• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/29 GDT: Red Wings at Minnesota Wild

Rate this topic

What has been the problem these last 4 games. I haven't gotten to watch a single game because of work and school.

I know the CAPS whooping was just because we didn't show up and they were on a tear but what about the other three? I mean we go on a 5 game tear and then, we lose 4 straight. I am in no way saying our season is over, we are going to miss the playoffs, or that we need to address the goalie situation? I'm just curious, from level headed members, why we are slumping. Line Combos? Defense? Power Play?

What do you guys think?

The Wings have had essentially the same roster for 4-5 years. Maybe the rest of the league just has Detroit figured out? I was really hoping the 2 new assistant coaches would bring something fresh, but overall it seems to be more of the same.

OMFG WE'RE GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS. WE'RE ALL DOOMED. ABANDON YOUR POSTS! FLEE!! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Ive got to the point that I have to come out and call you a f***IN IDIOT. Either your Will Farrell being the cheerleader or you are straight up clueless.

Seems tha you have a multi stage level of concern...

1. Ehh its one game, lets smoke some weed

2, Ehh its two games, wheres the coke?

3. Ehh its three games, anyone have some oxy?

4. Ehh its four games, I love acid :yowza:

You seriously need to step back and look at the teams play. It is utterly horrific.

You are a perfect employee for the Japanese nuclear power plants... keep believing Itll get better until it doesn't.

We have been OWNED by teams from every level of the league. I wouldnt be suprised to see our power rankings drop into the mid to low twenties this week.

These points count at the end of the season and if we are healthy now what do you forsee happening with injuries? You obviously see into the future and dont seem at all concerned with a loss of 4 easy points and another 4 that could have been ours.

More or less I think youre a retard trying to stir the pot. How bout giving a little insight into why we are "overreacting" when we shouldnt?

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Well hell, I've had a busy week and haven't been able to watch games since the Caps blowout last weekend and they go and do this? Now I'm sad :(

Anyway, I can't really comment too much on what's going wrong as I didn't actually see the games, but I will say that I still think we're going to be ok because the team that played those first five games was one of the better teams in the league. We just have to get back to that standard of play.

With all the great chances the Wild had, it easily could have been 5-0 if Jim didn't stand on his head.

Are you serious? The #1 goalie on the Stanley Cup contender team should let 5 in on 20 shots? The good #1 should not let any in yesterday. The good goalie saves the team when it's in the funk. Who was better against the sharks, their or our goalie? Niemi. Who was better against the wild? Harding (not to mention that he is not #1). What I am trying to say is that we so got used to not having a decent goalie at all that when he stops two or three shots in a row we say that he did a terrific job! There are 30 teams in the league. Please call out the ones who have a less reliable #1 than we do.

Edited by DRWfan

Are you serious? The #1 goalie on the Stanley Cup contender team should let 5 in on 20 shots? The good #1 should not let any in yesterday. The good goalie saves the team when it's in the funk. Who was better against the sharks, their or our goalie? Niemi. Who was better against the wild? Harding (not to mention that he is not #1). What I am trying to say is that we so got used to not having a decent goalie at all that when he stops two or three shots in a row we say that he did a terrific job! There are 30 teams in the league. Please call out the ones who have a less reliable #1 than we do.

You can't seriously be harping on a goalie just because he didn't get a shutout.

Let me know how many goalies can consistently stop a 50 goal scorer taking a top corner shot without pressure.

Jimmy has had to save this team on many occasions. His first season here he was over played because of the Ozzie situation. There is nothing wrong with Howard's play it's the team in front of him that needs to make some major changes. The goaliue cannot win the game for us unless he can start scoring the goals. And we cannot win games if we don't score goals. It's a team sport and yes the goalie is the last line of defense that does not mean he should take the blame for every single loss.

seriously why has our team become the most boring team to watch? ok i missed the first half of the san jose game, which mick kept saying was a great game, but the second half detroit showed very little effort and looked like they got man handled. It seems that we are the ones who are only able to win, during the opposing teams off nights, even if we dominate puck possession when we get in the zone we seldom have good chances at the net, or even come close to getting rebounds and second chances. Blah just such boring boring boring hockey, i find myself watching other hockey games during the week to make up for the lack of intensity in the detroit games

What is up with the Wings giving up all these odd man rushes? It's starting to get ridiculous. That's how we've been getting burned the last couple games and it doesn't seem like they're doing anything to fix it. Every time I looked at the TV last night, it seemed like Minnesota had a 2-on-1 in the first period. Howard and Conklin are not going to be able stop every one of those.

Well, those odd man rushes pretty much all came when Kronners and Stu were on the ice. Quite frankly, I have been a little disappointed with Kronners so far this season. I think Babs has too because all of a sudden Lidstrom is back to playing about 26 minutes a game, which I like to see because honestly he looks like he did 5 years ago when he is out there. Anywyas, Kronners and Stu defs have to pick their game up or else Babs should scratch Stu for a game to set an example.

Well, those odd man rushes pretty much all came when Kronners and Stu were on the ice. Quite frankly, I have been a little disappointed with Kronners so far this season. I think Babs has too because all of a sudden Lidstrom is back to playing about 26 minutes a game, which I like to see because honestly he looks like he did 5 years ago when he is out there. Anywyas, Kronners and Stu defs have to pick their game up or else Babs should scratch Stu for a game to set an example.

I agree. Kronwall and Stuart have not been good and are playing worse than our 3rd pair. Stuart looks especially slow.

The odd man rushes, however, seem to come against all three pairs.

Guest Crymson

Do you actually contribute anything?

Do you consider panic and alarmism contributions?

Bury your head in the sand a bit more.

Ah, it's this again. Your absurd statement is predicated on two silly premises: one, that the team is definitely in deep trouble (hilarious, given that we're nine games in and the team is 5-4); and two, that you or I or anyone else here could actually do anything about it.

Instead of advising me to be more pessimistic, perhaps you could try something utterly new to you: being hopeful when things aren't going swimmingly.

Edited by Crymson

Didn't get a chance to watch this game so let me take one guess as to what happened.

Logo hunting?

Minnesota playing their "play the neutral zone game till they make a mistake, score, and play 1-2-2 the rest of the game" game, and Harding making some great saves. At the same time the Wings didn't force much of anything in their end.

Minnesota playing their "play the neutral zone game till they make a mistake, score, and play 1-2-2 the rest of the game" game, and Harding making some great saves. At the same time the Wings didn't force much of anything in their end.

It never ceases to amaze me how early in a game the Wild will go into a 1-2-2.