• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Kronwall signed to seven-year deal

Rate this topic

depending on the new cba, the wings can now re-sign stuart, a top 6 forward, give helm and abdelkader a raise, and keep lidstrom or replace him with an elite defenseman. based on that i say this is a great deal.

heres potential ufa defensemen http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2 id say kronwall is top 5 on that list and could've gotten 1-1.5 mil/year more on the open market.

Are we sure we want to keep Stuart. If he keeps playing like he has been... :huh:

Anyway, assuming this is Lidstrom's last year, I'd like to see one of the following take his place:

*Shea Weber

*Ryan Suter

*Tim Gleason

Unless Commodore really impresses, we'll go after someone else, or have Smith take his spot?

X-Kronwall

White-Stuart(?)

Ericsson-Kindl/Smith

As far as forwards go, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom could hang em up after this year, and who knows if Hudler will stay. Say we part ways with Cleary. Of course, I'd like to see Parise here. I'd rather get a younger guy than continuing with the older guys that won't be around for much longer than a year. Mursak and Nyquist could slide right into Bert and Homer's spots. Way too early to tell for sure, though. I'd like to see us snag a veteran guy for the bottom 6 that can play a regular shift. Travis Moen would be ideal. Just tossing it out there.

For fun:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filppula-Parise-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Mursak-Moen

-Emmerton

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros