• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

Awesome! Making almost Leino-money, eh? I approve.
Burke.gif

#22 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

Awesome! Making almost Leino-money, eh? I approve.

Lmao.
RIP #24

#23 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,827 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

He'd get $6m+ easy on the free market. If the $4.75m cap hit is true, then this is a great signing in my book.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#24 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

Awesome. Anyone know how the rules govern this contract off hand? I don't feel like looking them up.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#25 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

indeed this is a greaet greaet job by Kenny. Now only if we could get rid of that Ericson contract...

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

If this is true I forgive Kenny for the Ericsson contract. Unbelievable steal! Which also raises some eyebrows, perhaps Kenny expressed his interest in finding a new defense partner next season?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

Any one hear the yearly salary breakdown yet?

Bob Mckenzie tweeted it was 7 years at $4.75M/yr so for anyone who is questioning if it's fact you can pretty much take Mckenzie to the bank.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#28 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

CBC just reported that the reason why Kronwall agreed to such a small cap hit was that Holland makes Ericsson to buy Kronwall a new house.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#29 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Any one hear the yearly salary breakdown yet?

Bob Mckenzie tweeted it was 7 years at $4.75M/yr so for anyone who is questioning if it's fact you can pretty much take Mckenzie to the bank.

Dreger tweet:

Kronwall breakdown yrs. 1) SB $1.25 + $3.25 mil. Years 2-4..$6 mil. Year 5) $5.5. Year 6) $3.5. Year 7) $1.75. Full NTC for 1st 5 yrs.

Last 2 years hes trade able but picked 10 teams he would go to.

Edited by Din758, 31 October 2011 - 09:56 AM.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#30 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

If this is true I forgive Kenny for the Ericsson contract. Unbelievable steal! Which also raises some eyebrows, perhaps Kenny expressed his interest in finding a new defense partner next season?

I imagine that was part of the conversation for sure.
RIP #24

#31 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Seems like a great deal tbh. Great job once again Kenny :thumbup:

#32 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

Very, very good news. Now hopefully we keep Bruno in the system today as well...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#33 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

The man wants to be a Red Wing forever. I couldn't be more pleased. What a steal! Good job, Kenny!! :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#34 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

Wonderful news!!!!! Way to go Kenny

#35 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

The man wants to be a Red Wing forever. I couldn't be more pleased. What a steal! Good job, Kenny!! :thumbup:

The whole crop of post-Yzerman era Wings have really showed a lot of loyalty to the organization. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kronwall, Cleary, etc. They're a great crew for sure.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#36 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

So wicked. Leaving tons of money for Suter or Coburn. Or, if Stuart heads to California, both. Now, get rid of Ericsson.

Sorry about the Blueadams, but I'm excited.

Suter / Kronwall
Coburn / Smith
Kindl / White

OR

Suter / Kronwall
Stuart / Smith
Kindl / White

OR, Lidstrom returns at 5M for one last kick at the can.

Suter / Kronwall
Lidstrom / Smith
Kindl / White

:cool:
  • Ram likes this
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#37 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Not really sure how anyone could see this as a bad signing at that cap hit.

Good job Kenny.

Now Wings, how about we win a game?
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#38 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

Just curious; Has anyone ever heard of an owner getting busted for paying a player additional money under the table. Seems like there could be so many ways to funnel money under the table to players to keep the team under the cap.

Something like what the politicians do all the time. Cash, or paying for kids college or use of the team plane to a free condo in the Carribean (ha ha) , deposits in off shore bank accounts, or...

Anyone ever heard of anything?

#39 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

Kenny is a wizard, we all knew that! What a great price for an underrated d-man. :thumbup:

Edited by Jusek, 31 October 2011 - 11:09 AM.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#40 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

Just curious; Has anyone ever heard of an owner getting busted for paying a player additional money under the table. Seems like there could be so many ways to funnel money under the table to players to keep the team under the cap.

Something like what the politicians do all the time. Cash, or paying for kids college or use of the team plane to a free condo in the Carribean (ha ha) , deposits in off shore bank accounts, or...

Anyone ever heard of anything?

Puck Daddy

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |