• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#221 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

OMFG WE'RE GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS. WE'RE ALL DOOMED. ABANDON YOUR POSTS! FLEE!! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

You're trying way too hard.

Posted Image

#222 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

At least we can say that Howard is definitely not the problem right now. He's been great.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#223 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,640 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

So I see Babs has stuck to his lines when the game started as Datsyuk, Z, and Cleary where on the ice when Wild scored. Did he start to change the lines later on in the game? Seems kind of dumb to start with the same lineup that's been failing for the past 3 games.

Well, the issue is, there isn't much Babcock can do with a full healthy roster without some kind of trade. It's way too early to start talking major shake-up, so he just has to work with what he has, which at the moment isn't (or doesn't seem) too much. The Wings miss that pure sniper on the first line. As I stated earlier, Franzen has peaked and it seems to me is on a downward slope. He has been put on the first line, with no results, Hudler, Cleary, Holmstrom, they have all been on the top line, and they are good players in their own regard, but none of them are that pure sniper that I believe the Red Wings need. Who that player is? I don't know. Is he in our organization? I don't think so, unless someone from GRR is going to get a shot and just take the NHL by storm, but I don't think we have that player in the organization. Marion Hossa was and still is the closest we have had, but even he lacked something and that is part of the reason Holland chose Franzen over Hossa in 2009, but even still, Franzen has yet to be the playoff beast he was in 2008, and here we are nearly 4 years later. He has peaked, its obvious.

How do we go about getting that Sniper? Your guess is as good as mine. Holland isn't gonna trade anyone named Datsyuk or Zetterberg, and pretty much anyone else on our NHL roster will NOT get us that sniper, it will have to be a team looking to rebuild and looking to cut salary and it will cost us a bit of our future. But who and how much of our future? I don't know.

I maintain that the Wings need 3 scoring lines with 3 scoring threats along with a 4th line comprised of Helm and Abdelkader and Eaves. (Eaves seems to be the better of him and Miller, if I had to choose.) Like I said up higher, I am not calling for heads or saying they suck, but right now, someone needs to step up and shake the lineup up, I got a feeling if they fall below .500, Holland will start the phones...

...this game was unacceptable.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#224 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

Well, the issue is, there isn't much Babcock can do with a full healthy roster without some kind of trade. It's way too early to start talking major shake-up, so he just has to work with what he has, which at the moment isn't (or doesn't seem) too much. The Wings miss that pure sniper on the first line.

I meant to same lines instead of lineup. As in why did he start the game with the same lines as the last few games and did he change his lines throughout the game?

But you would've thought that Bruno would get one more crack at it before they waived him just to change something. Give Cleary, Hudler, or Flip a game off and let him try with top six minutes.

#225 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

At least we can say that Howard is definitely not the problem right now. He's been great.

With all the great chances the Wild had, it easily could have been 5-0 if Jim didn't stand on his head.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#226 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

What has been the problem these last 4 games. I haven't gotten to watch a single game because of work and school.

I know the CAPS whooping was just because we didn't show up and they were on a tear but what about the other three? I mean we go on a 5 game tear and then, we lose 4 straight. I am in no way saying our season is over, we are going to miss the playoffs, or that we need to address the goalie situation? I'm just curious, from level headed members, why we are slumping. Line Combos? Defense? Power Play?

What do you guys think?
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#227 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

The Wings have had essentially the same roster for 4-5 years. Maybe the rest of the league just has Detroit figured out? I was really hoping the 2 new assistant coaches would bring something fresh, but overall it seems to be more of the same.

#228 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:32 PM

Each loss was embarrassing in its own way LOL

Caps blow out
jackets first win
losing to the sharks is just painful
getting shutout by the wild

I guess it cant get much worse now...

#229 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

I know it's only the end of October but we went from 1st in the Western conference to 12th ... this is F'king unacceptable :ranting: . Playing with no heart ... someone light a fire under their arses!

