• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/1 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Everybody caffeine up! We're playing the Wild tonight. :zzz:

We should start a pool on when they go into the 1-2-2. Just after the opening faceoff?

Hopefully the Wings can come out with energy and toughness in spite of the Wild's style of play, which sucks the life out of most hockey games....

And for chrissakes, go hard to the net!!

Go get 'em Nyquist! Show these spoiled veterans how it's done (I'm looking at you Franzen).

And the Jiri Hudler watch continues. How many times have they been down this road with him?

I'm not going to predict anything because they really should have won at least one of the last four (Minny, Columbus were winnable). But if there is a loss here, they're going to have do to a bit more to change things up than scratch the whipping boy.

Hmm, Hudler in the press box?

After not getting a shot on goal in four games, I'm shocked he didn't get put on the top line like some had predicted.

I like Huds overall, but his quotes about being benched were a little annoying. Yes, we get that you're a playmaker, but shouldn't it be clear to you by now the Wings want you to shoot the f-ing puck more??

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I'm a fan of the Hudler benching, even though I'm not a huge Hudler hater. He hasn't had a shot on goal in the last four games and has been responsible for numerous failures to continue a forecheck, still looks really soft along the boards in the offensive zone.

Too bad really, I've always rooted for the guy.

And the Jiri Hudler watch continues. How many times have they been down this road with him?

I'm not going to predict anything because they really should have won at least one of the last four (Minny, Columbus were winnable). But if there is a loss here, they're going to have do to a bit more to change things up than scratch the whipping boy.

For starters it appears Flip has been demoted to third line duties, so that's a start in the mixing-things-up department.

Too bad for Huds being scratched. Look out for eva on suicide watch indeed. Guess that means Huds in the doghouse as of now. Sort of surprised Cleary wasn't the one scratched but oh well. Go Wings Go! We need a win come on BOYZ :thumbup:

I don't think Cleary has looked great, but he kills penalties, can play on the power play, and is a pretty solid two way forward. Despite his offensive talents, Hudler is small and slow. If he's not creating offense, he doesn't have much to contribute otherwise.

And in the article about it, Babs agreed with Hudler that he's probably not the only one who should be watching from the press box tonight. It's just that not every player has a guy like Nyquist behind them hoping for ice time.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I don't think Cleary has looked great, but he kills penalties, can play on the power play, and is a pretty solid two way forward. Despite his offensive talents, Hudler is small and slow. If he's not creating offense, he doesn't have much to contribute otherwise.

And in the article about it, Babs agreed with Hudler that he's probably not the only one who should be watching from the press box tonight. It's just that not every player has a guy like Nyquist behind them hoping for ice time.

I agree totally. I'm liking the line combos as of now with Nyquist on the second line. Super excited on playing the Wild tonight since my roommate and all his friends are going to be over our house tonight cause well they're Wild fans.

If I was Helm, I would be pissed that I got demoted to the 4th line. especially, with all of the current underachievers ( Cleary, Bertuzzi,Zetterberg,Abdelkader)

If we're trying to shake up the roster, why not put in the guy who has at least earned 2nd line minutes?

Bold prediction: the 4th line leads us to a win tonight.

Edited by HelmFan

I finally get to watch a full game tonight since my work schedule seemed to always have me working when they were playing. Time to forget the past 4 games and focus tonight on getting a win. Get it done boys!

Wings 4 (Z, Lids, Kronwall, Nyquist)

Wild 2 (Setoguchi, Koivu)

Hudler scratched? Uh..... :yahoo:

ANyhow, I guess Babcock is serious about shaking something up, I sure wish we'd see Commodore soon. Are we sure that Franzen is gonna center Gus and Bert? Seems like a lot of scorers...

...I'd like to see the Eaves - Helm - Cleary line reunited and put Filppula on Datsyuk's wing. I guess if we are going with that Franzen line then lets see how these would work...

Flip - Dats- Zetts

Gus - Franz - Bert

Eaves - Helm - Cleary

Miller - Abby - Holmer

If I was Helm, I would be pissed that I got demoted to the 4th line. especially, with all of the current underachievers ( Cleary, Bertuzzi,Zetterberg,Abdelkader)

If we're trying to shake up the roster, why not put in the guy who has at least earned 2nd line minutes?

Bold prediction: the 4th line leads us to a win tonight.

How has Helm been outperforming Abby this season? They have the same amount of points, Abby has more than double Helm's hits, and Abby has more shots on goal. Abby has 5 more PIM, but those came from a fight (that he dominated).