• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

What's the Next Roster Move?

Rate this topic

Fabian Brunnstrom cleared waivers and was assigned to GR. This leaves the Wings with a 22 man roster (with Mursak on IR). What move does every one think is next for the Wings' roster? Call up Nyquist? Conner? Smith (to serve suspension)?

It will likely be Smith to serve out his suspension.

After that, Brunnstrom probably gets called back up he would be exempt from re-entry as he would not have played 10 NHL games or spent 30 days on an NHL roster since clearing. Brunnstrom is exempt from re-entry at any point this season due to this rule, assuming he stays in Grand Rapids.

I'm not sure if I agree with the Nyquist recall. I feel like Conner has made Nyquist look a little better than he is this past AHL season. But, I'm still excited to see him play.

so you would rather have an AHL journeyman up instead of a kid who has a huge future with the wings?

Bring up Nike, hes been toying with guys in the AHL, looks way too good for that league if you ask me.

Can anyone who watches a lot of Griffins elaborate on this? He's #6 in the AHL for rookie scoring, but he only has half the points of the AHL overall leader.

so you would rather have an AHL journeyman up instead of a kid who has a huge future with the wings?

I don't know. Based on what I've seen in GR I'd say Conner deserves a short NHL stint a little more than Nyquist. Have you seen him? He's been red hot. It's probably another "asset management" type of situation going on here where they can lose Conner to re-entry waivers if they risk it.

Can anyone who watches a lot of Griffins elaborate on this? He's #6 in the AHL for rookie scoring, but he only has half the points of the AHL overall leader.

I've only been to 1 game so far this year, but you knew when he was on the ice. He was seemingly never out of position and played intelligently.

lose Conner to re-entry waivers

And why is that a big deal?

Of bottom-six players, he's about 8th on the depth chart in the Wings' organization. And he's tiny. No big loss if he gets claimed. Speaking of which, he didn't get claimed at the beginning of the year; not sure if the "recently exposed to waivers" exemption would still apply to him but it might. I think it does because I don't recall Janik having to clear waivers to be called up and Janik has far more NHL experience.