#230 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

OMFG WE'RE GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS. WE'RE ALL DOOMED. ABANDON YOUR POSTS! FLEE!! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Do you actually contribute anything? Bury your head in the sand a bit more.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#231 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:04 AM

Ive got to the point that I have to come out and call you a f***IN IDIOT. Either your Will Farrell being the cheerleader or you are straight up clueless.

Seems tha you have a multi stage level of concern...

1. Ehh its one game, lets smoke some weed

2, Ehh its two games, wheres the coke?

3. Ehh its three games, anyone have some oxy?

4. Ehh its four games, I love acid :yowza:

You seriously need to step back and look at the teams play. It is utterly horrific.

You are a perfect employee for the Japanese nuclear power plants... keep believing Itll get better until it doesn't.

We have been OWNED by teams from every level of the league. I wouldnt be suprised to see our power rankings drop into the mid to low twenties this week.

These points count at the end of the season and if we are healthy now what do you forsee happening with injuries? You obviously see into the future and dont seem at all concerned with a loss of 4 easy points and another 4 that could have been ours.

More or less I think youre a retard trying to stir the pot. How bout giving a little insight into why we are "overreacting" when we shouldnt?

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut, 30 October 2011 - 04:05 AM.

I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#232 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:09 AM

Well hell, I've had a busy week and haven't been able to watch games since the Caps blowout last weekend and they go and do this? Now I'm sad :(

Anyway, I can't really comment too much on what's going wrong as I didn't actually see the games, but I will say that I still think we're going to be ok because the team that played those first five games was one of the better teams in the league. We just have to get back to that standard of play.

#233 DRWfan

DRWfan

Right Wing

• 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

With all the great chances the Wild had, it easily could have been 5-0 if Jim didn't stand on his head.

Are you serious? The #1 goalie on the Stanley Cup contender team should let 5 in on 20 shots? The good #1 should not let any in yesterday. The good goalie saves the team when it's in the funk. Who was better against the sharks, their or our goalie? Niemi. Who was better against the wild? Harding (not to mention that he is not #1). What I am trying to say is that we so got used to not having a decent goalie at all that when he stops two or three shots in a row we say that he did a terrific job! There are 30 teams in the league. Please call out the ones who have a less reliable #1 than we do.

Edited by DRWfan, 30 October 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#234 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

Are you serious? The #1 goalie on the Stanley Cup contender team should let 5 in on 20 shots? The good #1 should not let any in yesterday. The good goalie saves the team when it's in the funk. Who was better against the sharks, their or our goalie? Niemi. Who was better against the wild? Harding (not to mention that he is not #1). What I am trying to say is that we so got used to not having a decent goalie at all that when he stops two or three shots in a row we say that he did a terrific job! There are 30 teams in the league. Please call out the ones who have a less reliable #1 than we do.

You can't seriously be harping on a goalie just because he didn't get a shutout.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#235 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

Let me know how many goalies can consistently stop a 50 goal scorer taking a top corner shot without pressure.

Posted Image

#236 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

Jimmy has had to save this team on many occasions. His first season here he was over played because of the Ozzie situation. There is nothing wrong with Howard's play it's the team in front of him that needs to make some major changes. The goaliue cannot win the game for us unless he can start scoring the goals. And we cannot win games if we don't score goals. It's a team sport and yes the goalie is the last line of defense that does not mean he should take the blame for every single loss.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#237 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

You're trying way too hard.

bingo.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#238 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

Didn't get a chance to watch this game so let me take one guess as to what happened.

Logo hunting?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#239 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

No fight = loss.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#240 bentcobra

bentcobra

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

seriously why has our team become the most boring team to watch? ok i missed the first half of the san jose game, which mick kept saying was a great game, but the second half detroit showed very little effort and looked like they got man handled. It seems that we are the ones who are only able to win, during the opposing teams off nights, even if we dominate puck possession when we get in the zone we seldom have good chances at the net, or even come close to getting rebounds and second chances. Blah just such boring boring boring hockey, i find myself watching other hockey games during the week to make up for the lack of intensity in the detroit games