• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

38 goals, 68 assists, and 98 points and counting in the NHL.

2 Stanley Cup championships.

What have you done lately?

Right... Boyd Devereaux has a Stanley Cup ring also. Maybe they should pick him up and give him an A also? And Devereaux had 67G 112A and 179 PTS

#22 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Good on him. Sometimes you luck out and get plenty of breaks like people have described. Not like he's doing anything illegal or wrong to get these things. Happy for him.

38 goals, 68 assists, and 98 points and counting in the NHL.

2 Stanley Cup championships.

What have you done lately?

You tried last season convincing people with a Kopecky thread that he is more than he's worth. Nobody listened to you. If you think he's worth something, great, but why do you think this time around is going to be any different with you trying to convince others?

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 29 October 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#23 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

Good on him. Sometimes you luck out and get plenty of breaks like people have described. Not like he's doing anything illegal or wrong to get these things. Happy for him.

You tried last season convincing people with a Kopecky thread that he is more than he's worth. Nobody listened to you. If you think he's worth something, great, but why do you think this time around is going to be any different with you trying to convince others?

Psst. Here's a history lesson about Tomas Kopecky. Back when he played in the AHL, on a line with Hudler and Don MacLean, I said he could develop into a top-six forward. People here laughed and made fun of me. When he played on the fourth line in Detroit, I held fast and said he could be a top-six forward, and ideally learn to use his size effectively. Hey, look, guess what? Tomas Kopecky is a top six forward in the NHL. He scored over 40 points last year. He'll probably do it again this year. He plays PP and PK. You can dislike the guy, but at least give him credit.

Even if you don't give me any. Posted Image
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

:lol:

That's awesome. and probably true.

Kopecky has done so little but been given so much. It's bizarre.

Aye! He even got a Cup for getting his face broken in the 1st (or 2nd?) round. :lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#25 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

Psst. Here's a history lesson about Tomas Kopecky. Back when he played in the AHL, on a line with Hudler and Don MacLean, I said he could develop into a top-six forward. People here laughed and made fun of me. When he played on the fourth line in Detroit, I held fast and said he could be a top-six forward, and ideally learn to use his size effectively. Hey, look, guess what? Tomas Kopecky is a top six forward in the NHL. He scored over 40 points last year. He'll probably do it again this year. He plays PP and PK. You can dislike the guy, but at least give him credit.

Even if you don't give me any. Posted Image

*Forehead smack* Looks like I gave him credit above. Absolutely have zero against the guy.

Once again, that's nice that he has developed some and that he did.

Once again, you tried last season convincing people with a Kopecky thread that he is more than he's worth. Nobody listened to you. If you think he's worth something, great, but why do you think this time around is going to be any different with you trying to convince others?

People are already going to have their thoughts of Kopecky, fair or not, regardless of you telling them otherwise or stroking your own ego. So you could actually answer my question instead of feeding your own ego.

#26 bob

bob

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

The Panthers currently have a better record than the Wings. I think it's obvious that we are missing Kopecky's leadership qualities. :ph34r:

#27 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,961 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Aye! He even got a Cup for getting his face broken in the 1st (or 2nd?) round. :lol:

Did he have a facial injury in 2008?

Because the fight with Beauchemin happened in 2009, where we didn't get the Cup.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

2007 was clavicle.
2008 was MCL.
2009 was face.

Kind of like keeping track of Kronwall.

#29 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

2007 was clavicle.
2008 was MCL.
2009 was face.

Kind of like keeping track of Kronwall.

Considerably worse than Kronwall.

He busted his knee in a collision during a game against the Blue Jackets in April of 2008.

#30 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

So you could actually answer my question

He scored over 40 points last year. He'll probably do it again this year. He plays PP and PK.

#31 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

And yet, you still didn't answer the question.

The question was:

If you think he's worth something, great, but why do you think this time around is going to be any different with you trying to convince others?

Am I not saying this right or something?

Do I need to write it out on posterboard in markers or something for you to understand?

How about your special font?

#32 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

And yet, you still didn't answer the question.

The question was:

If you think he's worth something, great, but why do you think this time around is going to be any different with you trying to convince others?

Am I not saying this right or something?

Do I need to write it out on posterboard in markers or something for you to understand?

How about your special font?

People look different at a player when their career high is 21 points than when it is 42? Guarantee you Kopecky is lucky to get half of his current deal if he has the same year in 2010-11 that he did in 2009-10.

