2nd V L. Irving 10.00 Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6) 16:18

2nd V B. Mikkelson 5.00 Fighting 16:18

2nd H G. Exelby 5.00 Fighting 16:18

2nd H G. Exelby 10.00 Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6) 16:18

2nd H J. MacDonald 2.00 Roughing 16:18

2nd H J. MacDonald 5.00 Fighting 16:18

2nd H J. MacDonald 10.00 Game misconduct - Secondary altercation (46.6) 16:18

2nd H B. Smith 5.00 Fighting 16:18

All of this in one stoppage of play haha. I havent managed to find the video yet but by the looks of the goalie interfernce call someone musta ran Mcdonald I'm guessing.

This is Smiths second fight of the year already as well.

I'll try to find the video of i can

I've very proud of all those guys. :clap:

After watching the post game interviews, apparently it was the second time Joey Mac had gotten run in the game and this time there wasnt even anyone around. Completely unnecessary is how Macdonald described it.

I'm glad to see that a top gun like Smith will do that, hes going to be that guy we've been missing since Fisher. He wont fight a tonne but he can sure handle himself, the wings will finally have that good player, playing the big minutes who is tough as hell.

I also am proud :clap:

thats grand rapids team sure loves to drop em. think they are leading the ahl in fights right now. can't wait until these thugs get up to the wings :P

If the Wings continue losing, Babcock should have them scrimmage against Grand Rapids.

Maybe a little "tough love" is what the Wings need.

Just go and re-watch the archive. It's around the 1:36:00 mark

Yeah I actually just did that, I keep forgetting that you have those games archived on there.. thats a pretty sweet feature :thumbup:

As for the brawl, a guy runs Mcdonald pretty good while he has the puck covered. Smith was the first one to grab the guy and start throwing, then there was a big scrum. Next angle they show has Mcdonald absolutely feeding blockers to someone thats on the ground. This is when the other goalie skated down

Smith ended paired up with some kid who looked scared of him and fed him a few good ones, than the Mikkelson kid completely covered up and was all defense.

The goalie fight wasnt very good but its rare that they are.

The best thing I got from watching it was that once Smith is with the wings, Howard is gonna be nice and comfy because Smith wont let people near his goalie like that :clap:

<sigh> They're still kids with some learning to do. At this stage in the game, it's the thought and effort that count. Hopefully Downey will do some training with them and teach them the concept of "making contact with the other player's face" when throwing punches.

Still, they showed up, so good on them.

If those are our future enforcers, I'll take soft Euros. Thanks.

The only fights shown were the goalie fight and some of Smith's fight. I don't think McDonald is looking to become the next Hextal, and Smith has top-pairing potential. Neither player shown is an enforcer. Smith did the right thing, and IMO it would be great of the Wings had a top-pairing with some trusulence.

The only fights shown were the goalie fight and some of Smith's fight. I don't think McDonald is looking to become the next Hextal, and Smith has top-pairing potential. Neither player shown is an enforcer. Smith did the right thing, and IMO it would be great of the Wings had a top-pairing with some trusulence.

Exactly.

Smith is going to be what everyone here has missed since Fisher. He wasnt chucking bombs at that guy because the other guy clearly didnt want to fight. Heres Smith in his first ever pro fight against an AHL enforcer who fights 30 times a season. Yeah I'm fine with him being one of the tougher guys on the wings in the next few years, hes dewfinitely tougher than anything on the roster right now

I miss Friday college nights. Mmmm $1 dollar beers...

1 dollar beers, people would probably wanna brawl me in the stands haha.

Im going to my first griffins game in Hamilton a week from friday, its going to be the first game theyve played since Callahan got that 4 game suspension and Fitzgerald tried getting in the box to fight him.

Should be interesting to say the least :cool:

1 dollar beers, people would probably wanna brawl me in the stands haha.

Im going to my first griffins game in Hamilton a week from friday, its going to be the first game theyve played since Callahan got that 4 game suspension and Fitzgerald tried getting in the box to fight him.

Should be interesting to say the least :cool:

+1

You just gave me a great idea. Next time the Griffs play Hamilton or Toronto I think I am going to go check them out.