• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/28 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

This is kind of like the playoffs last year against the Sharks. Pavs, Hank and Nick are the only 3 Wings doing their job and keeping the Wings in this. Where the hell are our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines? They look like they are just breezing around out there. Another thing, as I have said numberous times, Cleary is annoying on the top line with the Eurotwins. He doesn't know what to do when he gets the puck, falls down a lot, and tonight took a stupid penalty. I don't get why Babs doesn't try Homer back on the top line with Pavs and Z because it simply is not working out for Cleary- - he is not a top line player imo. Since our bottom 6 clearly look lazy tonight, adding cleary to the 3rd line might get it going more. One other thing, White has had a bad game tonight. The 2nd goal was a fluke, but the breakaway goal White has got to realize that Nick had pinched. Another thing, he shoots the puck all the time on the powerplay right off the faceoff, and the other team clears it right away... it drives me NUTS!

With that said, this is the first noticeably "not great" game by White,but Cleary needs to be taken off the top line. Hopefully Pavs and Z and Nick can keep going for us and get us 2 points since the rest of the team took the night off.

This is kind of like the playoffs last year against the Sharks. Pavs, Hank and Nick are the only 3 Wings doing their job and keeping the Wings in this. Where the hell are our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines? They look like they are just breezing around out there. Another thing, as I have said numberous times, Cleary is annoying on the top line with the Eurotwins. He doesn't know what to do when he gets the puck, falls down a lot, and tonight took a stupid penalty. I don't get why Babs doesn't try Homer back on the top line with Pavs and Z because it simply is not working out for Cleary- - he is not a top line player imo. Since our bottom 6 clearly look lazy tonight, adding cleary to the 3rd line might get it going more. One other thing, White has had a bad game tonight. The 2nd goal was a fluke, but the breakaway goal White has got to realize that Nick had pinched. Another thing, he shoots the puck all the time on the powerplay right off the faceoff, and the other team clears it right away... it drives me NUTS!

With that said, this is the first noticeably "not great" game by White,but Cleary needs to be taken off the top line. Hopefully Pavs and Z and Nick can keep going for us and get us 2 points since the rest of the team took the night off.

And the season before also.

Our secondary scoring doesn't show up against the Sharks apparently.

This is kind of like the playoffs last year against the Sharks. Pavs, Hank and Nick are the only 3 Wings doing their job and keeping the Wings in this.

I agree that there's definitely a truth to this. Flip, Hudler, and Cleary, all have fun beating up on the Coyotes but are noticeably absent from Sharks games.

Guest stinky fish taco

can someone explain to me what purpose dan cleary serves?

falls down constantly

loses board battles

gives the puck away

can't score

can't pass

can't hit

dumb penalties

lazy backchecking

...all this and more, for only $2.8 million?

where do i sign up?

Edited by stinky fish taco

The sky is not falling you guys. The wings are still a great team. It's still the 8th game of the season. Both teams are going to work some stuff out over the next 74 games. I'm guessing your team and my team will both be in the playoffs. As pissed as you guys are with Ian White, I'm equally pissed with Justin Braun. No matter which team wins this game, both teams will have learned more about themselves and be better for it. Weaknesses are exposed by high quality competition. You wouldn't learn much if the wings played 82 games against the blue jackets and then headed to the playoffs. I wouldn't want the sharks to play the coyotes a bunch and then get a reality check in the playoffs. (I'm setting myself up for a joke there, I know.) I love that almost every time these two teams play it's a hard fought close game. Good luck in the 3rd.

Yes, so Kenny needs to realize this and make some sort of a change. Because if we meet the Sharks in the playoffs again, we will have to rely on our big 3 again as no one else will show up. I am not worried about the regular season, as I think the Wings have a deep team that will be successful, but imo we need to have some sort of roster change in order to have more guaranteed success against the sharks. Clearly, it has to be some sort of an addition to the 2nd line to provide more scoring.

Guest Shoreline

Finally.

We need an enforcer. Red Wings need to call up Anderson Silva. This team is so weak.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

We suck. I think it's time to trade some players. Maybe we can get good value on Pavs, Hank, or Nick.

Yep, this team sucks. It's time to blow it up and find some new superstars.

Edited by Shoreline