• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Buyers Remorse

Rate this topic

I know it's only been 9 games but Ian White looks terrible, he gets caught pinching constantly, his shots are all over the place, and he just does not seem to have an ability to make a break out pass.

The question arises with so many games left in the season can he turn it around or is this just who he is. I wish him the best, for the Wing's sake and for my own sanity.

But in the mean time does anybody else have a little buyers remorse?

Edited by wings87

Guest blueadams

I know it's only been 9 games but Ian White looks terrible, he gets caught pinching constantly, his shots are all over the place, and he just does not seem to have an ability to make a break out pass.

The question arises with so many games left in the season can he turn it around or is this just who he is. I wish him the best, for the Wing's sake and for my own sanity.

none whatsoever. he's making like half of what ericsson is. and he's probably our third best defenseman. his play has slipped during the losing streak, but so has everyone elses.

Nope. No remorse.

Had to get a replacement for Rafalski and White was/is a great alternative.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

No buyer's remorse. He's been fine and will continue to improve as he gets better adjusted.

However as far as potentially bad signings, Buffalo might be a little worried with the start of Leino. 27 million / 6 years. 1 goal, 1 assist, -4 in 10 games.

Edited by Zetts

Guest 13GoWings40

No buyer's remorse. He's been fine and will continue to improve as he gets better adjusted.

However as far as potentially bad signings, Buffalo might be a little worried with the start of Leino. 27 million / 6 years. 1 goal, 1 assist, -4 in 10 games.

Yeah or Bryzgalov in Philly. I have no issues with the White signing at all.

White is a different type of player than this team is. Ya, he has slipped a bit since the 5-0 start, but liek with any losing streak, you are going to find things to nit pick about with everyone. White not an exception. I hope when Commodore comes back, this team has already turned it back around because then people are gonna start blaming him as well. I think White and Commodore is what this team needs on defense and with the possiblity of Smith being ready next season and the hopeful pursuit of Suter this defense is gonna be a whole lot different next year than in years past. I hope Ericsson changes, but I doubt it and if not, I'm trading him. I'm re-signing Kronwall, Stuart and Commodore as well and if I can, I am trading Kindl

Suter - Kronwall

White - Stuart

Smith - Commodore

I wish we'd gotten Souray instead, with all due respect to Ian White.

He's playing well in Dallas, is a big physical defenseman that we don't have, and has a rocket from the point. I know he's not a right handed shot, but we did fine when Lidstrom and Schneider quarterbacked the powerplay.

Getting Souray was a gamble not many were GM's were willing to take, but Dallas's GM did it and it's paid off so far. That's what good GM's do. Holland has had a few signings like that in the past, but this time I give the nod to Dallas.

Only problem is that Souray has been hurt a lot, so it remains to be seen whether he can hold it up. But it looks like a great move so far for them.

I forgot to mention. The ladies in the water cooler section would love him.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Rediculous...

How is it ridicules, it's not like he's making chump change, and he was supposed to play with Lidstrom. Personally I like the guy but from what I've seen he is not a top d-man.

I hope to cripes we start winning soon so these damn threads will stop popping up. dry.gif

What does this have to do with losing it's not like he was a godsend the first five games.

Attention everyone in this thread, it's spelled "ridiculous". Carry on...

esteef

Although it's allowed if you're saying RE. f***in. DICULOUS.

Speaking of ridiculous, buyer's remorse for Ian White? Nope. He was the best choice for the money at that moment. He hasn't been perfect, but he's replacing Rafalski, who would have been worse for more money had he not taken the high road and retired when he realized he wasn't able to be the 6 Million Dollar Man.

none whatsoever. he's making like half of what ericsson is. and he's probably our third best defenseman. his play has slipped during the losing streak, but so has everyone elses.

He's making 2.875 million to Ericsson's 3.25 million, so $375,000 less than E. Not $1.6 million less.

Although it's allowed if you're saying RE. f***in. DICULOUS.

