• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Brunnstrom on waivers

Rate this topic

As expected from the day we brought him in on a try-out. Work hard in GRap and get a call-up.

Yea, but why risk losing him unless we plan on pulling someone else up full time until her earns a spot, like Connor or someone. Otherwise I don't understand why we would only leave 1 extra forward?

Guest Crymson

Yea, but why risk losing him unless we plan on pulling someone else up full time until her earns a spot, like Connor or someone. Otherwise I don't understand why we would only leave 1 extra forward?

The team would rather play Tatar and Nyquist than Brunnstrom, and they are waiver-exempt.

The team would rather play Tatar and Nyquist than Brunnstrom, and they are waiver-exempt.

This was my only other thinking, maybe they wanted to light a spark under the guys, and pull up a young kid with some energy, and hopefully that pushes the guys.

Guest Crymson

He won't make it to GR IMO. He had a good preseason and I think he might have gotten tired of not playing at all.

I don't see any reason why he would be picked up. He had a good preseason, yes, but he has only played one NHL game, and he did not do well in that. As for him tiring of not playing, it was very clear that he knew he had to be on best behavior if he wanted to gain and keep a spot. Complaining about his playing time after having been given a tryout contract would have been hugely pretentious and enormously stupid.

Edited by Crymson

This was my only other thinking, maybe they wanted to light a spark under the guys, and pull up a young kid with some energy, and hopefully that pushes the guys.

I don't know about that. If that was the case then I would think Bruno would've gotten into the lineup but at a top six spot.

I don't see any reason why he would be picked up. He had a good preseason, yes, but he has only played one NHL game, and he did not do well in that. As for him tiring of not playing, it was very clear that he knew he had to be on best behavior if he wanted to gain and keep a spot. Complaining about his playing time after having been given a tryout contract would have been hugely pretentious and enormously stupid.

That just it he has only played one game. People have bad games that's just how it goes sometimes... but with us in a 3 game skid I would think Babs would do something to try and shake things up. Putting Bruno in for a game or two right now makes sense. Our top six isn't exactly playing like they should and Bruno is top six talent.

I don't think it would be stupid of him to say something about the lack of being in competitive games. Just because a player gives input doesn't make them an automatic ******* for asking. Hell it might do him some good if he did ask as you can only practice so much before you need to get back out there on the ice in a real game.

Edited by dragonballgtz

That just it he has only played one game. People have bad games that's just how it goes sometimes... but with us in a 3 game skid I would think Babs would do something to try and shake things up. Putting Bruno in for a game or two right now makes sense. Our top six isn't exactly playing like they should and Bruno is top six talent.

I don't think it would be stupid of him to say something about the lack of being in competitive games. Just because a player gives input doesn't make them an automatic ******* for asking. Hell it might do him some good if he did ask as you can only practice so much before you need to get back out there on the ice in a real game.

Well this is really strange. I mean, I figured he'd play in GR if he wasn't going to get consistent starts, but I thought they'd throw him in the lineup to mix things up, not dump him to the AHL.

I bet we lose him. Maybe not on the way down, but if he clears, goes down and plays well, we lose him on re-entry.

I am not a fan of this move.

why would we lose him on re-entry? just don't call him up this year if he clears....

if he plays well enough he can be on the team from the start next year

Edited by ricky0034

Guest Crymson

Our top six isn't exactly playing like they should and Bruno is top six talent.

Is he? He scored 17 goals in his first season at age 23--three of which were easy goals in his first game--mustered 11 points in 40+ games the next season, and underproduced in the minors for the next season after that. He has nowhere proven that he has top-six talent.

It would be ridiculous of him to complain about playing time, given that he's only on the team because the organization gave him a chance.

Is he? He scored 17 goals in his first season at age 23--three of which were easy goals in his first game--mustered 11 points in 40+ games the next season, and underproduced in the minors for the next season after that. He has nowhere proven that he has top-six talent.

It would be ridiculous of him to complain about playing time, given that he's only on the team because the organization gave him a chance.

His skill set is top six talent. He isn't a 3rd or 4th line energy guy and that isn't how he should be used.

I still don't understand how it would be ridiculous of him to say to the Wings:

"Hey, I'm not playing a lot here with the big club. It would be beneficial to us both if I was sent down so I don't lose my timing, stamina, and legs while waiting for my opportunity. While down in the minors I can prove to you I do work hard in games and will continue to improve my all around game to fit in better in the NHL. So can you please send me down so I can play?"

There is no point of having Bruno just sitting on the sideline doing nothing. It doesn't do the Wings any good and it doesn't do him any good.

Edited by dragonballgtz

CBC just said the reasoning is he needs to play somewhere so the Wings' are trying to see if another team will give him a shot. WOW :(

MLive

Brunnstrom has until noon Monday to clear. If he clears, he'll likely be assigned to Grand Rapids.

"He needs to play,'' general manager Ken Holland said. "He's in the process of establishing himself as an NHL player. He played well enough in training camp to earn a contract, but he hasn't been able to play because we haven't had any injuries (except for Jan Mursak's broken ankle, which created the roster spot for Brunnstrom).''

Holland said the move is not a prelude to a trade.

(...)

“We got him because things didn't work out somewhere else,'' Holland said. "It's not like he's been in the NHL for 10 years. He's trying to establish himself.

“We're fully aware of the risk. It's great to be in the NHL, but he needs to play.''