• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Brunnstrom on waivers

Rate this topic

I like his attitude that he doesn't want to get picked up by another team, that he'd rather play in GR than anywhere else, because he wants to be here. I hope he gets his wish and stays.

I like his attitude that he doesn't want to get picked up by another team, that he'd rather play in GR than anywhere else, because he wants to be here. I hope he gets his wish and stays.

Yeah, it's a great attitude to see. Usually being forced into the minors is the one thing that turns players against the Wings.

he should have played in place of one of our top six who isnt producing, at least give him a chance..

I would have liked to see Babcock let Cleary sit and heal that upper body injury while Barnstorm skates on the Pavels wing to see what he can do. In hindsight, it couldn't have hurt anything.

I would have liked to see Babcock let Cleary sit and heal that upper body injury while Barnstorm skates on the Pavels wing to see what he can do. In hindsight, it couldn't have hurt anything.

I second this, I was more then just a little disappointed at the lack of a shot he recieved when he got here. I thought having him on Z's one wing and Mule on the other would have been a stellar line 2...Or like you said, with Dats on 1.

Yeah, I mean depending on how hurt Cleary is that's not ahalf bad idea. Although, when players are in slumps taking games off isn't necessarily a good idea (for players who are regulars that is).

Why are people so nuts about putting Brunnstrom on Datsyuk's wing or Zetterberg's wing?

Cory Emmerton outperformed him offensively in the AHL last year while spending some time injured and some time on the Detroit roster. Brunnstrom failed to make it onto the Leafs roster.

Should Emmerton be slotted next to Dats or Z?

Maybe Helm, who posted 30+ points in the NHL last year.

I've been torn a new one for suggesting Eaves on Dats' wing before, even though Eaves has a very good shot and has scored 20 goals.

Or Hudler. Who has scored 26 goals and 57 points. And is probably the third most naturally skilled forward on the team right now.

Brunnstrom has some decent skills. But he needs to prove he deserves a shot before he gets that slot. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Franzen, Hudler, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, and Eaves are all guys who are have shown to be better offensively than he is, at least so far. He needs to seriously up his game, or revise his role. People were suggesting a Homer-type role for him. If he can add that to his repertoire, he'll be a top-sixer on an NHL team for years to come. The Wings are probably losing Homer AND Bert this offseason, so that's definitely an open spot he could slip into. Maybe then he'd deserve the spot on Datsyuk's wing.

Edited by eva unit zero

Guest Crymson

I agree with Eva (about Brunnstrom, not Hudler). Brunnstrom has nowhere shown that he is able to consistently score at the AHL level, let alone in the NHL.

Edited by Crymson

You know, I never connected the dots until earlier, but I guess we should have seen this coming after Homer played in back to back games this weekend. I remember seeing him play on Saturday and being like, hey, I thought he wasn't playing back to back.

Question and sorry if it's been covered, I know Brunnstrom doesn't have to clear waivers to come back up to the Wings this year that pasrt is clear. So if Bruno does come back up because of injury or something he would have to clear again if he was sent back down to GR right?

According to what I've read, he gets to play 10 games, or stay 30 days in GR, and then has to clear waivers again. I don't understand the waiver system at all, but that is what I read. All I know is that I'll most likely see him play Saturday night when I go to the Griffins game. Yay.

Guest Crymson

If he does well with the Griffins, yay. If not, then it'll be clear that he can't cut it at the NHL level.

I bet we will see him before he plays the full ten games that will require him to pass through waivers. he scored a goal in his first game as a griffin, impressive knowing the fact that he has only played on game this year.

I bet we will see him before he plays the full ten games that will require him to pass through waivers. he scored a goal in his first game as a griffin, impressive knowing the fact that he has only played on game this year.

He is exempt from re-entry waivers due to his AHL salary... also, the 10 game thing... what are you talking about? I don't even know what rule you're confusing here...

Question and sorry if it's been covered, I know Brunnstrom doesn't have to clear waivers to come back up to the Wings this year that pasrt is clear. So if Bruno does come back up because of injury or something he would have to clear again if he was sent back down to GR right?

He doesn't have to clear unless he plays in ten NHL games or spends 30 days on an NHL roster from now forward. What he does in Grand Rapids doesn't matter. Brunnstrom and every other player in Grand Rapids (Janik, Exelby, Conner, MacDonald) who had to clear waivers to go down do NOT need to clear waivers to come back up until they hit that limit.

Does everyone remember when Janik was brought up last season, and then sent back down? No waivers either direction (he only played 7 games). Same rule applies to Brunnstrom now. If call-ups are needed we'll probably see a little bit more of Brunnstrom, some of Conner, maybe some more Tatar and Nyquist.

good news tbh. I'm glad Bert is out proabably like a lot of people. Any word if Fab will dress then tonight?

He should; Eaves is out because of his back. Hopefully he doesn't look like a fool again.

Bert's illness is a very rare one. It's called "Lazyandsuckitis". Some people manage to fight through it and not let it affect them as much as it could, but hard work is the only cure.

I like:

Filppula/Datsyuk/Hudler

Franzen/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Abdelkader/Helm/Cleary

Brunnstrom/Emmerton/Miller

Switch Emmerton and Abdelkader if you like.