#33 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

This is the last time I am going to do this. I can't believe I have to explain this yet again.

I am talking about YOU, not Tomas Kopecky.

Why do YOU think this time will be any different in YOU trying to convince the majority in here of his value/him being more than he is worth?

Again, why do YOU think YOU are going to convince people otherwise this time around when so many people have usually a bad impression of him, fair or not.

Not Tomas Kopecky or his play, but YOU.

#34 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

This is the last time I am going to do this. I can't believe I have to explain this yet again.

I am talking about YOU, not Tomas Kopecky.

Why do YOU think this time will be any different in YOU trying to convince the majority in here of his value/him being more than he is worth?

Again, why do YOU think YOU are going to convince people otherwise this time around when so many people have usually a bad impression of him, fair or not.

Not Tomas Kopecky or his play, but YOU.

:rolleyes:

#35 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

lol is Eva the new Mindfly? :siren:

#36 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

lol is Eva the new Mindfly? :siren:

Huh?

By mentioning my predictions on Kopecky's future (which were based both on what I had seen and on what professional scouts thought) when I said that Kopecky deserved credit for reaching that level, despite the high level of doubt cast upon him by Wings fans, I become the new mindfly?

I don't generally go around saying the Wings are going to lose or players are horrible overall or at certain things - in any unreasonable fashion, that is. I certainly have stated that players or the team have been/are playing badly, just as everyone else here has.

#37 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

:rolleyes:

Yet again you dodge the question.

Which shows that you won't be able to convince people here that Kopecky is more than he is worth, yet again, no matter how much you might hype him. Got it.

Have fun continuing to beat your head against a wall trying to do this to people in the future about him or *thou shall not be nammed*.

Given how stubborn you can be in here on certain players/things, I'm surprised that rolling eyes was all that you came up with.

#38 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Yet again you dodge the question.

Which shows that you won't be able to convince people here that Kopecky is more than he is worth, yet again, no matter how much you might hype him. Got it.

Have fun continuing to beat your head against a wall trying to do this to people in the future about him or *thou shall not be nammed*.

Given how stubborn you can be in here on certain players/things, I'm surprised that rolling eyes was all that you came up with.

You're saying the fact that Kopecky scored 40+ points while playing solid, physical, two way hockey is irrelevant? Even though Filppula's career high is 40?

Love it. Homer.

#39 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

You're saying the fact that Kopecky scored 40+ points while playing solid, physical, two way hockey is irrelevant? Even though Filppula's career high is 40?

Love it. Homer.

Good god you are seriously incompetent.

I already gave Kopecky his fair due in this thread, so no it is not irrelevant.

But ONCE AGAIN I refer to my question to you that, suprise suprise, you still have refused to answer - it's cool that you think he is worth something, but why do you think you will be able to convince the majority in here otherwise, a second time, of your thoughts on him when so many think less of him, fair or not?

That is all I asked to you, nothing more and nothing less, and you constantly are ignoring that question. Purposefully, probably. Why though, I have no clue. Not sure why you have to be hiding anything.

And calling me (or anybody in here) a homer is such a big pot meet kettle moment considering how much you hump the legs of some players on here (figuratively speaking of course). That's rich coming from you.

#40 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

Good god you are seriously incompetent.

I already gave Kopecky his fair due in this thread, so no it is not irrelevant.

But ONCE AGAIN I refer to my question to you that, suprise suprise, you still have refused to answer - it's cool that you think he is worth something, but why do you think you will be able to convince the majority in here otherwise, a second time, of your thoughts on him when so many think less of him, fair or not?

That is all I asked to you, nothing more and nothing less, and you constantly are ignoring that question. Purposefully, probably. Why though, I have no clue. Not sure why you have to be hiding anything.

And calling me (or anybody in here) a homer is such a big pot meet kettle moment considering how much you hump the legs of some players on here (figuratively speaking of course). That's rich coming from you.

Seriously, you are talking to the most stubborn poster on this forum, no matter what he will not give up his Hudler boner because between Jan 17th and Feb 5th Huds was on pace to score 8 zillion points.
You expect him to give up on pushing Kopay down people's throat.
That would be like asking GMR to say Enforcers are useless. (not trying to change subject or turn this into pro vs anti enforcer just using GMR's opinion to prove a point!)

Might as well bang your head against the wall.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock