• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/1 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

As much as I'm pissed now, I'll be even more pissed in a few minutes, when Babcock, once again, refuses to call out the refs. I'm sure he makes enough money to, just once, let these clowns have real good (bad?). It might even be good therapy for the team.

You get fined for calling out refs and depending on what you say you can get suspended as a coach.

Hard to score goals when you can only ice 4 skaters against their 5 skaters.

Hard, but not impossible. There is such a thing as shorthanded goals. However, it wasn't until the 3rd period that we started getting hammered with penalties, so there was plenty more time during the game when it was 5 on 5 that we did jack s***. Harding is a good goaltender, but he's not Gump Worsley. He can be scored on.

Our Goaltending and defense both have been really good. Take out every team's worst game and we have the 3rd lowest GA in the league. The only thing we need to do is get our offense back going again. So again, there's not a whole lot wrong with this team besides lacking offense at this current moment.

Agreed. Jimmy's been great.

I still think we have a problem with flow reversal in our zone, and with outlet passes from time-to-time....that may be me just focusing on Kindl, though.

As well it should. You can argue whether some of the penalties we took were legit or not, the main point is that we managed yet again, only 1 goal. That's not going to win you a lot of games. Just like you don't win a lot of baseball games scoring only 1 run, or many football games with just a field goal or touchdown. You kinda sorta need to do more than the bare minimum.

Agreed. Something really needs to be done to shake this team up. I'm not calling for a blockbuster deal, yikes. I figured after 3 games, we'd get back on track, but 5 in a row signals something isn't right.

wow

i thought the wings had this one in the bag...but then the wild score with 1 minute left...

then they score in ot...talk about a heartbreaker..geez now they have 5 straight losses

better rebound and play better on thursday against Iggy Pop and the Calgary Flames :banana:

oh and Electrophile rules :banana: :banana:

LOL, thanks. Somehow, the dancing bananas lessen the sting of this loss. :lol:

amongst all the suck on this team Nick Lidstrom remains an absolute boss

This is an authentic statement.

He seems even more active on the power play this season than last. I had said a couple weeks ago it was more his style to stay back while Kronwall did all the roaming but now it seems all that's been turned on it's head again. Who knows what the next decade will bring as he continues to re-invent himself. :D

Guest stinky fish taco

any of the posters making those hilarious joke posts during the sharks loss still think this is funny?

this team has very real problems.

However, it wasn't until the 3rd period that we started getting hammered with penalties, so there was plenty more time during the game when it was 5 on 5 that we did jack s***.

Penalties were 2-3-3-1 over the first, second, third and OT....pretty evenly spaced....you're right though, we need to score MUCH more.

Guest Shoreline

Because refs are perfect.

Good call.

Do what I (and a number of other posters who realize he has no useful contributions) did, friend, blacklist the troll.

Edited by Shoreline

any of the posters making those hilarious joke posts during the sharks loss still think this is funny?

this team has very real problems.

Nah, this team doesn't have problems, they are just getting ready for the jump to the Eastern Conference were the teams are as good... :ninja:

Either the guys on the current roster start scoring of this team will be .500 at best. Yea, there's some room to make a trade but one guy isn't going to magically turn the Wings into a 5 goal a game team. They're paying Datsyuk, Z, Bertuzzi, Franzen, etc. to put goal up and right now, no one is doing it.

There are no quick fixes outside. The guys on the team now have to step up or forget it.

Guest Heaten

Hard, but not impossible. There is such a thing as shorthanded goals. However, it wasn't until the 3rd period that we started getting hammered with penalties, so there was plenty more time during the game when it was 5 on 5 that we did jack s***. Harding is a good goaltender, but he's not Gump Worsley. He can be scored on.

It was the 2nd period when the game started getting choppy with penalties which broke up the flow the game. Why do you think Nyquist didn't get much ice time? Because Wings were always on the PK.

...And you expect a lot out of team to score goals and win games while killing penalties. Perhaps a bit unreasonable to expect that... unless, of course, you are playing NHL12 on xBox on easy mode, then I guess it's feasible.

amongst all the suck on this team Nick Lidstrom remains an absolute boss

Has Nick ever not been an absolute boss? They don't call him the Perfect Human for nothing. Let's face it - we suck right now. Someone has to set the tone. You want that someone to be the captain, otherwise why give them the C? Of all the players on the ice, I expect the most out of Nick night after night, and he rises to that.

Perhaps everyone else on the team should take some notes.

You get fined for calling out refs and depending on what you say you can get suspended as a coach.

I know you get fined, but he's rich enough. I didn't know about the possible suspension. At this stage, we could consider that an added bonus!

Ohhhh, Captain Nick is kind of giving to the refs right now!!!!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

LOL, thanks. Somehow, the dancing bananas lessen the sting of this loss. :lol:

your welcome. i just see you post on here very often and i will honestly say you are one of the best posters in here. your funny, your insults are just so goddamn hilarious i just sometimes spill my beer after reading them. i dont mean to compliment you too much but after this loss i feel the need to :blush:

oh..and go wings

Guest Heaten

They didn't. Scoring only one goal doomed us.

Which validates my initial point; penalties decided the game. Can't generate offense and score goals while on the PK.