49 replies to this topic

#41 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

lol at OP having a -30.

White has looked great so far in my opinion. Glad we signed him!

#42 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

So you think Wiz is kicking himself now? He's on a team that is out of the playoffs and still has to play 60 more meaningless games in front of half empty arenas. Good job Wiz, you got your payday, now you have to live with your decision.

Yea. Also didn't Wiz say something anti Red Wings before he signed with Columbus?
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#43 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

He was always my favorite player on the Leafs, people said he sucked here in Calgary and he was slow in San Jose, and blah blah blah. He's ripping it up, and playing great for us. Such a good deal at the time it was signed, and even better now :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#44 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Yea. Also didn't Wiz say something anti Red Wings before he signed with Columbus?

Yea, basically claimed Detroit Red Wings lowballs there offers. Glad we got White at a huge discount, he skates really really well and shoots pretty good. I believe the other day they said White already achieved the same amount of goals so far this year than he did last year on 2 different teams. I think he enjoys playing for Detroit and along Lidstrom.

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#45 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Yea, basically claimed Detroit Red Wings lowballs there offers. Glad we got White at a huge discount, he skates really really well and shoots pretty good. I believe the other day they said White already achieved the same amount of goals so far this year than he did last year on 2 different teams. I think he enjoys playing for Detroit and along Lidstrom.

Right, thanks.

I don't think the Wings low balled him, they just knew what he was worth.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#46 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

White's market value was not very high.

#47 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

Ian White=Stud

#48 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

So you think Wiz is kicking himself now? He's on a team that is out of the playoffs and still has to play 60 more meaningless games in front of half empty arenas. Good job Wiz, you got your payday, now you have to live with your decision.

I'm sure he's cool being a young rich dude.

#49 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

White's market value was not very high.

It's because he was undervalued. Put up 36 points then 26 points while being tossed around to three teams and finished his season with 9 points in 17 playoff games for the Sharks last season. I'm glad he took below market value instead of follow the dollars. he's a real team player and a very under appreciated guy, even before he suited up for the Wings.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#50 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

One of the best contracts on this team, and I might be biased, but the best FA signing last summer in terms of fairness of cap hit. Great get by Kenny. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.