Speaking of ridiculous, buyer's remorse for Ian White? Nope. He was the best choice for the money at that moment. He hasn't been perfect, but he's replacing Rafalski, who would have been worse for more money had he not taken the high road and retired when he realized he wasn't able to be the 6 Million Dollar Man.

Just because he was the best choice, on the Free Agent market, doesn't mean you can't regret spending 3 mil of your cap space on him.

I hope it changes but right now he looks slow for the type of game the wings like to play.

Edited by wings87

Speaking of ridiculous, buyer's remorse for Ian White? Nope. He was the best choice for the money at that moment.

Agreed. I think we got a pretty good deal on him. They even mentioned in the game the other night the the Sharks were pretty surprised by the contract amount White signed here, and one of the reasons they didn't try to re-sign him themselves was because they thought he was going to want a lot more than he signed here for.

I wish we'd gotten Souray instead, with all due respect to Ian White.

He's playing well in Dallas, is a big physical defenseman that we don't have, and has a rocket from the point. I know he's not a right handed shot, but we did fine when Lidstrom and Schneider quarterbacked the powerplay.

Getting Souray was a gamble not many were GM's were willing to take, but Dallas's GM did it and it's paid off so far. That's what good GM's do. Holland has had a few signings like that in the past, but this time I give the nod to Dallas.

Only problem is that Souray has been hurt a lot, so it remains to be seen whether he can hold it up. But it looks like a great move so far for them.

I forgot to mention. The ladies in the water cooler section would love him.

I was surprised to see him fight Chris Stewart early in the year, knowing he's got glass hands. GM Joe Nieuwendyuk is looking smart right about now.

I don't think White has looked horrible. I think Stuart has looked particularly bad.

It's awful doom and gloom around here. It's a 4 game slide. Things need to be shaken up, and we'll be fine.

I've loved White's play, hes one of the few that actually pinch in and rotate the offense. He plays an offensive defenseman well. He may have pinched a couple times and let his man get past him, but he has Lidstrom with him to pick them up. He fits perfectly with Lidstrom.

Agreed.

To think our woes are to be blamed upon the recently signed #4 Dman on this team is pretty silly.

White is absolutely not to blame for us playing like crap the last for games, nor is he the reason we won the first five. He is just one piece of the puzzle, and a piece that so far has not fit.

I hope he just has to get comfortable, but we'll see.

The only 'remorse' that I would have for a guy that I didn't want them to sign in the first place is that he was supposed to provide a physical presence, and he hasn't done so at all. He has five hits in nine games - fewest on the D and one fewer than Lidstrom.

He's an adequate #4-5-6 defenceman, but we needed something better than that to replace Rafalski.

The only 'remorse' that I would have for a guy that I didn't want them to sign in the first place is that he was supposed to provide a physical presence, and he hasn't done so at all. He has five hits in nine games - fewest on the D and one fewer than Lidstrom.

He's an adequate #4-5-6 defenceman, but we needed something better than that to replace Rafalski.

I'll take White at his salary vs Raffi at his, Ian's pretty darn good with what he brings to the table. He moves the puck well, handles the puck well, loves to shoot, feeds nice passes and plays with passion. Not to mention consistency is his forte, Babs mentioned it last game when saying "he brings it every night". Ian White is playing like a #3-4 right now a #5-6, and I watched White play for years and never saw too much physical presence from the guy but he's certainly not affraid to go head first (pun intended) into the dirty places thats for sure. The physical presence on our D core would be Kronner, Big E, Commy and Stuart imo but White certainly could end up being our D's unsung hero by the end of this year

Guest Crymson

White is doing great. He's producing, he's gritty, and his diving face-block to save a goal will go down as one of the team's best plays this season.

Yeah, because he's replacing Mr. "Hitting Machine" Brian Rafalski. Also, do feel free to rag on Holland for not finding an imaginary Rafalski replacement in last offseason's VERY DEEP free-agent pool.

Edited by Crymson