• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

I think we'll see a return to three scoring lines. Nyquist can play in the top-6, but I don't think he should/will get top-6 minutes in his first NHL game. IMO he should play with Abby or Bert for his first game(s) just in case...

Huds- Dats- Cleary
Mule- Z- Bert
Nyquist- Flip- Abby
Eaves- Helm- Homer

I also hope for these lines.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#22 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

would have rather had smith serve the suspension while we are pretty much healthy, but hopefully this will provide some kind of boost knowing that players can be waived like brunnstrom and replaced by prospects.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#23 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Nyquist has long since been my favourite Wings prospect but you can't help but feel a bit bad for Brunnstrom. Babcock has repeatedly said Brunnstrom is/could be a top 6 forward in this league. I realize he hasn't played this year but if Nyquist is being brought up and will get time on a top two line you'd think Brunnstrom woudl have made his way into a similar spot at least once.

Now that what's done is done I cant wait to see Nyquist. I would like to see the following lines:

Filppula - Datsyuk - Hudler
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi
Eaves - Abdelkader - Miller
Emmerton, Holmstrom (night off)

Or you could play Holmstrom in for Miller to give you more options on the PP.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#24 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Filppula/Datsyuk/Hudler
Nyquist/Zetterberg/Franzen

You know it's coming.

Nyquist has long since been my favourite Wings prospect but you can't help but feel a bit bad for Brunnstrom. Babcock has repeatedly said Brunnstrom is/could be a top 6 forward in this league. I realize he hasn't played this year but if Nyquist is being brought up and will get time on a top two line you'd think Brunnstrom woudl have made his way into a similar spot at least once.

Now that what's done is done I cant wait to see Nyquist. I would like to see the following lines:

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Posted Image
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#25 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Babcock likes to have a net-front presence on each line, so I'm not sure if he would play Flip- Dats- Huds. Also, the line of Cleary- Abby- Bert was great in the playoffs last year, so IMO Abby would get the nod over Helm for that line. However, with all of the line changes recently, who knows what will happen.

#26 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

I think we'll see a return to three scoring lines. Nyquist can play in the top-6, but I don't think he should/will get top-6 minutes in his first NHL game. IMO he should play with Abby or Bert for his first game(s) just in case...

Huds- Dats- Cleary
Mule- Z- Bert
Nyquist- Flip- Abby
Eaves- Helm- Homer

No, no no. Cleary doesn't deserve first line minutes right now.

Flip - Datsyuk - Franzen
Huds - Z - Nyqvist

#27 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Filppula/Datsyuk/Hudler

You know it's coming.

I hope so to be honest, that would be awesome.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#28 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

I also hope for these lines.

Babs has already made it clear that Nyquist would play on top two lines
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#29 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

I want cleary benched for the game. Other than that I would like to see Babs try this, at least to start the game:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Franzen
Nyuist- Fil- Hudler
Bert- Helm- Cleary
Eaves- Abs- Homer

Lidstrom- White
Kronners- Kindl
Stu- Ericson

#30 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Babs has already made it clear that Nyquist would play on top two lines

Coach Mike Babcock said he hadn't decided who Nyquist will play with, but he'll more than likely play on a top-two line with skilled players.

It's unclear from the quote (assuming you are referring to this one) if Babcock said Nyquist is likely to be in the top-6, or if Khan inferred it from talking to Babcock.

#31 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Filppula/Datsyuk/Hudler

You know it's coming.

I like it.
RIP #24

#32 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Filppula/Datsyuk/Hudler

You know it's coming.

my only problem is the top line doesnt have cleary/franzen/tuzzi/homer on it. if gus does well i have a feeling huds may get the shaft this year. huds needs to be in the top 6 to perform and he may be the odd ball out of the top 6.

#33 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

He should be here to stay. This kid is talented, he showed it in the preseason, he was a stud in college and he was playing great in the minors. Hope to see the best from him and for him to STAY in the line-up. We've finally got a young kid who could be a stud, get him next to Z and some powerplay time and we'll be talking :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#34 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

Filppula - Datsyuk - Holmstrom/Bertuzzi (the other scratched)
Nyquist - Z - Franzen
Cleary - Helm - Hudler
Abdelkader - Emmerton - Eaves

Miller

Hopefully Nyquist can provide a spark to the top six.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#35 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

Filppula/Datsyuk/Hudler

You know it's coming.

Hudler won't be on a top two line.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Nyquist
Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi
Holmstrom-Abdelkader/Emmerton-Eaves

All or nothing on the top line. We are going to have a serious problem when mursak is healthy.... i foresee a trade....perhaps for a dman.....

Its just so hard to sit anyone on that lineup other than Emmerton. Unless huds sat. Cleary has been garbage on the top line and its time for that experiment to be over. He is on his ass on the ice all the time when playing against top players.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

All or nothing on the top line. We are going to have a serious problem when mursak is healthy.... i foresee a trade....perhaps for a dman.....

Its just so hard to sit anyone on that lineup other than Emmerton. Unless huds sat. Cleary has been garbage on the top line and its time for that experiment to be over. He is on his ass on the ice all the time when playing against top players.

Personally I would break up all the lines in order to get something going. A Helm-Datsyuk-Franzen line would be something I'd play around with. Helm might not be offensively gifted but all he would need to do is give the puck to Datsyuk.

#38 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen
Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

We're set on D. It'd probably be for a pick.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#39 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Hope he gets a real shot to stay up. Exactly what the team needs.

#40 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

Personally I would break up all the lines in order to get something going. A Helm-Datsyuk-Franzen line would be something I'd play around with. Helm might not be offensively gifted but all he would need to do is give the puck to Datsyuk.

Helm wouldn't be able to play his style with Datsyuk.