• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/1 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

And by a lot you mean primary scoring only?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. PP not looking so hot. While we cycle the puck well in the offensive zone...we just don't seem to have guys getting some speed toward the net and getting open for really good scoring chances. Multiple people on multiple lines just floating around. I think we got screwed by the refs tonight, but a few of those were legitimate calls on the Wings, and they were given to us because players were playing lazy. I thought we were just under-achieving these last few losses, which we tend to do from time-to-time, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not gonna overact or throw a fit or anything, but I just have a general feeling of malaise about this team right now.

Hopefully we can get back on track on Thursday...or Iginla will finally have his breakout first game of the year and hattrick us.

LOL @ all the "elbowing" posts.

the wings didn't play well, and took about 200 penalties that were all both legit and unnecessary?

does that help?

The PK played excellent and the Wings had many chances. Harding had another great game, and IMO the Wings got screwed on the last play. The Wings weren't outplayed- they just took bad penalties. To me, playing well and taking penalties are not mutually exclusive.

Well, unlike the other night in Minnesota, I thought the defense was very good tonight. The tying goal was just one of those things. Those blind hail mary wristers from the point will go in sometimes. And the less said about the winning goal, the better.

The refs dropped the ball and Harding stood on his head, but the Wings have got to find a way to beat him. Or, well, I guess not anymore. Thank god they're done with Minny for a good long while.

The defense wasn't bad, it just seems we're always in bad position in those end of the game tying goal scenarios and, damn it's frustrating to watch haha.

But the main thing is, I don't wanna see Harding ever again. When we're looking for a backup next offseason we gotta grab this guy so he can't beat us by himself anymore :lol:

Considering how the Red Wings have played the last five games, this might be more appropriate:

Haha well at least watching the replay with that playing overtop makes it a little enjoyable. It should just play on the rink PA every time Hudler gets on the ice.

Koivu jumped into Kronwall and he didn't even have the puck. Charge, interference-take your pick.

as I referenced earlier, that play has been called interference all season long....prior to this year it was a battle for the puck, but this year they have been calling the penalty. Nice time to go back to the old rule refs...oh well, we need to score more goals! 5 in 5 is horrible.

just phone it in next game boys....only start trying when you get behind...good strategy! How did that work out for you the last 5 games?

We can blame it on the refs all we want but there are so may guys on this team that are just out in left field.

I still believe this team is capable of so much more but it's going to take more than just adjusting the lines.

as I referenced earlier, that play has been called interference all season long....prior to this year it was a battle for the puck, but this year they have been calling the penalty. Nice time to go back to the old rule refs...

I don't mind a battle for the puck, but he clearly jumped into Nik. It was definitely a charge if it wasn't interference, which I think it was also anyways.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

That's just the tip of the iceberg. PP not looking so hot. While we cycle the puck well in the offensive zone...we just don't seem to have guys getting some speed toward the net and getting open for really good scoring chances. Multiple people on multiple lines just floating around. I think we got screwed by the refs tonight, but a few of those were legitimate calls on the Wings, and they were given to us because players were playing lazy. I thought we were just under-achieving these last few losses, which we tend to do from time-to-time, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not gonna overact or throw a fit or anything, but I just have a general feeling of malaise about this team right now.

Hopefully we can get back on track on Thursday...or Iginla will finally have his breakout first game of the year and hattrick us.

Our Goaltending and defense both have been really good. Take out every team's worst game and we have the 3rd lowest GA in the league. The only thing we need to do is get our offense back going again. So again, there's not a whole lot wrong with this team besides lacking offense at this current moment.

This thread will get the most posts for a GDT by far so far this season.

As well it should. You can argue whether some of the penalties we took were legit or not, the main point is that we managed yet again, only 1 goal. That's not going to win you a lot of games. Just like you don't win a lot of baseball games scoring only 1 run, or many football games with just a field goal or touchdown. You kinda sorta need to do more than the bare minimum.

Guest stinky fish taco

You people are crazy if you don't think all the penalties decided this game.

i agree. the red wings shouldn't have committed them.

good call.

I don't mind a battle for the puck, but he clearly jumped into Nik. It was definitely a charge if it wasn't interference, which I think it was also anyways.

It was absolutely interference and it wasn't even close. Howard also got run into on the save right before that -- which should have been a penalty given the Franzen call.

That said, this team is brutal to watch right now.

As much as I'm pissed now, I'll be even more pissed in a few minutes, when Babcock, once again, refuses to call out the refs. I'm sure he makes enough money to, just once, let these clowns have real good (bad?). It might even be good therapy for the team.

Kronwall got dummy'd and the Wings got owned by the Wild, don't blame the refs start pointing fingers at the lack of offense.

I don't want to see Holmstrom next game, Bert either, bring up some guys that can skate.

Guest Heaten

As well it should. You can argue whether some of the penalties we took were legit or not, the main point is that we managed yet again, only 1 goal. That's not going to win you a lot of games. Just like you don't win a lot of baseball games scoring only 1 run, or many football games with just a field goal or touchdown. You kinda sorta need to do more than the bare minimum.

Hard to score goals when you can only ice 4 skaters against their 5 skaters.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wow

i thought the wings had this one in the bag...but then the wild score with 1 minute left...

then they score in ot...talk about a heartbreaker..geez now they have 5 straight losses

better rebound and play better on thursday against Iggy Pop and the Calgary Flames :banana:

oh and Electrophile rules :banana: :banana:

Oh, I definitely agree with you, I was just saying how it USED to be a battle for the puck prior to this year. This year the refs have been calling that same play interference all the time. Should have been interference.