• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#341 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

Almost any team is better than the Red Wings. They're awful.

I agree. Theyf****** suck. What a bunch of overpaid turds.

Edited by Electrophile, 28 October 2011 - 09:04 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#342 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

No Mayhem. Refs ruined this game early on and the Sharkes are a bunch of dirty rejects.

Yep, no mayhem.f****** cheating Sharks assholes ARRGHHHHH. *borrows an Elvis-wielded shotgun and blasts a Shark player on his monitor*

#343 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Babcock just continues to be outclassed by his former assistant.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#344 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

make more bad jokes, guys! that will help ease the pain when holland does nothing at the deadline and the wings lose to the sharks in the playoffs for a 3rd straight season.

bra-vo!

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#345 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

I see Penguins fans, and I'm so jealous. I wish we had a team that good. *kicks the ground, looks sad*

So do I.

I'm raising my kids to be Pens fans, so they grow up cheering for a team that wins multiple Cups, much like I did when I was younger.

#346 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

make more bad jokes, guys! that will help ease the pain when holland does nothing at the deadline and the wings lose to the sharks in the playoffs for a 3rd straight season.

bra-vo!

Maybe if you can't hack all of this failure, you should root for the Sharks.

#347 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Certainly the Wings' non-first line players are outclassed by the Sharks'. Pretty surprised Cleary hasn't been demoted yet. Even when the Wings were winning he was not contributing much. And seeing as the second line has also cooled off, it's time to mix it up.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#348 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Honestly though maybe it would be good for the Wings to be bad one season and get a draft pick that can actually produce the year he is drafted and not 6 years later.

Edited by korrowan, 28 October 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#349 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

I want to see commodore already

#350 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

I swear to god Babcock better take Cleary off the top line. I don't care if its back to back night tomorrow night, Homer better play because he had a great game tonight when with Pavs and Z. Cleary was garbage. He does not have a point in 6 games playing with Pavs and Z and does not deserve it. Homer finds ways to get to lose pucks, which he did multiple times tonight, and give the puck to his linemates. All in all, besides that, the game was frustrating to watch because we deserved to win it. We had a goal called off again, and again that was the turning point of the game and costed us.

#351 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Certainly the Wings' non-first line players are outclassed by the Sharks'. Pretty surprised Cleary hasn't been demoted yet. Even when the Wings were winning he was not contributing much. And seeing as the second line has also cooled off, it's time to mix it up.

I said it last year, the sharks are just flat out better than the wings. There's really no other way you can put it.

#352 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Honestly though maybe it would be good for the Wings to be bad one season and get a draft pick that can actually produce the year he is drafted and not 6 years later.

Any chance we get Andrew Luck?

#353 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

This 2. Sharks have our number and have had it for awhile now. Our team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 28 October 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#354 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Any chance we get Andrew Luck?

LoL. Trade stafford and megatron for #1... wait wrong board and its not Monday.

#355 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

I swear to god Babcock better take Cleary off the top line. I don't care if its back to back night tomorrow night, Homer better play because he had a great game tonight when with Pavs and Z. Cleary was garbage. He does not have a point in 6 games playing with Pavs and Z and does not deserve it. Homer finds ways to get to lose pucks, which he did multiple times tonight, and give the puck to his linemates. All in all, besides that, the game was frustrating to watch because we deserved to win it. We had a goal called off again, and again that was the turning point of the game and costed us.

Bertuzzi needs to take Cleary's place on the top line. He has more talent than Homer and Cleary, yet he's playing with Helm and Eaves.

How the hell is anyone going to score points from playing with Helm and Eaves? Bertuzzi is being wasted on the 3rd line.

#356 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

Bertuzzi needs to take Cleary's place on the top line. He has more talent than Homer and Cleary, yet he's playing with Helm and Eaves.

How the hell is anyone going to score points from playing with Helm and Eaves? Bertuzzi is being wasted on the 3rd line.

I am still confused about what Eaves actually offers..never see him doing much of anything besides getting away with elbowing guys.

#357 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Analysis of the last play, IF Ian White hits Clowe instead of reaching for the puck, Clowe cannot get the pass back to #9, who in turn doesn't get the pass to Thornton for the empty netter. May not have won the game for Detroit, but would've prevented to 4th goal. Babcock better mix this team up a lot more, 1 is an incident, 2 is a habit, 3 is a problem and they just lost 3 in a row. Not calling for trades, just some lineup changes. Like I said, if White is more physical at the end, they don't get that 4th goal. I like White, but he just needed to be physical instead of playing the puck...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#358 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Like I said, if White is more physical at the end, they don't get that 4th goal. I like White, but he just needed to be physical instead of playing the puck...

Indeed, White didn't have a good game. I appreciate what he's brought so far, but on the power play it's clear that he doesn't have the offensive instincts of Rafalski. Not that I was anticipating that he would, but the difference is noticeable.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#359 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Analysis of the last play, IF Ian White hits Clowe instead of reaching for the puck, Clowe cannot get the pass back to #9, who in turn doesn't get the pass to Thornton for the empty netter. May not have won the game for Detroit, but would've prevented to 4th goal. Babcock better mix this team up a lot more, 1 is an incident, 2 is a habit, 3 is a problem and they just lost 3 in a row. Not calling for trades, just some lineup changes. Like I said, if White is more physical at the end, they don't get that 4th goal. I like White, but he just needed to be physical instead of playing the puck...

Ian White was awful in this game for sure.

Indeed, White didn't have a good game. I appreciate what he's brought so far, but on the power play it's clear that he doesn't have the offensive instincts of Rafalski. Not that I was anticipating that he would, but the difference is noticeable.

Doesn't help that he's wearing Maltby's number either.

#360 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

There is NO way Bert should get a promotion on his current form. He's floating and he's not creating any scoring chances. Until he raises his effort levels, he's not moving up lines, if anything he should be demoted.

I am still confused about what Eaves actually offers..never see him doing much of anything besides getting away with elbowing guys.

Seriously? He's not here to be a big scorer, he is here #1 for his work on the PK (was excellent in blocking shots today), to provide energy and to occasionally score. Out of all the players to have a crack at, you go for Eaves, really?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.