• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

depending on the new cba, the wings can now re-sign stuart, a top 6 forward, give helm and abdelkader a raise, and keep lidstrom or replace him with an elite defenseman. based on that i say this is a great deal.

heres potential ufa defensemen http://capgeek.com/f...=D&fa_type_id=2 id say kronwall is top 5 on that list and could've gotten 1-1.5 mil/year more on the open market.

Are we sure we want to keep Stuart. If he keeps playing like he has been... :huh:

Anyway, assuming this is Lidstrom's last year, I'd like to see one of the following take his place:

*Shea Weber
*Ryan Suter
*Tim Gleason

Unless Commodore really impresses, we'll go after someone else, or have Smith take his spot?

X-Kronwall
White-Stuart(?)
Ericsson-Kindl/Smith

As far as forwards go, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom could hang em up after this year, and who knows if Hudler will stay. Say we part ways with Cleary. Of course, I'd like to see Parise here. I'd rather get a younger guy than continuing with the older guys that won't be around for much longer than a year. Mursak and Nyquist could slide right into Bert and Homer's spots. Way too early to tell for sure, though. I'd like to see us snag a veteran guy for the bottom 6 that can play a regular shift. Travis Moen would be ideal. Just tossing it out there.

For fun:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen
Filppula-Parise-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves
Miller-Mursak-Moen
-Emmerton

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 02 November 2011 - 02:29 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#102 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:31 AM

Kronwall seems to really shooting the puck well this season, the last time I can remember him firing in lasers like this was 09-10, right before he got injured.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#103 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

I think we're all underestimating the value of Kronner. It wouldn't have been good if he left.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman