : 25 goals - 32 assists - 57 points = 76 games

2011 - 2012 : 06 goals - 05 assists - 11 points = 11 games

Thus far, Hossa > Franzen in very categories.

My question to you is, would you have chose Hossa or Franzen?