• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/1 GDT: Wild 2 at Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

This. This has nothing to do with the refs or penalties. The fact is the wings came out flat after the first period and only scored one goal. Our defense and goaltending is legit, but we can't put any offense together and something is wrong with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Datsyuk whiffed on a shot today, when has that ever happened?

Yes it does. You don't believe 16 minutes worth of PK time has an effect on a team's ability to score goals? That's nearly an entire period where you can't get your lines going at even strength into a normal flow.

The Red Wings deserved some of those calls last night, but the consistency or lack of was laughable. The Red Wings should have started OT on a powerplay after Abdelkader got blatantly interfered with at the end of the third. This was a very poorly officiated game, which greatly hampered the Wings' chances to win.

Edited by GoWings1905

For anyone who is interested in the Kronwall/Koivu OT incident.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=379465

Kerry Fraser really breaks it down well. I still think it could have been interference, but I do understand where Fraser comes from.

Kerry Fraser, the spin doctor.

Basically, he is saying blah blah blah, my refs don't make mistakes, blah blah blah, deal with it blah blah blah Bertuzzi is a bully blah blah blah even though he does the exact same thing yadda yidda kibbles and bits he will always get called for the penalty zippy dippy dooby woobie besides it's the Red Wings, we give them zero breaks flip flap flonga...

Hey Fraser, Hey NHL, Hey Bettman "EAD!"

What Fraser and other people are wrong about is that when players make the 'counter shoulder' move, they are in possession of the puck. Yes Datsyuk and Forsberg are great examples, but this move without possession of the puck is considered an interference play...

I've been lurking here for about 4 years. For some reason (Bass Ale) tonight is the night I actually post

Gimme 4 cups while watching an exciting team miss the playoffs every few years. Not this snooze fest of worsening "puck possession" by guys who can't even possess the puck in the first place. Who gives a s*** about a playoff streak that has amounted to very little?

Ok, I'm done, thanks for listening and letting me vent

Edited by MDtizzle