#221 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

PP. Shaddup, Marty.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#222 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Bad call by the refs, which is no surprise.

Wings better convert on their Sharks-esque gift.

#223 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

sharks are in this team's head.

they simply can not beat them.

:rolleyes:

Settle down Nostradamus, 20 minutes left.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#224 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

Looks like Ty Conklin can't be blamed entirely for the garbage the last few games.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#225 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Three in a row with bad defense....it's now a trend

#226 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Time to play some inFamous: Festival of Blood between periods.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#227 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

sharks are in this team's head.

they simply can not beat them.

They're in my head that's for sure... just too good. How does this sharks team even lose a game!?!?

#228 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

This team is screaming for a trade right now.

#229 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

Why are they going after Filppula?

Although Joe Thornton is a piece of s***, he's pretty much a point-per-game player in the regular season.

Still 20 left.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#230 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

This team is screaming for a trade right now.

Only single players need apply.

#231 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Any idea why Babcock made Franzen a healthy scratch tonight? :unsure:

#232 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

This is kind of like the playoffs last year against the Sharks. Pavs, Hank and Nick are the only 3 Wings doing their job and keeping the Wings in this. Where the hell are our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines? They look like they are just breezing around out there. Another thing, as I have said numberous times, Cleary is annoying on the top line with the Eurotwins. He doesn't know what to do when he gets the puck, falls down a lot, and tonight took a stupid penalty. I don't get why Babs doesn't try Homer back on the top line with Pavs and Z because it simply is not working out for Cleary- - he is not a top line player imo. Since our bottom 6 clearly look lazy tonight, adding cleary to the 3rd line might get it going more. One other thing, White has had a bad game tonight. The 2nd goal was a fluke, but the breakaway goal White has got to realize that Nick had pinched. Another thing, he shoots the puck all the time on the powerplay right off the faceoff, and the other team clears it right away... it drives me NUTS!

With that said, this is the first noticeably "not great" game by White,but Cleary needs to be taken off the top line. Hopefully Pavs and Z and Nick can keep going for us and get us 2 points since the rest of the team took the night off.

#233 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

All of you need to calm down. Geez Louise.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#234 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

This is kind of like the playoffs last year against the Sharks. Pavs, Hank and Nick are the only 3 Wings doing their job and keeping the Wings in this. Where the hell are our 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines? They look like they are just breezing around out there. Another thing, as I have said numberous times, Cleary is annoying on the top line with the Eurotwins. He doesn't know what to do when he gets the puck, falls down a lot, and tonight took a stupid penalty. I don't get why Babs doesn't try Homer back on the top line with Pavs and Z because it simply is not working out for Cleary- - he is not a top line player imo. Since our bottom 6 clearly look lazy tonight, adding cleary to the 3rd line might get it going more. One other thing, White has had a bad game tonight. The 2nd goal was a fluke, but the breakaway goal White has got to realize that Nick had pinched. Another thing, he shoots the puck all the time on the powerplay right off the faceoff, and the other team clears it right away... it drives me NUTS!

With that said, this is the first noticeably "not great" game by White,but Cleary needs to be taken off the top line. Hopefully Pavs and Z and Nick can keep going for us and get us 2 points since the rest of the team took the night off.

And the season before also.

Our secondary scoring doesn't show up against the Sharks apparently.

#235 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

All of you need to calm down. Geez Louise.

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

#236 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

This is kind of like the playoffs last year against the Sharks. Pavs, Hank and Nick are the only 3 Wings doing their job and keeping the Wings in this.

I agree that there's definitely a truth to this. Flip, Hudler, and Cleary, all have fun beating up on the Coyotes but are noticeably absent from Sharks games.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#237 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

can someone explain to me what purpose dan cleary serves?

falls down constantly

loses board battles

gives the puck away

can't score

can't pass

can't hit

dumb penalties

lazy backchecking

...all this and more, for only $2.8 million?

where do i sign up?

Edited by stinky fish taco, 28 October 2011 - 08:18 PM.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#238 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Seems like only one of lines can be 'on' any given night.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#239 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

I agree that there's definitely a truth to this. Flip, Hudler, and Cleary, all have fun beating up on the Coyotes but are noticeably absent from Sharks games.

We can't beat the Sharks without Robert Lang.

#240 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

The sky is not falling you guys. The wings are still a great team. It's still the 8th game of the season. Both teams are going to work some stuff out over the next 74 games. I'm guessing your team and my team will both be in the playoffs. As pissed as you guys are with Ian White, I'm equally pissed with Justin Braun. No matter which team wins this game, both teams will have learned more about themselves and be better for it. Weaknesses are exposed by high quality competition. You wouldn't learn much if the wings played 82 games against the blue jackets and then headed to the playoffs. I wouldn't want the sharks to play the coyotes a bunch and then get a reality check in the playoffs. (I'm setting myself up for a joke there, I know.) I love that almost every time these two teams play it's a hard fought close game. Good luck in the 3rd.