• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Kronwall signed to seven-year deal

Rate this topic

Any one hear the yearly salary breakdown yet?

Bob Mckenzie tweeted it was 7 years at $4.75M/yr so for anyone who is questioning if it's fact you can pretty much take Mckenzie to the bank.

Dreger tweet:

Kronwall breakdown yrs. 1) SB $1.25 + $3.25 mil. Years 2-4..$6 mil. Year 5) $5.5. Year 6) $3.5. Year 7) $1.75. Full NTC for 1st 5 yrs.

Last 2 years hes trade able but picked 10 teams he would go to.

Edited by Din758

If this is true I forgive Kenny for the Ericsson contract. Unbelievable steal! Which also raises some eyebrows, perhaps Kenny expressed his interest in finding a new defense partner next season?

I imagine that was part of the conversation for sure.

The man wants to be a Red Wing forever. I couldn't be more pleased. What a steal! Good job, Kenny!! :thumbup:

The whole crop of post-Yzerman era Wings have really showed a lot of loyalty to the organization. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kronwall, Cleary, etc. They're a great crew for sure.

So wicked. Leaving tons of money for Suter or Coburn. Or, if Stuart heads to California, both. Now, get rid of Ericsson.

Sorry about the Blueadams, but I'm excited.

Suter / Kronwall

Coburn / Smith

Kindl / White

OR

Suter / Kronwall

Stuart / Smith

Kindl / White

OR, Lidstrom returns at 5M for one last kick at the can.

Suter / Kronwall

Lidstrom / Smith

Kindl / White

:cool:

Just curious; Has anyone ever heard of an owner getting busted for paying a player additional money under the table. Seems like there could be so many ways to funnel money under the table to players to keep the team under the cap.

Something like what the politicians do all the time. Cash, or paying for kids college or use of the team plane to a free condo in the Carribean (ha ha) , deposits in off shore bank accounts, or...

Anyone ever heard of anything?

Just curious; Has anyone ever heard of an owner getting busted for paying a player additional money under the table. Seems like there could be so many ways to funnel money under the table to players to keep the team under the cap.

Something like what the politicians do all the time. Cash, or paying for kids college or use of the team plane to a free condo in the Carribean (ha ha) , deposits in off shore bank accounts, or...

Anyone ever heard of anything?

Puck Daddy

Awesome. It'll be interesting too see how much it is. He's capable of unbeliavable things but still he's scored over 40 points just once in his career. This contract starts when Kronwall is 31 years old.

He had 51 points in 08-09.

The cap hit is nice but I take it as they are still looking for that one guy to anchor the defenseman once Lidstrom retires. Pretty much a franchise level defenseman and with the cap they are saving I wouldn't doubt if it they find someone.

About this contract I have mixed emotions still. It's an awesome cap hit but Kronwall has only had two seasons in which he played in over 75 games. I guess that might have been why he agreed to this contract. I guess we shall see in 3 or 4 years if his health can hold up over the years.

He had 51 points in 08-09.

The cap hit is nice but I take it as they are still looking for that one guy to anchor the defenseman once Lidstrom retires. Pretty much a franchise level defenseman and with the cap they are saving I wouldn't doubt if it they find someone.

About this contract I have mixed emotions still. It's an awesome cap hit but Kronwall has only had two seasons in which he played in over 75 games. I guess that might have been why he agreed to this contract. I guess we shall see in 3 or 4 years if his health can hold up over the years.

Agreed. Great signing in terms of cap hit and adding stability to the Wings blueline for the next several years. The only real gamble is Kronwall's health. Hopefully his injury prone years are behind him. All in all, great signing.

Edited by haroldsnepsts